• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggested Artie's Mage/Weaver tamer

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been planning out a suit and I'm starting to gather the mats to build it. In doing some research I see a lot of people suggest that you start with some artifacts that you want to use and then build your suit around that. I currently have some decent legendary arms and gloves that I am building around, but I was curious as to what artifacts would be suggested to include on a Mage/weaver tamer. I just returned a couple weeks ago and I'm not real up to date on what the current "in-style" Artie's are out there.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Library Talisman (+5 Taming, +5 Lore), Mark of Travesty (+10 Taming, +10 Lore), Crook of Humility (+10 Vet).

The tali is cheap and should be available. The Mark of Travesty is expensive and harder to find. The crook is available currently through the Doom Dungeon Halloween event which runs through November 8, 2015.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think before the artifacts, you want to give some thought about how you are planning to play. Being a tamer gives you a lot of freedom on what to have on the suit. Do you want to max luck? Or do you want to max the non-pet DPS you can produce? For luck you are best off reforging imbuing and enhancing. For the most part you will get better results than from arties. For DPS, search for SDI on UOGuide. It has a list of arties with SDI. Most of SDI clothing pieces have horrible resists, so dont go overboard or your resists will suffer. You can get up to 18% SDI on looted jewelry. If you plan to heal with magery or plan to use masteries - you want high mana regen and low mana cost. Here you best bet is a combination of looted pieces (up to 4 MR and 10% LMC per piece) and crafted items.
Keep in mind overall caps. SDI does not have one. Mana regen is effectively capped at 30. LMC is capped at 40% for clothing other than bone.