• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sudiva found a husband, the Sudiva Gate, and easter eggs!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Return to Britannia promotion has allowed me to revisit old characters and one of them happened to be logged out at the Lenmir Anfinmolas, that inaccessible beach in Ilshenar. So I poked around who did I find there, but Sudiva, the Ancient Red Wyrm who had been trapped in the depths of Covetous. If I recall correctly, wasn't there a story contest or a vote to see where she'd wind up? Anyway, I popped by to check on her and what did I find, but that she's found herself a mate!

Actually it is two Sudivas but for my fiction, I'm making the other her significant other. They are peaceful as can be enjoying the sunny beaches and pina coladas on the Lenmir!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Aww that is so awesome! I was wondering what she'd do there all by herself...seemed rather lonely :( I'm glad to see she's got company :) (I'll go with your fiction, and hope that it's not a glitch and maybe re-name the other one to SirDiva....wait that doesn't sound right..but something! :)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww that is so awesome! I was wondering what she'd do there all by herself...seemed rather lonely :( I'm glad to see she's got company :) (I'll go with your fiction, and hope that it's not a glitch and maybe re-name the other one to SirDiva....wait that doesn't sound right..but something! :)
It was funny because on Pacific, there were two Ancient Wyrms introduced during what I believe were Seer events at the time. There was the shadow evil ancient wyrm, Blight, and the golden Ancient Wyrm, Blaze. Whey the EM program began, we got EM Jyrra as our shard EM and he brought the two back for several of his events and storylines. Blaze used to reside in the oasis in the Lost Lands desert, but that got overrun by rogue ophidians led by the Red Ophidian Queen, Sernaska. At any rate, we had to find Blaze a new home and it was settled on Hidden Valley (I myself suggested the Lenmir.) For a time, we had a golden ancient wyrm wandering Hidden Valley, but sadly he got removed with much of the rest of the EM additions to the shard. When the Sudiva was released, I suggested she could go live in Hidden Valley with Blaze and they could have Ki Rin colored Ancient Wryms together but it seems she's done alright for herself. :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's nice your allowed to go there on your shard... On GL's the only time we are EVER allowed to visit is when the EM's see fit to open up a gate.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I remember a Dev Team member talking about how the Slasher of the Veils was the strongest thing in-game. They talked about pitting it against Scalis when High Seas was released, but I kind think Sudiva would demolish the Slasher.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, I remember a Dev Team member talking about how the Slasher of the Veils was the strongest thing in-game. They talked about pitting it against Scalis when High Seas was released, but I kind think Sudiva would demolish the Slasher.
She would... she's vicious. But we love her. I just wish we could visit her.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
She would... she's vicious. But we love her. I just wish we could visit her.
The Oracle Sudiva, could be just like the Riftwar books, no?
an Oracle in the body of a dragon we could stop by and visit to get sage advice or seeings divined from the future.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Oracle Sudiva, could be just like the Riftwar books, no?
an Oracle in the body of a dragon we could stop by and visit to get sage advice or seeings divined from the future.
I wish I could.... On some shards you can visit her.. but on GL's it's by invitation from EM's ONLY. Mesanna had said she'd make a way to go to that beach and see Sudiva on every shard... but it seems to me that they have something serious against GL's because there is NO way to get to that beach unless the EM's open a gate to there.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I could.... On some shards you can visit her.. but on GL's it's by invitation from EM's ONLY. Mesanna had said she'd make a way to go to that beach and see Sudiva on every shard... but it seems to me that they have something serious against GL's because there is NO way to get to that beach unless the EM's open a gate to there.
Cheesy Peaks as well. We will have to form a "I miss Sudiva" support group.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems strange having sudiva on a beach u cant get too....the biggest powerful but freindly dragon in the game

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't get there on Pacific either. It just so happened I had a character logged out there on an RTB account. There used to be an EM Gate which required a password, but that got removed when they went through and cleaned up a lot of the old EM modifications to the shard. Rather sad, in my opinion. They removed some of the wedding lanterns that commemorated old player weddings too. :(

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you mark a rune there? If so then i would imagine the runes could be then mass produced and brought to other shards. I'm guessing though you can't, but wortha try.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you mark a rune there? If so then i would imagine the runes could be then mass produced and brought to other shards. I'm guessing though you can't, but wortha try.
No, you can't mark in Ilshenar.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Which isn't fun because only a portion of the shards I've visited were set up so you could get there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which isn't fun because only a portion of the shards I've visited were set up so you could get there.
Yes and as I stated when it was agreed that she would go there Mesanna had posted that it would become accessable for everyone.... Yet that's never happened... rather like the promise that when they destroyed the tunnel on GL's that used to go from the moongate at Brit to Britain they promised that they would give us a moongate at Brit bank to "make up for it"..... also NEVER happened. Later when asked we were told that it "wasn't in the original submitted bank design." so therefore we don't get one..... despite the promise that was made when they destroyed Sparky's home..... Now poor sparky sits outside the zoo in moonglow no longer able to sit in his little cave now he sits all exposed to the elements.... Poor Sparky... :sad3:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guess what? I had a character run to Ilshenar today, Compassion gate and I happened to see a red dragon statue there right by the shrine on a marble pedestal. Clicking it teleports me to Sudiva. This is on Pacific shard. Anyone else have this on other shards?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
http://i58.***********/snkmqo.png

Yeppers, we got one on Origin..there are some leftovers here...not sure what it was from..Easter I think....it's very bizarre

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guess what? I had a character run to Ilshenar today, Compassion gate and I happened to see a red dragon statue there right by the shrine on a marble pedestal. Clicking it teleports me to Sudiva. This is on Pacific shard. Anyone else have this on other shards?
statue on Legends also - thanks Devs - also the book and memorial stone for the battle against the Ultimate Harrower remain on the beach, very good to see that again

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeppers, we got one on Origin..there are some leftovers here...not sure what it was from..Easter I think....it's very bizarre
We got a few leftovers too from some pretty old EM Events. There was also a former EM Event teleporter there by the water bowl which is now disabled.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, do the other shards have two Sudivas or just a single one?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just Sudiva on Legends, no partner or offspring ;) and the golden gate is still there by the hammock that takes you to the corral at the gypsy camp along with a circle of shells surrounding a blue sparkle at the west end of the beach that takes you to the bridge just north of the spider cave

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This got me to thinking, this wasn't announced, we just happened to be discussing it and all of a sudden I find a Sudiva gate. No announcement, just a bit of an unexpected easter egg. How would the player base feel about more unannounced easter eggs, unannounced little things for the players to find out in the wide world of the Ultimas. And when one gets found, another could be added somewhere else. I was exploring the mountains north of Zento last night for a story I was working on and I was struck by all those narrow valleys which dead end in the mountains. Some of them are quite long and I thought it would be cool to find something at the end of one of those. There are all sorts of places like that in UO it is always exciting to stumble on something unexpected in the lonely, less visited places of the world.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is this gate supposed to be? I've never been over there and I'm curious if it's fixed on my shard.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
http://i61.***********/6yytfc.png

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its on europa too... wow still learning every day in this game... there are 2 sudivas on europa too

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just want to say thanks to Victor... I went out there and there's no way back without a rune or the Help menu. Good newbie troll.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just want to say thanks to Victor... I went out there and there's no way back without a rune or the Help menu. Good newbie troll.
There is a sparkle you can walk through way up on the north end of the beach.