• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics: The "unvarnished" events of the past few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can understand your point of view. However, it's a stretch to get there based on what he actually said. Would you agree that some could interpret it the way I describe, especially when that same person has a prior history of similar actions? It's rather like someone asking if it's ok to bring guns to the 20th anniversary party. Some might choose to view it as an honest and legitimate question. Others, based on prior statements by that same person, might choose to view it as a veiled threat. I can understand both interpretations, but this is where the self-moderation I earlier recommended comes into play. Before someone makes that "sarcastic knock" or asks that "honest question", most people would first choose to consider how others might misinterpret their words, and perhaps decide that that sarcasm or question might not be in good taste to post.

Can you at least see that the mods here might view it in the way I describe? If so, you have to thus admit that it was justified for them to be concerned, and therefore, that there was valid reason for them to include that comment along side all other prior actions by that same individual.
And you refuse to see that there are a lot of people questioning Dictator Lexus and his Witch Hunt to permaband people here on Stratics and the owner of Stratics not being an ADULT and talking to JC about this to try and come to an understanding. What JC did may/may not be nice but Stratics trying to justify Dictator Lexus and his personal Witch Hunt and allowing others to fall on honorable swords is beyond all reason. Your house is filthy and should be scrubbed clean.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just removed my billing on the last 5 accounts I had that held all the greatest valuables and close to a billion in gold. Put everything on the chars and deleted them including some very rare rares. Nice gold sink imo. That's 600 bucks a year in savings on a game I hadn't touched in ages. Ill donate that money to a homeless shelter for better use.

In truth I haven't touched them in years but always had them paid to support UO. I always hoped the game would change direction into a better UO but I now see what the true issue is. This issue going on now pretty well sums it up.

Stratics is suppose to represent the community. Be that bridge between the developers and the voice of the community. Good or bad the developers need to hear any players concern. I can speak for myself that I am not perfect. I can be very judgmental on the developers. I don't go and say they suck. I may not like some of them as a developer but I respect them. It's their job and they cant make everyone happy. I know I don't complain on Stratics about how EA owns the game and piss on them for being EA and how they ruined UO. I understand complaining on Stratics doesn't even reaches EA ears. Even though you have volunteers that do this constantly that have a titles that even BS can see. Here is some advice if a person wants to volunteer for Stratics make sure you use a different name when you want to talk crap on devs, game or EA. Why? Well you don't want to make the official fan site the unofficial would you :p

Anyways I hope what is left of the community can figure something out. My best to the people that is offended because I agree with you and support you. Could of been handled a differently and more positive way. Not to hard to take a kid to the side and have a talk to them about their behavior and to straighten up. Its that simple because the kid would understand their is repercussions after such private talks. I took my daughters Instagram account away from her for a week for doing something foolish. She learned her lesson and I didn't have to yell and scream or even have a discussion with her mom over it. I talked to her, told her she did was wrong and she understood. It wasn't something major but I curbed it before it would be a serious issue. There has been no issue since.

I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 basement dwellers will agree. This mess is a cesspool and it will take a long time to be cleaned up.

Anyway peeps. Be cool, good luck. and best of health in your real life :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay - how's this ... IF there is a pic or pics on JCs site that are essentially Stratics proprietary or is their propritary info relating to this banning stuff, then they have the right to request a take-down - essentially a cease-and-desist. If there is something in JCs possession on the site that they are questioning the source of - but is not their property, they also have to ask via legal means.

So I ask again, how is the finger-pointing and cr*p about this going to heal ANYTHING? And to step back a bit in things ... I will quote one of my own posts with a bit of editing (boldface):

So, I ask. How is your attitude helping things exactly? And I'll add one more:
If you are so sure that there is no way any of this can be healed (I do not say forgotten), then find the door and exit. Really.
So you condone Stratics posting stuff from JC's site, what is good for the goose is good for the gander and Straics insisting that this falls under "confidential proprietary info" is a total joke Dictator Lexus conducted a personal Witch Hunt and coerced others to support him and also coarsed Capt to permaban those he wanted banned. Capt and others have performed notable actions by falling on swords in an attempt to protect Stratics. Things could have been done before all this started, Stratics Owner contacts JC and attempt an ADULT CONVERSATION and STRATICS OWNER tells Dictator Lexus that you will not conduct personal "Witch Hunts" and then dismiss him from staff. What JC may or may not have been bad but please tell me you do not think for one minute that Stractis is above reproach and that what the Dictator did way far worse than what JC supposedly did.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Suspect SC would be the wrong venue for this type of case. Next stratics would have to prove financial harm I suspect that would be hard to do if not impossible. Slander, libel etc wile they sound really cool and people toss them around a lot, are among the hardest cases to win as it comes down to was it an opinion or stated as fact, then what was the financial harm. This is more like two kids with lemonade stand talking bad about each other lemonade and one sending the other C & D. If it more than that then it opens the door for all of stratics private conversation to be entered into public record that I am guessing they really don't want public, giving the opposing side even more ammo if not grounds for counter suit. Given that several people were already disparaged in private conversations there probably already are grounds for a suit based on the leaked documents. But again what was the harm and were these facts or opinions.
First thing Stratics would have to prove that the posting of a "Witch Hunt" is considered "confidential proprietary info" Now that would be fun to watch.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not that is matters, but I was the one who moved these threads on my own accord. I figured having one central place for all of these threads was a good idea. Not to mention it really isn't a "uhall" topic to begin with.
I am not concerned with "covering up" anything, and left redirect links so everyone could find the new location easily.

