• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion for a new mouse?

• Thread starter KnowYourEnemy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

KnowYourEnemy

Hi I was just wondering, what mouse does everyone here use?

My current logitech mouse isn't working too well and I'm looking to buy a new one, very interested in a wireless mouse. I don't suppose I need a fancy one as I mostly just surf the internet and play uo. What do you all suggest? my budget is $30-50 USD.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi KYE,

I like the Logitech cordless mice, the newer ones are great. Right now though I'm using the stock mouse that came with my PC. I'd like to get a nice gaming mouse.

Here are some $25 to $50 USD mice @ Newegg.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too like the new cordless logitech mice, I use the wheel for my button in Vent/TS

E

eolsunder

Sorry Logitech mice suck now, ever since they revamped the actual physical mouse design.

New Logitech mice are made for small hands. As a normal size guy, i bought one and its horrible. The mice are very long, not wide. Thus your palm doesn't fit on it well, very uncomfortable. For someone with small hands it might work, but normal hands its entirely uncomfortable.

Also, Logitech craft their mice with a new "one piece" case, the buttons aren't really buttons anymore, just "floating" pieces of the mouse casing. So when you click your button you are really just pushing down on a floating piece of the casing. Very sucky. Plus doesn't mesh well with the circuitry underneath.

I was vastly disappointed with my newer logitech mice i tried out, badly designed for larger hands, plus incredibly bad buttons. Often doubleclicking would do nothing unless you mashed down hard on the floating "buttons".

I switched to a cordless optical microsoft mouse. Its not perfect but it does the job and is much much more comfortable than the Logitech mice. Buttons work great, fitted for your palm very good. Not great tracking, but i did only get the basic one.

You can try the logitech, but if you just look at them you can see they are ver slim, and tall. Your palm isn't. The microsoft mouse fits EXACTLY into your palm and requires no stretching of fingers to push buttons or relax.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I was just wondering, what mouse does everyone here use?

My current logitech mouse isn't working too well and I'm looking to buy a new one, very interested in a wireless mouse. I don't suppose I need a fancy one as I mostly just surf the internet and play uo. What do you all suggest? my budget is $30-50 USD.
I will always suggest Logitech to any gamer. Logitech builds to withstand a lot of punishment. Their Optical and Laser mice (I prefer Optical, works on almost any surface and works superbly when using an optical mouse pad) are the best choices.

Sorry Logitech mice suck now, ever since they revamped the actual physical mouse design.

New Logitech mice are made for small hands. As a normal size guy, i bought one and its horrible. The mice are very long, not wide. Thus your palm doesn't fit on it well, very uncomfortable. For someone with small hands it might work, but normal hands its entirely uncomfortable.

Also, Logitech craft their mice with a new "one piece" case, the buttons aren't really buttons anymore, just "floating" pieces of the mouse casing. So when you click your button you are really just pushing down on a floating piece of the casing. Very sucky. Plus doesn't mesh well with the circuitry underneath.

I was vastly disappointed with my newer logitech mice i tried out, badly designed for larger hands, plus incredibly bad buttons. Often doubleclicking would do nothing unless you mashed down hard on the floating "buttons".

I switched to a cordless optical microsoft mouse. Its not perfect but it does the job and is much much more comfortable than the Logitech mice. Buttons work great, fitted for your palm very good. Not great tracking, but i did only get the basic one.

You can try the logitech, but if you just look at them you can see they are ver slim, and tall. Your palm isn't. The microsoft mouse fits EXACTLY into your palm and requires no stretching of fingers to push buttons or relax.
Hmm, I am sorry but I do not agree with you. It may be true that some stores do not carry very many different types of Logitect Mice, take Wal-Mart for example, they only has 2 different types last I looked.

Look here instead of stores, there are a TON of different styles, shapes, and contours to choose from.

Best of luck finding the right mouse for you! :)

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will always suggest Logitech to any gamer. Logitech builds to withstand a lot of punishment.
AMEN!! My Dog got a hold of my cordless Logitech the other day. Still works great. She missed the laser eye but killed the mouse wheel(still works). Also 10 buttons on a mouse is great for gaming. Don't know my model number but I know the discontinued it when bought it, got it for real cheap at Best Buy.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya!

My cats like to sleep on my keyboard when I am sleeping and I often find my mouse hidden in their cubby holes and cat mansion. They still work like new, although the keyboard had been going through batteries like mad cause of it... so, I've now been hiding them when not in use..

Can't understand how keys would be comfy..

*Orvago chuckles madley*

FYI, I have a Logitech Cordless Internet Pro Keyboard/Mouse, had it for about 1.5 years now and all it needs now and then is a good cleaning to get the cat hairs out. Before that, I had a corded Logitech set that withstood everything until one day, my mouse quit working, I died in game, hit the keyboard REAL hard and a key popped out.. Then looked at the mouse and seen Zoar chewing the cord... So.. now I'm cordless.