• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] SW or myst

J

Jancecapade

Hi all,

so since my return i have worked throwing on one of my characters. It is quite enjoyable.

my original temp was Throwing, chiv bushido heal, anat, tact, and resist.

though i am finding that it is terribly annoying to fight any sort of caster mob give that theyre ebolts kill me qwith theyre PEW-PEW-PEw halph a screen away.

i am considering the idea of adding either SW or myst. this way i will have some summons and spells to help me out.

my question is which would be more appropriate.

SW/throwing/tact/chiv/anat/heal/resist
Myst/Focus/throwing/tact/resist/heal anat

also, would it be worthwhile to trade the heal anat for necro/SS for mana/life leeching?

on a similar note, for the original temp stat placement was fairly straightforward, though if i added the SW or myst i would need more mana, so i cant decide whether str for health damage or dex for SSI/heals is more important.
any help would be greatly appreciated

I would be looking to mostly PVM with the ability to hold my ground in PVP

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd probably try myst/focus first and see if you like it. The problem is you would ultimately want 120 throwing/myst/focus and that means you'll have to shave from tact/anat/heal/resist or use lots of +skill on the items. I'd consider dropping healing for bushido in this template. Health stone + cleansing winds should do it for you. Add in confidence when necessary. Necro/SS are very popular among throwers for wraith form or vamp form leeching. With little to no effort you can find a thread in this very forum discussing the character templates that use this.

SW might be fun too, but remember you aren't doing damage with your weapon while casting.

J

Jancecapade

although you cant do damage while casting, does casting a spell interupt your swing timer?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no you just stand there when you cast a spell..

i went with
120 throwing
120 tactics
120 bushido
100 necro
70 chiv
100 anatomy
90 healing

in necro form this temp is very strong.. i can also swap out healing and anat for spirit speak and resist for wraith form or necro with resist if you doing a lot of spell casting mobs.

the problem with mystic is reagents and the adding of focus, and spell weaving is the mana cost, even tho you can have 40 lower mana cost some reason spell weaving you need the full amount of mana to atempt to cast anything..

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As to me Chivalry >> Bushido for a Thrower

I suggest:
Throwing
Tactics
Chivalry
Resists

and Myst/Focus or Anatomy/Healing

p.s. Colossus is very handy for that template. And Enchant allows you to cast with weapon in your hands.