Honestly, I think I am just missing the (Defcon 1) effect of all this. I was upset and confused when it all happened, but now I think its all just becoming ridiculous.The bans were reversed, and in my mind it has been fixed. Maybe I would feel differently if my name was on the list also *shrug*. But in all fairness, I do remember a time when I was perma banned a few years back for getting into a silly argument with a mod, an argument he started no less. I was also placed on a "list", and man I wish I had 15 people crying foul for me then! If you all think Stratics "bad kid lists" didn't exist prior to our current admins, you are sadly mistaken. Its a standard business practice for any type of social forum.

Call me a "sycophant and toadie" all you want to, but several people were involved in that leaked conversation, and it was a conversation that never made it to an official board vote before it was acted on. Maybe it would have happened, maybe it wouldn't have. Either way, the actions were reversed, and this is no political office with prominent public figures.
Lets get back to the game guys.
Reversing the bans was the right thing to do but not acknowledging how the bans came about and doing something about it is totally wrong. You do not hold a "Witch Hunt" and use whatever info you want to justify it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Rafman and @JC, this is to serve as public notice that should you continue posting any private communications between myself and JC on HOT, I will consider filing a claim under the Publication of Private Facts as well as other relevant statutes.

It is especially damning for you that the private communications which you are posting have been heavily edited, along with a contra-factual narrative which is presenting an incorrect history of the communications.

This will be your only notice. Get it off your site, and don't post any more of it.
LMAO And you think this is the right place to post this. To the owner of Stratics you seriously need to evaluate your Staff.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Reversing the bans was the right thing to do but not acknowledging how the bans came about and doing something about it is totally wrong. You do not hold a "Witch Hunt" and use whatever info you want to justify it.
Just a hunch here..but something tells me you think there was a witch hunt.

Just spit balling here though...

o.0

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where is your Alumni banner, so you give a little money and that makes you more special than others? Everybody did what they could and we were all told that we would all be treated equally but we sure got fooled didn't we.
I will reply with this:

Shortly after 1pm EST yesterday I received a Mod request from Stratics regarding content I posted. In response to this I will not be making further comments on this thread at this time.

Thank you :D

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kylie Kinslayer - it looks as if we two are the only ones with any ideas on how to continue in a more open manner. Everyone else is doing takedown requests (which in the context here is fair), determining the differences between slander, libel, etc or still scraping scabs off wounds so they can complain about the blood in the water.

I don't know about you, but it appears the VOCAL community here is hell-bent on destruction.
Your words have not fallen on deaf ears but in all honesty @Giggles appears to be the only one from Stratics that might be willing to enter into a real open honest conversation. Maybe if the owner of Stratics came on here like @Giggles then something meaningful might get accomplished. Having Staff on here thinking they are above reproach or threatening bans or trying to throw out legal ******** or refusing to talk about the "Witch Hunt" is IMHO a lot bigger than what they are accusing JC of doing.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not posted in response to this situation in large part because I did not wish to throw fuel on the fire. I still don't. I only wish to state the following:

To those whom I directly named in unflattering and/or insulting ways: I sincerely apologize.

I have long been a voice of leniency and fairness in my time at Stratics. I know some of you will not believe that, and wouldn't have regardless, but you are not privy to the full extent of conversations, arguing, analyzing, second-guessing, and agonizing over decisions that goes on behind the scenes. Like anyone, I have my own personal opinions, some very strong, but I do my best to keep those out of official Stratics decisions and communications, and to seek other opinions if and when I know mine might be colored by personal bias. Such conversations were the impetus behind the initial creation of the thread in the first place. There was a great deal of context from outside that thread that was missing--and its absence from the thread allowed both outside observers who obtained the information and inside staff who may have missed some or all of the conversations to understandably take the thread in a way that it was not truly intended and take actions based on those perceptions. It was always meant to be a launching point for more discussion and investigation, not a tribunal, though I do see that it looks that way in the absence of any other information.

