• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion: Branding a tamed pet...

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just a suggestion as i'm not a tamer in the game.. but based on the same principles of applying a makers mark to a piece of armor/weapon.. why not put in a button that adds a makers or branding mark to your tame. It would apply only to the original tamer and not necessary to the owner of the pet and would be added as a simple line within the animal lore menu.

example: This pet originally tamed/branded by: Lady Freedom

(it just seems to be a missing piece of the taming talent in the game. Also it might help add to those trying to sell their trained pets in magincia by adding their own trade name to them as a reliably trained pet for their customers.)

What do you guys think? (is this a worthy cause to tamers or not?)

-jill

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's a great idea, even just using it on your own pets, if you tame that brilliant pet then it's good to have your own name on it. After a pet has tried turning you to charcoal, it's good having your name on it.

I'd also ask for the last owner's name to be in the lore gump so a lost wild pet becomes easier to return.

Wenchy

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think it would be pretty cool. Sorta like when crafters put their mark on items. I sometimes keep stuff
with odd crafter names, like "an exceptional Dagger made by JAckThaRiPPeR" lol.
It would be fun to put your name on the pets as well.