• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Support] The Ultimate Discoing Supporting Mage

G

Gurb

With the rise of imbuing the ability to create specialized templates becomes possible. I got to thinking about the type of template that would support alot of classes. I wanted to have Discordance for champions and peerless bosses. Also needed to have good magery skill for big heals, cures, and EVs. I put in Veterinary so that you could help a tamer keep his pet up. Threw in Spellweaving for WoD and natures fury.

This is more of a social experiment to maybe stir up some conversation. Take a look at what I've composed and leave some feedback.

Skills:
84 real - 120 Disco
74 real - 120 Music
103 real - 115 Mage
77 real - 115 Eval
98 real - 120 Med
110 real - 110 Spellweaving
74 real - 100 Resist
100 real - Veterinary

900 skill points using +180 from items

Items Required:
Mask of Travesty
Imbued Ring
Imbued Bracelet
Songwoven Mantle
Incription made spellbook
Spellwoven Britches
Stitcher's Mittens
Pendant of the Magi
Armor of Fortune
Chaos Shield

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are missing a talisman.

Veterinary alone won't do much good. You need Animal Lore to compliment it to heal decent amounts of damage, cure poison or resurrect. These skills do not have any bearing on how much is healed through spells, just bandages on the pets.

If you want to be in a support role, why do you need Resisting Spells?

How do you intend to use Spellweaving to support? I would think you want to focus on defensive means, not Word of Death (let the pets do their job). Chivalry would be a good choice at this for Remove Curse and other spells. I don't know what Mysticism brings to the table.

You might want to consider adding Peacemaking so you can help control the area, so the tamers can focus on keeping their pets alive and well.

Stayin Alive,

BG

L

Luke Carjacker

I was thinking that as well. Resist is not necessary for the type of role you are describing. Not sure peace would be a good choice because an area peace will throw pets into peace as well, which is definitely not helpful to tamers. Provoke, however, is great for crowd control given the right circumstances. For example, the new abyssal infernal champ likes to summon packs of 5 creatures every 20-30 seconds (nightmares, fire elementals, fire steeds, burning gargoyles, and the ever pesky phoenixes). Provocation is a great way to keep the secondary spawn away from tamers and their pets, not to mention do a little damage as well. Same scenario would hold true for neira and her summons, and a few others.

In a support role, I think it's an interesting idea. My question, really, is whether this type of supporting play is necessary at all. Virtually all the champs can be taken down by 3-4 players pretty efficiently, and same could be said for most of the peerless as well. So, thinking this through logically, you'll necessarily be at least the 2nd, if not 3rd, 4th or 5th player in a group to take advantage of these support skills. Question is, would you even been needed in this case? If there are more than 4 people on scene, it's usually an all out gank anyways. So, unless you're really trying to support people with incomplete skill sets, I don't really see the needs for this type of template.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving makes an outstanding support skill, even if it's just for gift of renewal.

It also makes an impressive offensive help when combined with the magery and eval. (try reaper form and arcane empowerment for an easy 40% SDI).

The template has the benifit of being both good in support and offense, with the only real weakness being that vet isn't a stand-alone skill (needs animal lore).

Interesting enough, if you replaced vet with 50 taming, 50 lore, you could get a highland/lowland boura combination and do well with them.

Or you could add in spirit speak and necromancy (60/40 or whatever fits) and have yourself a mana sucking machine as well as good support capabilities.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ill agree with most of what has allready been stated.

the vet is useless without animal lore.
and lets me honest.
on high end mobs all have a area effect spell now, so vetting is not a good thing for most high end hunts.

youd be much getter off with just healing a pet with magery if you have the mana bank and regen to do it.

also consider 50 necro and ss for the wraith form while dropping the Word of Deaths.
youll get back all the mana you are using plus some.
so you can chain them.

and you dont even need real skill in both of those.
you can have like 30 or 40 and use a talisman, book and ring and watch to get ya up to 50.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking though some faults in the suit. Char is going too be hurting in the way of casting with only 1/2 casting. Ur LMC and MR will also severely hurt the template as will run out of mana fast. I would try maybe something along these lines:

120 Disco
120 Music
115-120 Magery
115-120 Eval
120 Med
100-120 Weaving (Know nothing really about skill)

Pretty solid character right there. I used to play char like that all the time minus the weaving. I think had scribe on him for the SDI. If really wanted to go with some +skill bonus jewelry etc and add in some chiv into template. Get enough for remove curse. The vet as you ahd it would not help much without lore and then restist at 100 IMO is not worth it. Carry petals and tboxes.

Suit wise for character..I ran suit with 60+ all resists 10-12 MR, 40 LMC, 100 LRC...okay SDI. Rarely had mana issues. Like it says. Its a support character. Generally disco the peerless (what used char for) and then just heal pets most of the time. Occasionally would go on the offensive but mainly just conserved mana and healed pets.