• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions on a Tamer's suit making ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As many tamers know, there are monsters which are nasty to tamers; that is, they either have a damaging aura which makes it difficult for a tamer to stay next to the pet to vet it, or who teleport the tamer to them.

Any suggestion on how a tamer's "luck" suit could be best built in order for the tamer to be able to stay at a distance from the target and heal the pet only with greater heals ?

Would that be enough to keep the pet alive even vs. tough foes ?

I assume such a suit should be definately medable, with maxed out FC, FCR, LRC and LMC but what else might be usefull ?

Also, since the suit should be with the highest luck possible, this means using the Etoile and Novo Bleue, the Luck Garb and what other artifacts ? Meaning, what pieces will then be actually reforgeable/imbuable to get all of the mods wanted ?

Thanks !

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have the basics of it. Build your suit around FC, FCR, LMC, LRC and your luck. I'm not a big believer in how luck operates in this game, so I don't worry about it on my suits. I also build mine differently, incorporating DCI and a mage weapon to provide better protection for my tamer, especially where lots of mobs aggro on you at once. To each his own.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 100lrc, 40lmc, 55 SDI, 45dci, 21 mana regen, all 70s resist with 84 physical (to counter protection spell). 2/6 casting and some intel bonus. All reforged parts and imbued jewels.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 55 LMC, MR6 studded suits (on Siege, so nothing too expensive) with focus. Bump that MR to 12 since you can use insurance, or 18 (item cap) with some fancier items, and you're fairly well off. If you can get a peace mastery full bard to use his regen mastery on you, you're sitting at 40 MR.

50+ LMC makes "Heal" cost 2 mana. It heals 13-15 hp. You can spam that as quickly as you want and still regain just under 2 mana per second.
55 LMC makes "Greater Heal" cost 5 mana. It heals 49-58 hp. If you spam that once per second, you'll lose 1 mana per second and can thus sustain GH spam for a number of seconds equal to your mana pool.

It's definitely viable. In situations that call for it, I usually spam heal at my pet until he needs a greater heal. The main hiccup will be your pet getting poisoned since that will stop all healing until cured.

I can't help you with the artifacts, but crafted/imbuable stuff works well enough.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 100lrc, 40lmc, 55 SDI, 45dci, 21 mana regen, all 70s resist with 84 physical (to counter protection spell). 2/6 casting and some intel bonus. All reforged parts and imbued jewels.
I take it then your tamer wears no luck ?

Also, the 55 SDI helps also Greater Heals ?

What artifacts do you use ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have the basics of it. Build your suit around FC, FCR, LMC, LRC and your luck. I'm not a big believer in how luck operates in this game, so I don't worry about it on my suits. I also build mine differently, incorporating DCI and a mage weapon to provide better protection for my tamer, especially where lots of mobs aggro on you at once. To each his own.
I run 55 LMC, MR6 studded suits (on Siege, so nothing too expensive) with focus. Bump that MR to 12 since you can use insurance, or 18 (item cap) with some fancier items, and you're fairly well off. If you can get a peace mastery full bard to use his regen mastery on you, you're sitting at 40 MR.

50+ LMC makes "Heal" cost 2 mana. It heals 13-15 hp. You can spam that as quickly as you want and still regain just under 2 mana per second.
55 LMC makes "Greater Heal" cost 5 mana. It heals 49-58 hp. If you spam that once per second, you'll lose 1 mana per second and can thus sustain GH spam for a number of seconds equal to your mana pool.

It's definitely viable. In situations that call for it, I usually spam heal at my pet until he needs a greater heal. The main hiccup will be your pet getting poisoned since that will stop all healing until cured.

I can't help you with the artifacts, but crafted/imbuable stuff works well enough.

Thanks for the good advice.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it then your tamer wears no luck ?

Also, the 55 SDI helps also Greater Heals ?

I didn't really aim for the SDI to be honest. Its just what was on some of the artifacts I used and then I imbued some on my jewels. I also hold a scrappers which has a nice bump to SDI, then when I'm fighting I switch to a slayer book.

I dont have any luck on my suit. I have made a luck suit (base parts) for my tamer but I've just not got round to imbuing it all yet. If I want to fight things like unbound vortex in shame I would much rather use a sampire and a luck suit as its so much faster to kill them. Tamer is slow.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arcane Empowerment does, if you feel like fitting that in.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From memory:

• Pendant of the Magi
  • 5x greater reforged leather parts with mage mods and high resists.
  • Ring: 10 SDI, +15 taming, FCR 3, 15 DCI
  • Brace: 10 SDI, +15 taming, FCR3, FC 1
  • Hephaestus shield
  • Cloak of silence (stealth tamer)
  • Corgul sash
  • Tangle
  • Cloak slot I can't remember

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you very much for the link, usefull informations though, on that suit there are a few things which I was wondering if they "could" be changed and how they would change the making of the suit both in terms of costs and also in terms of crafting....

I understand you suggest using metal to reduce the cost compared to using sewing runic kits, but that also comes with the sacrifice of a 5th property as the Mage Property needs to be used instead...

I was wondering how much more really a High Luck, High Mana and High Meditation Tamer's suit would cost if one was to use medable materials rather then metal to fully take advantage also of the 5th property...

Also, you do not suggest using the Bleue jewellery set from Clean Up Britannia (your total jewellery Luck is 350 while the Bleue set gives 400). How would the making of the set change if one was to use the Bleue set instead ? Would it be advisable as compared to using Compassio's Eye and crafted bracelet ?

Lastly, you prefer to use crafted tunic rather then the Armor of Fortune with a loss of 10 Luck (190 vs. 200 Luck). Is that because the Armor of Fortune's resistances suck ? Still, that artifact also has 40% LRC and 15% DCI which maybe can help raise resistances on other pieces ? Or it is not worth bothering for just 10 extra Luck points ?

Thanks again.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the armor of fortune, its really better having a crafted one than having the armor of fortune for just 10 luck, you gain more mods.

About the etoile set, you gain much more mods with compassion + crafted brac (you can even get a 100+ luck brac from shame loot)

Now my question about the 5th mod, what are you going to imbue ? you have mr, mi, lmc, luck and lrc, so ....
You can think about using hpi, but as a tamer (not in siege) if you need hpi, first you need to learn to play with a tamer :D (and that suit give you 110 hp already)

And about the DCI, its useless unless you have a skill that use it, and as a tamer you wont have it.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And about the DCI, its useless unless you have a skill that use it, and as a tamer you wont have it.
Sure you do, if you have magery and a spell channeling mage weapon. Then you have a weapon skill equal to your magery, and the DCI becomes quite useful. Try to think it through before making a blanket statement. Not everyone builds tamers quite the same way.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but for a tamer , usually dont use a weapon as that kind on a tamer, that was what i tried to say.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, all of my mage tamers, disco tamers, and weaver tamers wear spell channeling mage weapons. They can switch out for a spell book with two pushes of the key, but until wanted, they are always set up to maximize their defensive capabilities. It is extremely useful in any situation, but particularly spawns and where there are lots of mobs that can target the tamer as well as the pet. I don't build my tamers any other way, and I wouldn't change them either. Based on my play style, I've found this to provide the most livability, and flexibility, to those characters/templates.