• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid Arch Walls!

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it still possible to make an item fall to the ground underneath your character? If so, how do you accomplish this?

I am trying to place a chest in a corner but it refuses to go.
Basically I am trying to place it on a tile that has an arch wall.
I am able to walk through it but I can't drop any items on the tile.

If I remove the wall, place the item, and place the arch wall back the item goes in my moving crate :(

I was hoping there was some sort of trick to get the item to stay.

Am I out of luck?

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried old trusty (the crate trick?) If you can't get the crate there, I have done a variation in the past using a garbage can in lieu of the crate. Be careful with that one, though - bad timing can cause you a lot of grief!

If those don't work, there is one "last resort" method I have used in the past but I'm not sure if it works any more. It's also time consuming and tricky, so try the crate trick first and let me know if it doesn't work. :)

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kri, you are a genius! :)
Thank you SO much!

I wasn't able to put a crate down (I was unable to put anything down in that spot) but I was able to place the trash barrel!

So I placed the trash barrel, put the chest inside (empty of course...hehe), and axed the trash barrel.
The chest fell on the floor and is exactly where I want it!

Thank you so much for the tip! :)

I'd buy you a :pint: if I could! :)

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad it worked for you! The trash barrel has helped me out a few times. I'll go have a :pint: in your honor... ;)

B

BoneDaddy

You can also use a bag. Put whatever you want inside it. Stand where you want. Then axe the bag.

Not quite sure why you can axe bags...