• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suit advice please!

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking to build a Sampire, or rather, rebuild one. For a while I was going to go with a Mystic Stoneform Dexxer but people seem to advise me the Sampire is the better choice in almost all situations.

Anyway, the suit is as follows. You guys are the experts, I'll trust in your advice to help me out. with the suit:

Glasses: Mace and Shield
Gorget: Jackal's Collar
Tunic: Woodland Armour, HPI5, Stamina Increase 8, LMC 7%, DI 10% 9/8/17/16/12
Arms: Woodland, HPI5, Stamina 8, LMC 7%, DI 10%, 9/18/10/14/10
Legs: Woodland, Stamina 8, LMC 7%, DI 10%, 13/18/9/13/17
Gloves: Woodland, HPI 5, Stamina 7, HPR 2, MR 2, LMC 7%, 11, 19, 8, 9, 19
Talisman: Conjurer's Trinket
Apron: Crimson
Ring: Int 8, HCI 15%, DCI 15%, LMC 5%, DI 20%
Bracelet: Int 6, HCI 15%, DCI 15%, LMC 7%, DI 20%

Stats: Str: 111, Dex, 150, Int 48
HP 130, Stamina 181, Mana 68

Resists: 70, 95, 70, 65, 70

I understand Chiv, Bushido etc have changed since I last played a Sampire too. COuld anyone direct me to a decent guide on playing a Sampire in the current game?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Weapon skill
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy / Resist spells
85 Chiv
60 Parry

That's what I run for my template. Also try and hit 45 HCI and 45 DCI, 100 DI and your be set. 40 LMC is another essential in my opinion.

Last edited:

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It really depends on your available funding for the suit, but off the bat, I would recommend dropping the Jackal's Collar for a Gladiator's Collar (HPI, HCI and lots of resists) and the Conjurer's Trinket for a Mana Phasing Orb (or Slither, if you have the money). I say this because the Gladiator's Collar will allow you to be a little bit more flexible with your remaining suit modifications and resist. I don't recommend the Conjurer's Trinket because it has the "Undead" Slayer property, which can really mess you up if you are say in Enemy of One and fighting something that is a Repond slayer.

I also highly recommend putting on max Enhance Potions on your jewerly....this will help tremendously with stats...whether to compensates with curses if you do not have resists, or the major bump if you do.

I agree with DJAd:

At least 45 HCI, DCI, 100% DI and 40 LMC...but I would also recommend to get max HPI (25), and as much Stamina, Mana, Dex, Int on there as possible.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sampire suits are great because you can really spend any amount of gold on them, from basic for under 10mil, to sky high. the easiest / cheapest upgrades would be to replace the jackals, i wouldnt get a gladiators collar, they wear out too fast on a sampire. better off spending the gold on a 6mod woodland piece or 2. I use conjurers trinket, and orb only for when im fighting reponds. Get a 5dci sash, corguls or spell focusing sash, and you didnt mention back slot. infinity quiver for cheapest, rangers cloak and despicable quiver for more expensive upgrades. Get damage mod off one jewel. Try to get lmc off one jewl. try to add str to jewels, and id lower overall mana unless you rely on it to string ais. like you only need maybe 55 if attacking multiple targets. What weapon skill are you using? fencing and macing weapons work great for a 0 ssi suit. Swords are the highest damage weapons class tho, and for that you really need ssi. With the new ssi jewels its very doable. Tinker legs too, tho now they are kinda second rate but easier to find than the 10 ssi. dci is a pain to max out, your better off with 35 right now. If you are swords try to get ssi items eventually. for now tho, the gorget, and jewels would make the most bang for your buck.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a write up of my suit , if you bought this you would need to spend a lot... if you gather the ingreds and arties yourself all you will need to invest is time.

gorg

hpi 5
ST inc 8
Mana inc 8
HCI 5%

Arms

HPI 5
ST Inc 8
Mana inc 6
HCI 5%

gloves

HPI 5
st inc 8
mana inc 8
HCI 5%
LMC 7%

mace and shields
hld 30%
str 10
dex 5

Chest

Stam inc 8
mana inc 7
HCI 5%

Animated legs of the tinker
dex 5
star regain 2
10% ssi
DI 10%

Ring (turquoise)
str8
dex 8
HCI15%
DCI 15%
SSi 5%

Brace

Str 8
DCI 15%
LMC 5%
Dex 8
25% damage inc

Crimson cinc
5 dex
HPI 10
HPr2

Trinket
str1
HPr2
HCI 10%

Detective boots
4 int
Conj Garb
MR2
DCI 5%

Leutenant of brit guard
Int 5
mr 2
LRC 10%

Quiver of inf
DI 10%
DCI 5%

Stats with all this on (without potions)
150 / 150hp
150 / 182 stam (+15 SSI on suit!!)
19 / 68 mana

for weps I change a lot but ALWAYS have 30%ssi and around 70% mana leech :)
Took me around 3 weeks to make the pieces and i farmed the arties (except the garb) that cost 25m
total cost to me....
25m.
if you have an imbuer and a crafter... your sampire can gather all the ingreds!
take the time and you can rock an awesome suit out for minimal cost.