A criticism that Stratics often faces is that habitual disruptive community members seem to stick around forever, with no apparent repercussions for their actions. It is, in my opinion, a fair criticism. Our moderation system is designed to be very lenient, and we also practice giving the benefit of the doubt in most borderline cases. It would be remiss of us NOT to discuss this dynamic and the effects it has on the site, as well as to compare notes and investigate potential problematic posters. However, in the piece of the discussion that was circulated out of context, I did not meet the standards to which I hold all Stratics users, and I apologize for that.

I came to Stratics for the UO community. I volunteered for the UO community. This incident has further fractured an already divided community, and I am truly sorry for the role I played in it. However, I made a commitment during the campaign and I am still committed to keeping the promises we made then as best we possibly can. Thank you to those of you who have extended the benefit of the doubt, and to those who have not or or are on the fence, I hope that I may re-earn your confidence in time.
Thank You for this post. If the parts posted in that conversation would have been on the lines of User A has x, y and z infraction on his/her account at witch point do we consider a perma ban, but they did not and that is what has fueled all this . What you did looked like a good old fashioned witch hunt and nothing more. Yes the bans were reversed as they should have been due to the way the bans came about but as yet the way they came about, ie witch hunt style has yet to be address by the senior staff or the owner of stratics and the two people that honorably fell on thier swords should be fully reinstated and the perpetrator of the witch hunts should be hung in effigy.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Second, the statement by JC was not "talking bad about Stratics". It was an active encouragement of actions which would exacerbate a situation in which, by JC's own words, "the Stratics staff [already] appear to be having a really tough time moderating". That isn't "talking bad". That is incitement towards an action which is implied to directly cause Stratics harm.
Seems to me since it was posted on JC's site, Stratics should just suck it up and move on, they have no control nor right to control what goes on in other properties besides their own.

Funny, how you clowns always laughed and made serious fun of Jirel and company when they threatened to sue you over some trivial s$#7 and then you turn around and do it yourself. really...

We got the message. This is now a private club, and membership and standing are determined by how often we are willing to say yes sir or yes ma'am. Got it.

Now someone needs to hand out tissues to a few of the posters here ( :cheerleader:) so they don't have to go the rest of the day with dirty noses...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank You for this post. If the parts posted in that conversation would have been on the lines of User A has x, y and z infraction on his/her account at witch point do we consider a perma ban, but they did not and that is what has fueled all this . What you did looked like a good old fashioned witch hunt and nothing more. Yes the bans were reversed as they should have been due to the way the bans came about but as yet the way they came about, ie witch hunt style has yet to be address by the senior staff or the owner of stratics and the two people that honorably fell on thier swords should be fully reinstated and the perpetrator of the witch hunts should be hung in effigy.
did I miss something, I thought Norry was the only one that stepped down?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I submit that IF the leaked post hadnt been leaked, the bans would have probably been made, and not reversed. Powertripping peeps, and all that

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I submit that IF the leaked post hadnt been leaked, the bans would have probably been made, and not reversed. Powertripping peeps, and all that
%100 correct and they would have been based on a "Witch Hunt" and not on fact gathered in a professional way. I wounder if I have earned the right to be placed on the "Witch Hunt List" yet.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Zuckuss stepped down shortly after the IndiGoGo campaign came to an end. Clops stepped down when he admitted to leaking the screenshots from the private forum.
I'm aware of this, but based on other previous posts by Zuckuss there was more to it than this.

But this is irrelevant, I was just trying to help clear things up.

Thanks for the info!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did I miss something, I thought Norry was the only one that stepped down?
Clops for leaking the Witch Hunt List and Capt for banning the people on the "Witch Hunt List"

IMHO
Clops did the right thing because who started the 'Witch Hunt" was above reproach and still is and Clops knew nothing would be done to correct the problem.
Capt fell on his sword to try and protect Stratics in hopes this would all blow over.
The owner of Stratics needs to talk with JC ADULT to ADULT and resolve this.
The two honorable people in all this should be reinstated.
The Dictator/Bully/ Coercer of the "Witch Hunt" should be hung in effigy.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a hunch here..but something tells me you think there was a witch hunt.

Just spit balling here though...

o.0
LOL *looking sheepishly* think that for one minute that Stratics would conduct a Witch Hunt and then try to cover it up, not me.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little perspective..

