• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions...

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let me say i've never made a thief..and i never really pvpped....so really, i barely have an idea of what i'm writing.
Therefore, try to be as much polite as u can, cuz quite surely u'll read lots of bullsh1t.
I'll put it as a short story....cuz it's kind funny how everything evolved just from looking for...basicly infos about all but thief ^_^

Dunno why, but few days ago...i started thinking....of warriors....uhm, ye..vampi form....and so necro....
and i thought..."uhm ahah" how sexy would be a warrior spamming around wither...especially if u consider the whirlwind attack....and maybe even some cool hit area effect on that weapon....
Ofc ....cool to see 4sure (and i'm the kind of person who'll do everything for just looking sexy), but then negative karma in 1sec...so..how will u deal with chiva? Ofc u can't...then i got 120 fencing on my toy...so *** whirlwind....and the rest....that's what i thought.

Something like a day after i started reading about thief....holy sh1t...ninja is pure sex guys...then hiding, stealthing and stealing!...."oi oi i'm here...i'm there"..i feel like Copperfield! ^.^
Ya, i wanna be a thief.

So...as far as i've seen...

120 stealing, 120 ninja, 100 snooping, 100 hiding
IF i use just leather armor...i can stick on 60 stealth right? therefore 500points so far..

Then i've seen fencing in lots of templates...and well i got it too [120 so far..]...so, let's say 120 fencing
Now, i got the skills for stealing around...but i thought it could be nice if i could activate and clear even some spwans all by myself...hoping for reds or randoms to steal from.
So..that wither crazy idea...(said before) popped up again. Now,keeping reading about thief temp....seems like he doesn't need at all chiva....full hpr or something like that and ninja skills...should be enough....
I thought...uhm...cooool....
Then i thought...uhm i could use a weapon with just super high area dmg too for helping me in the noobs spwans...
something like...the fey slayer mace(can't remember the name atm)....75 hit poison area with a decent/nice ssi.
Otherwise when i'm hiding around....i'll switch to something like a weapon with fc1,dci and hpr2 bonus.
Or whenever i want to do something different i use a fencing tool....

So....what about adding ss/necro?lots of options....

ss 100
necro 0 if i even use a human. I can pump it with jewels/items just for transformin..
The cool about wraith is the free recall thing too..
Guess i can wear a full lrc set too in that way...

Otherwise....counting on shadow & bandana.. i'll have more 70 free points....would be cool trying to find some other things for 100 necro...i guess so.
Or i could use that points somewherelse...dunno...medit..even resist...or...something crazy like healing...70 healing + 10 healing points taken from the elves gloves...would bring it to 80. Considering 20 anatomy from joat...i can heal something like 20hp and poisons too (a cool option while withering spwns with serpents or things that poison u. [hpr +bandage should be really enough])

Dunno about my own resists and how much fc/fcr i need....but i bet they'll be fked up in that way....right? and me with them i gues ^.^

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Your on the right track, though for Necro most thieves I know only take enough to do Wraith Form as it removes the "Push Through" effect. I don't personally use a Full LRC Suit, but that's all a matter of choice.

Myself this is how I run
Stealing 120.0 75.0 +( 9.0)
Stealth 120.0 75.0 +( 4.0)
Magery 110.0 90.0 +( 7.0)
Ninjitsu 101.4 75.4 +( 13.0)
Fencing 100.0 100.0
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Snooping 100.0 90.0 +( 10.0)
Poisoning 80.0 80.0
Tracking 28.6 28.6
Str 105 105
Dex 96 89 (+7)
Int 56 56

Pretty broad set of skills there and I still have 6 skill points left to spend. All my skill bonus are taken from A) Shadow Dancer Leggings B) Burglar's Bandana C) Imbued Jewelry. The Jewelry isn't even at max weight either. Also I have the Fencing scrolled to 120, and carry a Dread's Revenge which has +20 fencing, great for when you find that occasional scripter you want to hit with a little poison.

And yes you can run stealth lower but the closer to 120 the better your odds at passing a passive reveal or damage check, in addition to the more steps you can take before another check is necessary.

Thieves are a bit like tamers really, with only have 3 main skills the rest is pretty open to us. Ninjitsu though could be considered a 4th, but even with that we have a good range of options in our builds.