• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Super Drag Nerf

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure this doesn't belong here but it happened while fighting on a faction char so excuse the rant.

Here's how the story plays out. I kill a blue, the other blue says all kill and I see insta grey a second later. I had 127 HP with 70 fire resist.

Now the super drags may be fine for trammel and peerless, but in pvp it's just rediculous. Why bother playing another template when all you have to do is tame a super drag and kill someone over a screen away with "all kill"?

This goes well beyond any arguement for skill loss for a tamer. I think it's about due for a nerf. Anyone else agree?

Ok, rant over. Flame away :gun:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure this doesn't belong here but it happened while fighting on a faction char so excuse the rant.

Here's how the story plays out. I kill a blue, the other blue says all kill and I see insta grey a second later. I had 127 HP with 70 fire resist.

Now the super drags may be fine for trammel and peerless, but in pvp it's just rediculous. Why bother playing another template when all you have to do is tame a super drag and kill someone over a screen away with "all kill"?

This goes well beyond any arguement for skill loss for a tamer. I think it's about due for a nerf. Anyone else agree?

Ok, rant over. Flame away :gun:
For once Bere I completely agree. Super Drags should have an extremely pathetically low movement speed or they should not use there fireball on real players. There was a very good reason why the normal dragons had there fireball removed back in the day by the devs back in the day. Ya know.. the devs that actually played the game and cared if it was good. To be honest beetles and the bird things too. The dmg is way out of wack and when you add the gimp ass archer weapons that are ridiculously easy to make you got a pretty patheticlly gimped character. Its actually funny how many ppl have this template and still suck beyond reason... Anyway... i agree.

S

Saleena

I have to agree with you also ber, I got hit by a dragon for 92 points of damage tonight. It's espically bad in factions its really going to end up ruining factions in the end I think. Alot of people enjoy factions for the fight of it and the pvp aspect of it. Hopefully they make some changes with it there should be certain templates that are left in tram, and dont get me wrong its nice to see the ocasional tamer but when you have a faction overloading on them its just stupid.

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly dragons shouldn't be nerfed, just tweaked. Should deffantly remove pet summoning ability and pets should get stat loss when they die. The getting them near death only to dissapear back to owner and attack again 30 seconds later full life is what drives me crazy.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree... something has to be done with these dragons. I cannot imagine the initial conversation between our devs when they decided adding these things would be a good idea!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree... something has to be done with these dragons. I cannot imagine the initial conversation between our devs when they decided adding these things would be a good idea!
The cynic in me wonders if they thought it would be funny to get all the tamers excited over the greater dragons, give them time to figure out how to tame them, train them up, and then roll out The Six and watch all that work go up in smoke when the tamed greater dragons rapidly lost loyalty attacking The Six and the tamers caught on too late to what was going on.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cynic in me wonders if they thought it would be funny to get all the tamers excited over the greater dragons, give them time to figure out how to tame them, train them up, and then roll out The Six and watch all that work go up in smoke when the tamed greater dragons rapidly lost loyalty attacking The Six and the tamers caught on too late to what was going on.

I really LOL'd at one of the tamers who posted about that on Uhall. Said that he and his wife were both quitting after xx years of playing, because they had some super dragon completely trained and all of the sudden it was gone with no warning.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Dragons are only instant-kill against non-experienced PVPers. When targeted on a seasoned player you almost have to get lucky to kill them.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I wish that were true JC, but even tamers can pvp to an extent. It wasn't the first time I've been killed by a tamer, not likely the last. Perhaps its my fault though, I always like sticking around long enough for the kill shot. It seemed that was enough.

I'm sure there are very few people in UO who pvp that havent been killed by a tamer at least once. I know I have, and I've been playing since August of 99'. Maybe I'm just an old newb :)

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Dragons are only instant-kill against non-experienced PVPers. When targeted on a seasoned player you almost have to get lucky to kill them.
For the most part I agree but the problem is that you get a insta dismount tamer and your on foot. They go in ninja form and keep shooting you. Para shot you then your screwed. i have been hit for 80 dmg witch insta killed me after the 25 dmg dismount shot with the 15 dmg lighting show for them xbow. I think all pet dmg in pvp should be halfed that would solve everything. Dragons and warhorses would still deal massive damage and be 1k hitpoint meat shields but wouldnt not be dominating like they are now.

S

Salty Pete

If I run my GM beggar/mage into a fight against one of the mage killer PvP templates I am going to get rolled. Should I then come to stratics and demand that all mage killer templates be nerfed or should I adapt my character to something that works for fighting a mage killer template?

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight and cry about guns being unfair.... Bring a bullet proof vest or your own gun.

W

wee papa smurf

Ok lets all adapt to the greater dragons, how do i set up "Run like hell" macro? I cant find it in the menu!

:twak:

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your player skill cant really help you from an instant dismount shot (20-35dmg) + dragon bite(30+ dmg) + fire breathe (60-90dmg thru 70 fire resist depending on dragon's max current hp) + any spells that dragon cast on you.

Yes you can get lucky that the dragon doesnot fire breathe you but chances are its possible that it can bite you while you fall off mount and cast several explosions and flamestrikes and if you are still not dead, take that 85dmg fire breathe and somehow try to survive thru 200+ damage done in 5 seconds.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
W

wee papa smurf

Umm, that was definitly not out of context, he came through the gate got revealed and they all attacked him, the poor bugger even got dismounted, i was there the whole time TB and the drags was there :)

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw that fight, the screenshot is taken out of context.

I saw Madmardigen kill De'tox 1 v 1 and then the dragons showed up a bit too late.[/QUOD

De'tox obviously lost connecton if he died to badmardigen.