• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics: The "unvarnished" events of the past few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The business structure makes more sense now. LOL kind of rare now days to see a LLC actually being used correctly. This one I relate to the C corp owns 2 S corps a 501c3, a State Reg. Non Profit and 3 DBAs and there is always someone that sees the C corp that holds the rest and reads more into and can't understand that multiple structures can be held under the roof of one master structure. But yet be independent of the master structure. You would be a fool not to have layers of protection in place and not expose your personal assets to litigation in todays world. The rules and laws that regulate how a for profit corporation can own a non profit or 501c are pretty strict. So I really can't see where the Bogeyman is here other than in the camp. a LLC and a Non Profit are mentioned. Personally I would not have mentioned the LLC at all. That is just my personal interest in looking at other folks structures and the asking my self I wonder why they did that sort of thing. Kind of fun being a small farmer with crap on the boots and the President of a very wealthy corporation. Am lying when I say I am small farmers that makes less than $35,000 per year from the farm or being deceptive? Am I obligated to divulge to the direct customers my other salaries from the Corporations, DBAs and Not for profits? The answer to both is no. Neither is Elenni. The issue at hand is Stratics not the holding LLC.

This is just speculation and observation. Looks to me like JC is taking an opportunity to exploit a unfortunate situation to increase traffic to his personal financial interest by having minions fan the public flames, to increase and improve his standing. Again just speculation and observing how this continues to unfold. If I were in this situation I would instruct my staff to keep a low key until it fizzled out a bit and the kick the competitor as hard I could in the nuts with everything I have and from multiple fronts and would not stop until the offending competitors company was my next subsidiary. And that is nothing personal against JC but there is obviously more going on here and there is some prize at stake. And a whole lot of people are being manipulated quite intentionally by a handful of minions who it would seem are being manipulated themselves. I am actually having quite a bit of fun figuring out who the tools are and who the mechanics are and having ZERO vested interest or risk in the game :)

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The business structure makes more sense now. LOL kind of rare now days to see a LLC actually being used correctly. This one I relate to the C corp owns 2 S corps a 501c3, a State Reg. Non Profit and 3 DBAs and there is always someone that sees the C corp that holds the rest and reads more into and can't understand that multiple structures can be held under the roof of one master structure. But yet be independent of the master structure. You would be a fool not to have layers of protection in place and not expose your personal assets to litigation in todays world. The rules and laws that regulate how a for profit corporation can own a non profit or 501c are pretty strict. So I really can't see where the Bogeyman is here other than in the camp. a LLC and a Non Profit are mentioned. Personally I would not have mentioned the LLC at all. That is just my personal interest in looking at other folks structures and the asking my self I wonder why they did that sort of thing. Kind of fun being a small farmer with crap on the boots and the President of a very wealthy corporation. Am lying when I say I am small farmers that makes less than $35,000 per year from the farm or being deceptive? Am I obligated to divulge to the direct customers my other salaries from the Corporations, DBAs and Not for profits? The answer to both is no. Neither is Elenni. The issue at hand is Stratics not the holding LLC.

This is just speculation and observation. Looks to me like JC is taking an opportunity to exploit a unfortunate situation to increase traffic to his personal financial interest by having minions fan the public flames, to increase and improve his standing. Again just speculation and observing how this continues to unfold. If I were in this situation I would instruct my staff to keep a low key until it fizzled out a bit and the kick the competitor as hard I could in the nuts with everything I have and from multiple fronts and would not stop until the offending competitors company was my next subsidiary. And that is nothing personal against JC but there is obviously more going on here and there is some prize at stake. And a whole lot of people are being manipulated quite intentionally by a handful of minions who it would seem are being manipulated themselves. I am actually having quite a bit of fun figuring out who the tools are and who the mechanics are and having ZERO vested interest or risk in the game :)
Interesting take on it. So you really think that this whole thing is somehow organized at some level? To me this is the definition of chaos. You must have a very conspiratorial mindset (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting take on it. So you really think that this whole thing is somehow organized at some level? To me this is the definition of chaos. You must have a very conspiratorial mindset (not that there is anything wrong with that).
Nope don't think any of it was organized initially. I do see organization in the aftermath and taking advantage of an opportunity.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The board made a mistake, I think the board would agree with that :) That mistake was amplified with the leak. Then unintentionally amplified with the bans. Then as anyone would do in this situation the board did triage damage control. The right or wrong way, will remain a mystery as none of us sat in that board room, and those that did are under no obligation to enlighten us. So that leaves speculation which is human nature. That opened a window of opportunity to create chaos on the surface by manipulating public emotions and pressing a perceived advantage. Personally if I were running stratics would leave that window open and dropped enough rope out to let the problems hang themselves fully exposed and then reinstated the bans and expanded them once a majority of the tools exposed themselves and been rid of a whole bunch on PITAs in one swoop using their own words. Again nothing more than speculation from what I am observing in a limited information environment. I am not on either side here and don't have any horses in this race beyond being just another stratics poster.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
If I only got a penny each time Kirthag tells us shes a big deal :D
She is the Real deal not a Big Deal known her for over a decade. When she steps up for a community in game there are few that compare

