• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Dragon Hunt

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We gathered in New Haven. A hunting party was forming. Warriors seeking people with great pets, tamers seeking mages. Everyone looking for the slightest edge. We where going to the depths of the Abyss to fight the Stygian Dragon.

As we formed up in New Haven, each looking at the others for strength, we talked jovialy of the fight ahead. Once on our way tho, the seriousness of the battle ahead muted our conversations. We only wanted to hurry there to gain access to the Lair of the Stygian Dragon.

Our leaders this nite, Lord Neo [DWxC] and Malia, got the party there with no problems and keyed access to the Lair. Once inside we took posistions and waited, Faith Redstar *V* stood aside with her bow ready, Lord Merlock [DWxC] with his pet stood at the top of the Lair, while Hudson [DWxC], Paradox [DWxC], Phoenix [DWxC] and NANOC [DWxC] took posistion they hoped would be of help.

What a sight as this magnificent Dragon showed itself to us. I was taken aback at the shear size of this creature. In an instant all the party members invoked spells of power and magery and just as fast we where in a fight for our lives as this powerful Dragon enleashed a breath of fire that stopped most of us in our tracks. This Dragon is unwavering in its resolve to live. With fire and brimstone he hurled at us time and time again, we died, got rezzed and died again. We hacked, slashed, shot arrows and sent the pets in to help us fight. We could damage him but then he would call out and firey brimstone would fall from the sky and anyone caught in this would perish. We found some help in the teleporters to different levels of his Lair, but he would fly up and find us.
We fought for quite sometime and finally felled this mighty beast.
We gathered at the DWxC community Center and put the Dragons head on a pedistal for all to see.

An excellent ending to a harrowing night! Congradulations to all!

Attachments

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Nice work. Thats the first head I have seen in game on display. Very nice trophy.

G

Gowron

Nice work. Thats the first head I have seen in game on display. Very nice trophy.
There's one on display at the Ottersrun Taphouse as well. Congratulations go out to the fine nobility of warriors, mages, and tamers who through great valor and dilligence fell such a mighty beast.

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah nice try G, AWESOME WORK! That ones a tough bessy aint she! great account of the night too!

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that one is the nastiest thing ive ever fought .. I now officially hate something more than that damn proxy .. *shivers*