hope this helps.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I best to imbue the bits? Or try for a reforge?

Also, something I've been wondering about. When am I best to repair imbued items?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I best to imbue the bits? Or try for a reforge?

Also, something I've been wondering about. When am I best to repair imbued items?
The only time you would reforge for a sampire suit is to get hit chance or dci on armor. dci is really a pain to reforge in, as it hits only 4 rather than 5 most of the time (many base peices needed with workable resists) Now reforging for hit Can be vital if you are trying to rid one jewl of hit chance to open up another mod. This becomes needed as you incorporate swing speed onto jewels. Like i have 25 hit chance increase on my armor, 15 on bracer, 10 on conjurers trinket. That is to make possible swing speed jewels. I use a bracer, 8 dex, 4 stam, 15hci 15dci 10swing speed, and ring 8str 8 dex 15dci 25damage 5swing speed. I plan to upgrade the ring to a 10swing speed, for a full 25 swing speed on suit with ranger cloak. you can fit in alot more mods that way, and lmc is not so much of issue as it can be if you use tinker legs.

I also wanted to get the hit off the ring so i can have the option to use a "subprime" ring. I dont really need dex on the ring either as currently im at 194 stam. so using a subprime ring could be the differnce of paying maybe 10 or 20 mil, compared to 100 mil, and will be easier, tho still hard, to find. I wouldnt want to ruin a clean 10 ssi jewel by making it into a non ep25 ring anyway. it would decrease the value vastly.

The point is, you reforge if you need the hit chance mod. and only if you have a reason to need it. I reforged for 5 hit, then enhanced with heartwood to get ten hit for the specific purpose of getting hit chance off a ring. You still have more overall weight on a peice of armor if you Do Not reforge, just imbue up, and then enhance for the 5 hit. But i didnt want to build an entire suit that way as it would be even more time consuming and expensive than the one i have now. Rember, the hit mod from heartwood is only a chance from heartwood, not guarunteed, so multiple peices usually have to be imbued, or reforged then imbued (even more time consuming) Then enhanced.

Short answer - Best to get a gorget for your current suit with 5 hit chance, or spend hours upon hours, and a couple hundred million gold (mostly from reforged tools) to build an entire suit.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a write up of my suit , if you bought this you would need to spend a lot... if you gather the ingreds and arties yourself all you will need to invest is time.

gorg

hpi 5
ST inc 8
Mana inc 8
HCI 5%

Arms

HPI 5
ST Inc 8
Mana inc 6
HCI 5%

gloves

HPI 5
st inc 8
mana inc 8
HCI 5%
LMC 7%

mace and shields
hld 30%
str 10
dex 5

Chest

Stam inc 8
mana inc 7
HCI 5%

Animated legs of the tinker
dex 5
star regain 2
10% ssi
DI 10%

Ring (turquoise)
str8
dex 8
HCI15%
DCI 15%
SSi 5%

Brace

Str 8
DCI 15%
LMC 5%
Dex 8
25% damage inc

Crimson cinc
5 dex
HPI 10
HPr2

Trinket
str1
HPr2
HCI 10%

Detective boots
4 int
Conj Garb
MR2
DCI 5%

Leutenant of brit guard
Int 5
mr 2
LRC 10%

Quiver of inf
DI 10%
DCI 5%

Stats with all this on (without potions)
150 / 150hp
150 / 182 stam (+15 SSI on suit!!)
19 / 68 mana

for weps I change a lot but ALWAYS have 30%ssi and around 70% mana leech :)
Took me around 3 weeks to make the pieces and i farmed the arties (except the garb) that cost 25m
total cost to me....
25m.
if you have an imbuer and a crafter... your sampire can gather all the ingreds!
take the time and you can rock an awesome suit out for minimal cost.

hope this helps.

Did you reforge 1st and imbue, and then enhance?

Last edited: