• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Support / Healer Toon

Anubis1671

Visitor
Hello
Right now I am playing a Dragoon fighter but I was thinking about making some kind of support/healer player for bosses and to help people out. I was thinking something like below but was wondering what level Spell Weaving needs to be at get the best out the buffs. Also should I go with Med or Focus? I plan on making my own suit and finding jewelry to get 100 LRC and 40 LMC. Below will give me 720 real skill points. I would like to be right in the thick of the fight on a bard swamp dragon healing with aids and healing spells. With some EV doing the damage

120 Mage to do EV to get credit on kills , Greater Heals and Cures
120 EI 100 real (+10 on spell book and +10 on the talisman from Brit Clean Up) to make my Mage spells better
100 Anatomy
100 Heal making a bunch of enhanced aids now
100 Focus or Med.
120 Spell Weaving Do I need 120 or should I go lower and put skill into Anatomy and Heal?
80 Resist
Any feedback would be great

Thanks

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You really only need 120 weaving (117.5 technically) to not fizzle word of death, getting a level 6 focus is the important part for the strength of your spells. If you're not intending to do big damage you don't really need eval. I play a 4x 120 bard with mysticism as a support character and it's great. Run bard masteries to buff everyone, then disco the mobs, provo side spawn, etc. Mysticism lets you cast cleansing wind on folks, mass sleep to help control the area and RC generally does and takes more damage than EVs. I'd consider dropping weaving to 100, dropping eval and resist and adding bard skills and/or mystic/focus.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hello
Right now I am playing a Dragoon fighter but I was thinking about making some kind of support/healer player for bosses and to help people out. I was thinking something like below but was wondering what level Spell Weaving needs to be at get the best out the buffs. Also should I go with Med or Focus? I plan on making my own suit and finding jewelry to get 100 LRC and 40 LMC. Below will give me 720 real skill points. I would like to be right in the thick of the fight on a bard swamp dragon healing with aids and healing spells. With some EV doing the damage

120 Mage to do EV to get credit on kills , Greater Heals and Cures
120 EI 100 real (+10 on spell book and +10 on the talisman from Brit Clean Up) to make my Mage spells better
100 Anatomy
100 Heal making a bunch of enhanced aids now
100 Focus or Med.
120 Spell Weaving Do I need 120 or should I go lower and put skill into Anatomy and Heal?
80 Resist
Any feedback would be great

Thanks
You should go with Med. You should also have 120 Spellweaving. You can use Arcane Empowerment to increase the amount you heal with spells, so lesser heals do about 20, greater heals do 60-70 I think. It probably also buffs Gift of Renewal which heals through anything. I would also try and get 4/6 casting on there so you can cast Essence Off Wind which will give a SSI penalty to targets.

I'm a bit torn on what advice to give you really, as whatever you do it is largely going to be massive overkill on cross healing, especially if you're cross healing a tanking dexxer who is most probably going to be already equipped to leech from most hits.

Aside from pretty much any Bard template I'd probably suggest something like;

100 Mage (120 Crystalline Ring)
120 Eval
100 Anatomy
120 Mysticism
100 Focus (120 Crystalline Ring)
100 Healing
120 Spellweaving

This would be the best support character imo, because;
-You have 120 Mage for buffable (Arcane Empowerment) Lesser Heal, Greater Heal, Ressurection, Bless, Cure, Arch Cure, field spells, Invis.
-You have 120 melee defense from the combination of 120 Eval and 100 Anatomy, can't be Disarmed, can use book and shield slots for mods.
-You have 120 Mysticism so you can remove Curses with Cleansing Wind, you can Spell Trigger Cleansing Wind, you have Healing Stone to keep yourself alive (need to Disarm yourself to use it) without interrupting your casting on others, you can use Stone Form which makes you immune to ALL stat debuffs and Poisons (meaning your bandages can't be slowed or blocked other than Bleed/Mortal) I'd factor in the resists needed to keep it Corpse Skin proof in Stone Form and Protection proof out of it (hop on test and work it out if needed), obviously very handy if you're standing next to Medusa cross healing for example and with defensive Wrestling you won't be meleeing and causing petrification/twins, it also buffs all your resists to 75's (80 energy on an Elf) on a casting template (without the need for Refinements) while keeping 45 DCI available.
-You have bandages for cross Cure/Heal and Ressurection.
-You have Spellweaving for Gift of Renewal, Attunement, Gift of Life, Arcane Empowerment, Mana Shield.
-Building with the Crystalline Ring and with so many mod slots available you may as well also shoot for 18 HPR on the suit if it allows.
-Offensively you have the option of Slayer/SDI spellbooks with all the Mage spells and Summons, Rising Colossus, Summon Reaper (great for distracting mobs and can cast Word Of Death), Thunderstorm and Essence of Wind (which are fantastic especially at 4/6, especially for clearing the screen) and casting/SSI penaltys on targets, Word Of Death (especially useful on things like Virtuebane that spam heal at low levels, and in general for finishing off big monsters quicker).

It'd be pretty hard to die with all that available and even if you do you have Gift of Life/Sacrifice to self res. Plus the HP shield from Spirituality from all the cross healing you'll be doing.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you wanted to be a pure support mage/healer, either going the 4x bard route or following the template from Lord God would be two great places to start. Those are pretty much pure support templates.

In my opinion, any mage with evaluate intelligence and spellweaving can be a positive support character if all you intend to do is heal other players in your group and cast buffs on their behalf. Any additional skills you add in addition to those can be of benefit. If you are playing with a group that runs a lot of tamers, you could also throw veterinary and animal lore into the mix.