• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Subjugation

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've started taming Greater Dragons, and I found a nice one at 3.8. After taming, it gave me the "subjugation" message and dropped its rating to 3.6.

I didn't paralyze it. I only use invis and heal and cure spells on myself. (come to think of it, I probably used area peace a couple of times).

Why did I get the "subjugation" message?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are only four Creatures in the game that require subjugation. The three Beatle variety and ice worm. I'd say the subjugation message was a fluke or a bug. Now your greater dragon lost skills and stats when you tamed it. That's why it dropped to a 3.6. After you get it fully trained its pet power calculator rating should go back up some.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've gotten the "subjugation" message about lost stats on 2 of the last 3 greater dragons. Having the 3.8 drop to a 3.6 was disappointing, hence I was trying to find out what caused it. But 2 of 3 doesn't sound like a fluke.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All stats are cut by 50% and all skills except magery are cut by 28% when tamed.

The only other thing I can think of is make a tamer on test center. See if you get the same message. There is a chance your character is bugged.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I did a little more experimenting last night, taming 4 greater dragons. My strategy was to hunt the GD withmy dragon turtle hatchling, then lore the dragon to see if it was worth keeping. If so, recall away, stable theturtle, tame to GD.

both times I did this, I got the "subjugation" message, and both times I tamed a fresh 100% no damage GD without beating it up, I didnt get the message.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I did a little more experimenting last night, taming 4 greater dragons. My strategy was to hunt the GD withmy dragon turtle hatchling, then lore the dragon to see if it was worth keeping. If so, recall away, stable theturtle, tame to GD.

both times I did this, I got the "subjugation" message, and both times I tamed a fresh 100% no damage GD without beating it up, I didnt get the message.
What message are you calling the Subjugation message? Subjugation message to me means you have to get the pet to a certain level of health before taming. I've tested Greater Dragons, Bake Kitsunes, and Rune Beetles. They all have the same stat/skill loss regardless of method taming. Be that honor, paralyze, peace, beating them up, or full health.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'll see if I can get a screenshot next time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Iirc, you get a message that the creature gets weakened from it's natural state after you tame them, since subjugated it. That only applies to Greater Dragons and turtle hatchlings.
This has nothing to do with the "you beat the creature to subjugation" message that you get on the beetles.