• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

L

Legacyee

I am three times more stupid than the average player

Stupid once: I don't insure my belongings, I been in the game for a few years but very rarely PVP and being a master coward rarely fight something that will kill me so I don't bother with insurance..

Stupid twice: I don't have much to do with the current chain of events because I am not a great fighter, in fact sometimes I forget about the invasion and stay in my house doing BODs or mining in some out of the way place.....

Stupid thrice: I don't often think before I act, I will just recall to a spot on impulse

All this must change because last night with all my hard earned uninsured items, I recalled in to Yew to have a look around Heartwood....right into the hoard of invading monsters....not very clever, before I could swear I was dead and with no chance of getting my armour and weapons back.

Still it taught me a lesson, stop buying stuff I don't want to lose, I know you are saying get insurance but I don't play for gold so i don't have much (less than a million after 5 or more years) but I should try and get more so i can afford it.

so that is me, just call me Stupid
afer all that I did laugh:)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww. These things happends. I ran into Moonglow last week too. All seems ok. No invasion to see . But then i saw the message i was frozen. Crimson dragon appeared and killed me in one smack. Crafters with no armor don't last long. ;)

C

CatLord

I went to Yew and got wacked... so you are not alone.

Humans have an infinite amount of stupidity! ... and I have my own share!

Lets me know if I can help you replace anything...

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be so hard on your'e self, it's only a game after all :)
And by all means you are not stupid, i normally don't insure the gear im wearing on my trammie toons either. If i loose their spinned armor suit then its no big deal really. I just make a new suit in no time.

L

Legacyee

Thanks for your offer Catlord :) but I am not too worried about losing stuff, I don't play for gold or items, just for the fun and escapism, so like I said at the end I laughed at my stupid mistake, and no doubt I shall make a few more silly mistakes before long (it's part of the game and it stop's me getting bored)

But if anyone sees a Demon wearing my snake skin boots hit him for me :)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged through the chars to collect gifts.
One was sitting in the inn in Brit East. Logged in with his backpack full of the gifts of at least 6 years, maybe more - beginning with his practice weapon sword and nothing than his newbie clothes on.
Outside of the inn - Crimson Dragon. Fine - I am inside, he outside, so time to look at the art of the beast.
But ... the beast did walk the shortest way to the door, opened it and bite me for 190 damage with one hit before I even could think about "run".
Although I could recover all my stuff - can you imagine the clutter of all the blessed items in the main level of backpack?

L

Legacyee

I think we all get caught at some time or other
But I also would stop to look at the crimson dragon, it does look very good