(OT) Super Bowl Ads

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Well of all the ads this year, I found four to be pretty good.

1. The Coke Siege, its got siege in the name, its got orcs, what else do you need?
2. The Volkswagon Darth Vader Commercial. As a parent, it was pretty good IMO.
3. The Bags Not Empty Doritos Commercial. When he licks the guys finger. Pure gold.
4. The Flowers ad.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2000
The Coke siege one was my favorite commercial.

The rest meh, not as good as many of the prior yrs. of superbowl tv commercials.

Now who has a neony light suit I can wear in the dark, changin colors, like those folks in the half time show ? :)

Black Eyed Peas were ok, but I was more thrilled to see SLASH come in there and USHER ! :) And missy Black Eyed Peas cute as she is, doth not sing like Axel Rose in the [Guns and Roses] song. :)

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
what did you think about this movie?

[YOUTUBE]UdmupNxobP0[/YOUTUBE]

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 26, 2004
siege
yes the coke one was epic . gotta love when they bust out a huge dragon , but i also like the ones that make you laugh.

we will , we will , WOK you!

YouTube - Kung Fu Panda 2 "We Will Wok You" Super Bowl TV Spot (HD)

yeah, im sorry but the black eyed peas WERE lame ... and christina blew a line in the national anthem ? (how embarrassing)

slash i think was the highlight of the halftime show but fergies voice right there just made me cringe .

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
every coke add was too care bearish for me.

my 2 favorites were the beetle running around for new vw beetle
and the darth vader kid

good trailers were
thor
cap america
aliens vs cowboys
transformers 3
super 8

new tv show comming in may?
people get mixed into a time of dinasours and high tech

great game all the way to the end.

i thought of 2 commercials that would be cool
1) the football game is running live and you hear 2 12 yr old kids ragging on each other and you cut back to see them playing a video game controling the actual live teams

2) you have the 2 teams out on the field playing but instead it is wrestlers. each hike the pull out chairs and ladders to wack each other and jumping off refs shoulders like jumping off ropes to tackle.

Lorddog

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
First of all you cares what Fergie sounds like, she is way hot...in a dirty way OMFG!

The Beetle spot was my fav (im car car guy)

then
doritos brings back the dead (very cool stuff, never been done..hard to do today)

finger licker...I had 25 people at my house and they all LOLed!

the best part is I actually bet

the Packers -2.5

the over 45.5

and the best was a prop bet...over 52.5 paid me 8 to 1 (US$ 800)

total winnings $1800, now thats a great superbowl!

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2009
Locking this thread being it's pointless. When you folks are serious about discussing superbowl commercials, let me know.

Please do not reopen locked threads, as I cannot bear to see my authority questioned on a mostly inactive forum, based on the most broken/lifeless server of a 14 year old fantasy role playing game with unicorns.

:eyes:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2000
My really old unicorn upon Chesapeake shard, from back in the day, just won't play with me ! :(

It had liked me, till pub. 16 and then it refused to like me any longer cuz my old tamer wanna be chr. on Chessie was no longer high enough a tamer to bond with the unicorn.

It has sat in the stables ever since pub. 16 and all I get to do is FEED IT MEAT & restable it, till it does bond with that chr. !

While I have been offered millions upon millions of GP, for said *rare* original meat eating unicorn, I will not sell it.

I keep tellin my self I can not leave Ultima Online for good, till whatever year I do decide to become a *tamer* on that chr. enabling my *rare* meat eating unicorn to bond with me.

'Will you be my friend oh great and noble beast ? '
Bleh...I am soooo not the tamer type though ! MEH!