• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Sunken Ship Locations

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is there a list anywhere of the sunken ship locations and their relative location on the map?
Today was my first time getting out on a boat and fishing since I left 7 years ago. I returned 2 weeks ago and have spent all that time getting use to the controls. the map. combat, and finding a place to rest my head. Today I was determined to get out on the water and have some fun.
I got a water stained SOS and went to retrieve it. The distance from my location and where the SOS was took me a long amount of sailing time. Had I know the general location I could have recalled close to the location then sailed to the spot.
The SOS location was South of Vesper @ 35.47N x 135.29E.
Maybe others could post what locations they get and we could make this a sticky?
I am using the EC client and find I can't get any map utility to work. I also run the game from a D drive and that complicates these programs understanding where the data is located. What I know is fishing up SOS's is not as much fun as it use to be without map programs.
Happy Sailing everyone

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1. For the EC, Ultima Mapper and UO Cartographer do work. The best thing for you to do is get Pinco's UI, it is the best for the EC. Whether you use Pincos's with the EC or the Default UI, there is an option on the options tab to heck to use Cartographer/Ultima Mapper. http://www.ultimamapper.com/ http://community.stratics.com/threads/uoam-uocartographer-ec-tips-sa-map-links-and-uoth-here.186189/

2. There isn't a list of locations that I am aware of, they are random. If you can afford a Davey Jones Locker http://www.uoguide.com/Davies'_Locker Once dropped in there, you can see the locations and pull out the maps in nearby areas before you go. Unfortunately there is no organizer filter or anything so it can be a pain if you have a ton. I also marked runes at specific points to drop boats in the water to make it quicker to get the the areas with the maps. Once you have a group together, find the closest land location and mark a rune and then name it with a general map coordinate so you know you can go there in the future with similar maps.

3. I install on a separate drive as well, with cartographer and Ultima Mapper, there is a setting once you start, to locate the the EC Client.

I hope this helps :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a list anywhere of the sunken ship locations and their relative location on the map?
Today was my first time getting out on a boat and fishing since I left 7 years ago. I returned 2 weeks ago and have spent all that time getting use to the controls. the map. combat, and finding a place to rest my head. Today I was determined to get out on the water and have some fun.
I got a water stained SOS and went to retrieve it. The distance from my location and where the SOS was took me a long amount of sailing time. Had I know the general location I could have recalled close to the location then sailed to the spot.
The SOS location was South of Vesper @ 35.47N x 135.29E.
Maybe others could post what locations they get and we could make this a sticky?
I am using the EC client and find I can't get any map utility to work. I also run the game from a D drive and that complicates these programs understanding where the data is located. What I know is fishing up SOS's is not as much fun as it use to be without map programs.
Happy Sailing everyone
with my UI you can just open all the SoS and mark all the locations on the map, then you can use the action to locate the nearest and follow the compass :)

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Pinco You're a genius! I DL your client got it patched, then ran the game right clicking on the patcher. I made a copy of the EC play sound.exe file but it doesn't load your Interface. I get a message that it has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution. I will just keep using the patcher.exe to run your interface. I also DL Cartographer and it works!! Holy Cow I can't believe everything is up and running so well. I can't wait to get back on the water and see how all this comes together and makes gameplay much easier again.

Thanks to both you and DL Lestat for giving me this information.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco You're a genius! I DL your client got it patched, then ran the game right clicking on the patcher. I made a copy of the EC play sound.exe file but it doesn't load your Interface. I get a message that it has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution. I will just keep using the patcher.exe to run your interface. I also DL Cartographer and it works!! Holy Cow I can't believe everything is up and running so well. I can't wait to get back on the water and see how all this comes together and makes gameplay much easier again.

Thanks to both you and DL Lestat for giving me this information.
cartographer is not necessary, and I've always been concerned about it's disk read/write frequency that is insanely high...
and EC PlaySound is not my whole UI, to install my UI just follow the instructions: http://pincosui.wikia.com/wiki/Setup_Guide

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Pinco I do have your UI up and playing the game with it. The reason I tried to use the EC playsound was because of this statement in your guide.
"
AdvancedEdit
You can create a desktop shortcut for "EC PlaySound.exe" to directly start the game without using the UI Patcher.
You can also use the command line parameter "-game" for EC PlaySound to directly start the game without starting the game patcher. "

I tried it but it didn't work and probably wasn't supposed to to start the game.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I do have your UI up and playing the game with it. The reason I tried to use the EC playsound was because of this statement in your guide.
"
AdvancedEdit
You can create a desktop shortcut for "EC PlaySound.exe" to directly start the game without using the UI Patcher.
You can also use the command line parameter "-game" for EC PlaySound to directly start the game without starting the game patcher. "

I tried it but it didn't work and probably wasn't supposed to to start the game.
you have to make a shortcut not copy the file on the desktop :D

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3. I install on a separate drive as well, with cartographer and Ultima Mapper, there is a setting once you start, to locate the the EC Client.
Not sure I understand that one....

Why the need to install another UO client on a separate Hard Disk ?? Why not just use 1 UO client installation and have on that one Hard disk also UO Cartographer and UO Mapper ? What is the use of making a doubled UO Client installation ??

And what do you mean by "there is a setting once you start, to locate the the EC Client" ?

Locate the Enhanced Client ? Once the UO Enhanced Client is installed on the computer Hard Disk why would anyone need to "locate" it ?
Doesn't the installation program by default create a short-cut onto the Computer's Desktop to launch UO easily ? Why would one still need to "locate" it ? I did not understand.....

Thanks.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not sure I understand that one....

Why the need to install another UO client on a separate Hard Disk ?? Why not just use 1 UO client installation and have on that one Hard disk also UO Cartographer and UO Mapper ? What is the use of making a doubled UO Client installation ??

And what do you mean by "there is a setting once you start, to locate the the EC Client" ?

Locate the Enhanced Client ? Once the UO Enhanced Client is installed on the computer Hard Disk why would anyone need to "locate" it ?
Doesn't the installation program by default create a short-cut onto the Computer's Desktop to launch UO easily ? Why would one still need to "locate" it ? I did not understand.....

Thanks.
I apologize for confusing you with something rather simple.

1. I only have it installed one time on one drive, just not on my c drive. I merely was saying that I (like the OP) install on a different drive than the default c drive.

2. When you install the EC somewhere other than the default location, you have to tell other programs where to find it. If cartographer or ultima mapper cannot find your EC installation in the default location, it cannot load the maps and thus will not work. Here is a picture of what I am referring to.

cart settings.png

In it, I direct UO Cartographer to look on my F drive for the location of the EC. Ultima Mapper has a similar feature. I only have it installed one time and it is on the F drive instead of the C drive. I hope this clears it up for you.