• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stuck Building

G

Granjell

Well - this was a first. I was in a 3 story cash building in Minnie's Melodyland with three other toons. When we finished dancing, of course it was Nutty River, so there was some delay opening the doors, no big deal, right? WRONG! The invasion ended and we were still Waiting for Other Players.... Only three of us were speedchatting, so I figure one toon is stuck and will soon disco, right? WRONG! Another invasion comes and goes and we're trying all our emotes and speedchat phrases, and a nice dog on the street tries to tp to us and other tricks, but no luck. One toon gives up and goes away, and I think, that'll unstick the rest of us.... WRONG! Another invasion comes and goes and the other toon still stuck with me is saying Wait! and Don't Chicken Out! So, finally I say Sorry! and I need to go. and x out.

Question - is there any other way out of a stuck building besides disconnecting? How long would you wait before giving up and logging off?

F

Fangs McWolf

Well - this was a first. I was in a 3 story cash building in Minnie's Melodyland with three other toons. When we finished dancing, of course it was Nutty River, so there was some delay opening the doors, no big deal, right? WRONG! The invasion ended and we were still Waiting for Other Players.... Only three of us were speedchatting, so I figure one toon is stuck and will soon disco, right? WRONG! Another invasion comes and goes and we're trying all our emotes and speedchat phrases, and a nice dog on the street tries to tp to us and other tricks, but no luck. One toon gives up and goes away, and I think, that'll unstick the rest of us.... WRONG! Another invasion comes and goes and the other toon still stuck with me is saying Wait! and Don't Chicken Out! So, finally I say Sorry! and I need to go. and x out.

Question - is there any other way out of a stuck building besides disconnecting? How long would you wait before giving up and logging off?
I had that happen to me one time, long ago, in a district far away... Before Law HQ came out even! I gave up and DC'd, then got back on and checked and the building was a shop again. Once you start dancing, you get all your credits (gag points, etc), so it's safe to bail out and return.

S

SSniffleslam

This is a "bug" that sometimes occurs in a couple of ways: One is where a toon exits before the building is done (like on floor 2 of a 3 or whatever) or lets the timer run out and doesn't board the elevator. So after you all dance, the "game" is still waiting for that other player and you're stuck in the building. Another is where a toon is on the last level of the building but gets discoed (either of their own doing or because of the game). The first case, the doors will eventually open - but it may be a while. The longest I've waited is about 15 mins. The second case, I have no idea how long it may last because I've logged back on and went back to that district and the building is still a building and there's still a message on my screen "Waiting for other players..." It's kinda weird. (This is also the case when you see a building with no lights on any of the levels and the doors are still closed.)

G

Granjell

I think it was the second case, because we were all present through the top floor, and it was only in the elevator I noticed one toon not using speedchat at all. I couldn't get back into Nutty River to check the building to see if it was a shop or not, so hopefully everyone logged off and got out of it.

S

Stubby

That has happened to me two or three times. We would did all the stuff like Marge tried. After about 15 minutes one of the toons said good bye and then another one said goodbye, After another 10 minutes the elevator finally opened and we jumped of and just stood there shrugging at each other. It was crazy. That was the longest one, the rest were more like 5 or so minutes.:gun:

S

susan4633

I had that happen to me one time, long ago, in a district far away... Before Law HQ came out even! I gave up and DC'd, then got back on and checked and the building was a shop again. Once you start dancing, you get all your credits (gag points, etc), so it's safe to bail out and return.
wolfie you are right about getting credits for gags etc, but if you bail you lose the building credit. my friends and i were stuck in mm in a bld, after about 10 minutes, we bailed, and when checking our building tally, we noticed we didn't get credit for the building. in dreamland we did another one, and although 1 toon bailed, we waited it out, after a VERY long time it did finally open, but in the time it took, we probably could have done another 5 story.

G

Granjell

Actually I did get credit for the building even though I bailed. It was my 3rd of 3, so I would definitely have been more upset about the whole deal.

F

Fangs McWolf

wolfie you are right about getting credits for gags etc, but if you bail you lose the building credit. my friends and i were stuck in mm in a bld, after about 10 minutes, we bailed, and when checking our building tally, we noticed we didn't get credit for the building.
Actually I did get credit for the building even though I bailed. It was my 3rd of 3, so I would definitely have been more upset about the whole deal.
We should just ask YoungUn. She once had a task to do 400 (2+ story) buildings. Poor Trish was dragged along for almost all of them too. Mind you, it wasn't forced on her, she actually chose that task. I think the reward was having a reservation at the nuthouse. Of course, due to that task, she's now a cog building inspector...

Y

YoungUn

We should just ask YoungUn. She once had a task to do 400 (2+ story) buildings. Poor Trish was dragged along for almost all of them too. Mind you, it wasn't forced on her, she actually chose that task. I think the reward was having a reservation at the nuthouse. Of course, due to that task, she's now a cog building inspector...
I didn't get stuck in any buildings during that task believe it or not, did almost all of them with Trishy and a couple by myself. That was a lot of buildings!
I have got stuck in buildings, but never while I've had a buildings task.
And I won't be taking that task again. Probly.

F

Fangs McWolf

I didn't get stuck in any buildings during that task believe it or not, did almost all of them with Trishy and a couple by myself. That was a lot of buildings!
I have got stuck in buildings, but never while I've had a buildings task.
And I won't be taking that task again. Probly.
Probably??? *calls insane asylum to warn them of your possible relapse*

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah and we did them together with rarely anyone else joining. Our hardware ain't Alienware but it's not shabby. I used to get stuck in buildings with Penny (Sister Sings) before she finally replaced her dinosaur computer. Same with Eric (Sheriff Tricky). The only time I had troubles like that was when I tried to play from my mom's (slowest.dialup.ever).

C

CooperColeman

I too, took that task. And I would probably still be working on it without help from the fine folks at Stratics. But I never encountered any strangeness like that. Spooky.