Stupid Noob Question

• Thread starter imported_hungry4knowhow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_hungry4knowhow

Hey, havent played in years but was wondering does eating still help with skill gain and success chances?

G

It shouldn't. The devs did a deep dive into the code last year and were confident that there were no hidden modifiers (and may well never have been) to justify the mythology of food helping gains.

( welcome back ... don't mind me, I'm a recent addition to the land
)

G

It has always been stated eating never did anything to aid in skill and success gains

D

Deadly Shadow

Stupid Noob Question? In reality there is no Stupid Noob Questions. Players that have been playing all along and absorb all the new ways of doing things to make your life easier have it over the new person, whether they are just beginning the game or have just taken time off. Our game changes so much that when you do not play for a while it is like missing a time from Algebra you become lost. Never think of a question as silly, even if it does sound silly to you, it might be a reasonable request from someone that has forgotten or never knew. That is why we are Legends, to show the new people just how wonderful this game can be.

M

Maximinus Thrax

Ive played this game for 3 years and I'm still a giant noob.

It's part of why UO is so fun to play.

I

imported_hungry4knowhow

another question, Ive got a dog i walk around with in game, can i train his skills up and stuff?

I

imported_blesh

you can train dogs or any pets skills simply by fighting it
some people use shadow elementals as the dog can not not kill it and will prettymuch keep itself healed. they have to be mined up though. once you hit 90 healing you have to either kill rotting corpses or discord the pet while training.

hope that helps

**edit** OORRRR if you mean a regular doggie, not a cu sidhe, same thing applys but it wont keep itself healed. you could kill bunnies and pigs and stuff, and work your way up to like gaman. I have a fully trained squirrel
its deff possible. takes awhile tho

G

<blockquote><hr>

Stupid Noob Question? In reality there is no Stupid Noob Questions. Players that have been playing all along and absorb all the new ways of doing things to make your life easier have it over the new person, whether they are just beginning the game or have just taken time off. Our game changes so much that when you do not play for a while it is like missing a time from Algebra you become lost. Never think of a question as silly, even if it does sound silly to you, it might be a reasonable request from someone that has forgotten or never knew. That is why we are Legends, to show the new people just how wonderful this game can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why we love Lady Phoenix.

LADY PHOENIX FOR PRESIDENT OF LEGENDS!!!

I

imported_hungry4knowhow

yeah i meant a regular dog, and thanks for the help everyone.