• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Surviving group combat under new aggression rules with active Invigorate song [PvM]

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Under new aggression rules I noticed aggression from monsters when healing party members via "Invigorate" (which heals you and your pets and fellow party members in case you had not yet noticed).

Of course I enjoy the Invigorate song very much in solo combat - but I always thought it was also a nice addition for group combat in a party. Now I notice all that hatred and aggression from our beloved monsters - and, to be honest - sometimes it's very hard to survive. I don't heal my party members any longer.

Notice: Even if monsters allow me to survive they just interrupt my bard songs so frequently that invigorate no longer serves any purpose while in a party.

However, this is not meant as a rant.

How do you cope with this newly adopted aggression?

Did you change your template? Mayhaps you picked up a melee skill to compensate? Wrestling probably? Does Wrestling even help against interruption? Casting Focus on gear? The ever elusive Attunement spell? Or did you just give up?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For bard spells, casting focus only helps when casting, not during upkeep. If you are getting hit alot, wrestling helps you avoid getting hit with regular attacks. Attunement will negate some of the damage from the incoming attack until its burned up. So it may help you with 1 interrupt.