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oooo I bet that really hurts her feelings, what a Zinger!
Lol, its not to hurt anybody. I just find it funny when people always tell how important they are. Like they have to tell everybody up front to make their post more credibil *shrugs*

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, its not to hurt anybody. I just find it funny when people always tell how important they are.
She did not say anything that was not accurate and whether you like it or not she a Personality here.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She did not say anything that was not accurate and whether you like it or not she a Personality here.
Yea whatever. And whether you like it or not, I just made a remark based on a opublic post :D Send me a PM if there is more you want to tell me.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zosimus
If stratics and UO where the same company I would have left a decade ago.
What you did was rash

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ultima Online Forums nah we aren't stuck, there are options if needed
Thanks. As the main Admin, I try not to openly promote UOForums here out of good will, but I will say it's always an option. Hell. I post on more than just there - so I mean I invite folks to post things at both places.

Without Dev support I doubt any other forum would be able to get people to switch, no matter how badly its being run.
It's a possibility, but you never know.

I do think people still need to step back and take a breather a bit. Mistakes were made. Mistakes were learned from. Hopefully they won't be made again. We don't have to like that they were made. We don't have to put our trust in them that it won't happen again, but in order for the community to start healing, we do have to get over it and move on. Otherwise, if you can't get over it and move on, I think you're wasting your breath to keep repeating the same song and dance over to a horse that won't drink water. And that goes for both staff and community.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. As the main Admin, I try not to openly promote UOForums here out of good will, but I will say it's always an option. Hell. I post on more than just there - so I mean I invite folks to post things at both places.

It's a possibility, but you never know.

I do think people still need to step back and take a breather a bit. Mistakes were made. Mistakes were learned from. Hopefully they won't be made again. We don't have to like that they were made. We don't have to put our trust in them that it won't happen again, but in order for the community to start healing, we do have to get over it and move on. Otherwise, if you can't get over it and move on, I think you're wasting your breath to keep repeating the same song and dance over to a horse that won't drink water. And that goes for both staff and community.
Can you point to any post by the admin that they made any kind of mistake?

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Now that everyone has had a few days to express their thoughts and opinions, along with a few constructive ideas on where to go from here, we feel it's time to lay this topic to rest and move along.

On our part, we have made our apologies and laid out the events as they actually happened. We understand that some of you have your own perceptions which may differ from those events. As @Kayhynn has noted, repeating and responding to them over and over simply isn't going to get us any further traction. In the end you will have to make your own judgement and determine whether you wish to continue to be a part of Stratics or not. We hope it's the former, but if not, we wish you well in your future journeys.

One of the takeaways of this situation for us: as of Tuesday next week, we will be implementing a new, simplified moderation and warning system for these boards, with a strict process for applying it more consistently in future. Because the points system will be more streamlined and less open to interpretation, we feel this will result in a process which will be both less discretionary as well as easier for moderators and users to understand. Expect to see some documentation posted on this system before it goes into effect. As part of that change, we will be wiping all existing points from the previous system. Bans and suspensions that are in effect during the changeover will remain in place.

We hope this opportunity to let you discuss this at length has helped, at least a little. On our part, we will continue to strive for a better sense of community and understanding, which we hope over time will help heal any remaining wounds that resulted from this unfortunate series of events.

The Stratics Board and Senior Staff
April 23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.