• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Succubus's and Honor and Bard/Mage

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Here's my situation. I want to take my Bard/Mage and kill Succubus's to get Knight of Honor. Here's what she's taking with her:

120 Magery
115 Eval
115 Meditate
120 Peace
115 Music
120 Discord
100 Hiding

She just completed "Follower" of Honor by Peace/Discord/EV's. I've done Knight on a Bushido/Swordsman on another account, so I've been able to compare "gains" between the 2 methods. I can see that continuing her using EV's will take a long time to get to Knight (last night she killed probably 35 Suc's and didn't gain a single dot in this last phase).

Here's what I'm thinking:

I'll forego using EV's and kill her with direct spells (thinking Poison/MindBlast). What I'm wondering is whether or not she is "penalized" in Honor gains if she continues to use Peace/Discord?

I've gathered together a pretty nice suit/jewels so she'll have:
85% SDI
70ish resists (75 Physical, 70 Energy at least)
7 MR
8 MI
100% LRC
8 DCI
1 FC/ 4 FCR
18% LMC

Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions/feedback any of you might have...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if im not misaken dont the sucs need to target you first at the high end to get the points?

i didnt even know it was possible to use summons or a mage for that matter to get to knight.

like you ive dont it on my melee toons a couple times with ease.

sorry i cant help ya.
but definatlly let us know what you find for results.

hmmm..... what about casting inspire and having some Vollems or something?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Poo, thx for your thoughts guy...

Poo said:
if im not misaken dont the sucs need to target you first at the high end to get the points?
Very interesting, and the first time I've heard that (but it doesn't suprise me - in fact, NOTHING regarding gaining in this virtue suprises me).

i didnt even know it was possible to use summons or a mage for that matter to get to knight.
I did it on my Bard, but it takes a TON of Suc's for the final run.

sorry i cant help ya.
but definatlly let us know what you find for results.
hmmm..... what about casting inspire and having some Vollems or something?
I hadn't even thought of that, but then - I tend to not keep up with everything gamewise... Which is, of course, why I'm here (tappin the brains that hang here). But then, aren't Vollems considered the same as pets or summons - ie. YOU aren't doing most of the damage?

I know tamers can get Knight using pets, but from what I've read the gains between Follower and Knight are really, really slow - like the EV's I've been using.

I'll let you guys know about gains this way... Mostly wondering about Peace/Discord - if it somehow "subtracts" from Honor gains...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers that use pets and mages that cast summons gain honor at half the rate of melee chars. If you use poison the gains are even less. I thought I've read that peacing them also reduces the rate, but I don't know about disco. They are also weak against energy so try ebolts.

For max honor gains:

Honorable combat is defined as:

Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
Engaging in one-on-one combat.
Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
Avoiding the use of poison.
UO Stratics - The Virtue of Honor

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
good find bro

i looked for like a hour on the warrior forum and FAQ for that and never thought to look on the stratics main page.

nicelly done.

and..... oh look!

i was right!

ya have to let them damage you first!
damn im good!
(dosnt often happen that im right, so i have to gloat when i can)

*does the happy to be right dance*
:party:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good find bro

i looked for like a hour on the warrior forum and FAQ for that and never thought to look on the stratics main page.

nicelly done.

and..... oh look!

i was right!

ya have to let them damage you first!
damn im good!
(dosnt often happen that im right, so i have to gloat when i can)

*does the happy to be right dance*
:party:
First let me say that you guys have probably forgotten more than I'll ever learn, but the Stratics description of how Honor works is not completely true. I have gotton LOTS of Honor gains simply by Honoring mobs 1st and then attacking. Perhaps the Honor gain would be MORE if I allowed the mob the 1st hit, but Honor CAN be gained even if you hit 1st...

Just sayin....

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First let me say that you guys have probably forgotten more than I'll ever learn, but the Stratics description of how Honor works is not completely true. I have gotton LOTS of Honor gains simply by Honoring mobs 1st and then attacking. Perhaps the Honor gain would be MORE if I allowed the mob the 1st hit, but Honor CAN be gained even if you hit 1st...

Just sayin....
You will still gain honor by hitting it first, the way Stratics and the UO website has it listed, it is for gaining the max amount of honor. Striking first, then casting EV's, hitting it with poison, and then running around like Spongebob, will still gain you honor but it will probably take forever to get to knight...if at all.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
at the very highest end you need to let them agro on your first.
if you dont you dont get any honor points for it.

i sat there one night killing suc's and didnt gain at all.
then i went and got info, went back and let them agro on me and i got the last 5 jewels in like 20 minutes.

so for the ultra high end you definatlly need to let them agro first.

and your right, for low end you can just jump them.
i do it all the time.
but it does lessen your honor.

but once your maxed out there is no need to wait anymore, haha