At the beginning of February I received a request from JC the Builder to put up a Message board at Goodman's Rune Library on Atlantic so that he could gather and direct players interested in PVP to Stratics forums. These forums having been sanctioned by the Producer of Ultima Online as the only forums that UO Develpers would discuss and interact over aspects of game play. Had I for a single second thought that he was going to use the message board to attack or hurt Stratics I would not have put it up for him. I happen to believe that all playstyles are entitled to inclusion and participation in this community whether it be pvper, roleplayer, rare collector, pvmer ect. I have believed for a long time that fansites other than Stratics should be included in discussions and that is why to this day I post to all of them. You may not like JC or me or many others who contribute or speak up but we all love the game of Ultima Online. That is what we have in common.

pvpboard.jpg

I have been on both sides of the fence here at Stratics & I have volunteered my time for UO Guide & many other projects for the community. I know how stressful and hurtful it can be to put yourself out there, spend countless hours on projects to enrich our community only to be attacked & slandered from outside and within. It's a thankless job for the most part but I would like to remind you of the 100's of people who spend countless hours on this site over the last 20 years, most of whom did it for a love of community and UO. Have some respect for them and stop ripping apart what is left of this site.

I am saddened to see Stratics bounced from owner to owner without regard for the individuals who put their blood, sweat and tears into it. I am appalled that it is being implied that unless you have contributed money your voice does not matter here. Does my contribution now count for less because I did not contribute to the last "sale"?

Our community is small and we need to find ways to combine it not divide it. It is time to stop making this about one or two or three people and move forward to solutions that will solve the original problem. One shared location for Forums & Content would be ideal but never would we ever be able to put egos and past greivances behind us to accomplish that and I realize that what has transpired over the last few days that there may be no point of return for some but at least moving in the right direction would be a start. To all sides, please stop inflaming things further...

Respectfully,
Andrasta
GRL

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You were spot on ... it was a long read! Believe it or not, we do agree on more than a few points. You put quite nicely what I have not been able to say: to break the circle of pain we have there has to be willing compromise. Too many of the posters in this thread appear to NOT be ready to do that.

I can see both sides in this ... and as was initially stated - mistakes were made all over the place. Yet many posters are picking at those and not tossing out ideas on how to get past them and get something cohesive back again. It won't be like old days - you cannot go home again - but it sure as heck can be better than this thread!

I believe there can be more openness from the "Board Gods" than there is. I was a mod some years back before a 6-year hiatus. I am firm in the belief that there is a level of openness that can be reached ... before the hammer needs to drop. I hope someone on the staff will take this next one as an idea. I offer up this as a way to start things:
1. When a poster does violate ROC or TOS to a minor level that would get them a warning, make it public and not a PM/message or whatever. Why? Because their mistake was a public one ... so should be the response.

2. When a poster has enough demerits or points against them to hit some threshhold, give them an open warning that they are close to suspension/ban or whatever. Again - openly because they have persisted in openly flaunting the rules.

3. When a poster actually reaches the limit for suspension or ban, announce it and point to the warnings they received and point accumulation warnings. Why? Because the infractions were PUBLIC, the warnings and points assessed were PUBLIC. Don't make a suspension or ban private so that rumors start - keep it out there.​

Okay, John Q. Public: toss grenades or whatever at these BUT do so with some ideas of your own, too! I just made a first move by suggesting what COULD be done. Who has more ideas? I have challenged you to be creative and constructive. Can you do it or do you still want to beat dead animals (except squirrels)?
Just say public flogging. That is easier to type.

When isn't archery nerfed? Heck there was just a recent post on Stratics about nerfing Moving Shot... as if Archery hasn't been nerfed enough.
*chuckles* how did this get here? :)

A little perspective..

At the beginning of February I received a request from JC the Builder to put up a Message board at Goodman's Rune Library on Atlantic so that he could gather and direct players interested in PVP to Stratics forums. These forums having been sanctioned by the Producer of Ultima Online as the only forums that UO Develpers would discuss and interact over aspects of game play. Had I for a single second thought that he was going to use the message board to attack or hurt Stratics I would not have put it up for him. I happen to believe that all playstyles are entitled to inclusion and participation in this community whether it be pvper, roleplayer, rare collector, pvmer ect. I have believed for a long time that fansites other than Stratics should be included in discussions and that is why to this day I post to all of them. You may not like JC or me or many others who contribute or speak up but we all love the game of Ultima Online. That is what we have in common.

I have been on both sides of the fence here at Stratics & I have volunteered my time for UO Guide & many other projects for the community. I know how stressful and hurtful it can be to put yourself out there, spend countless hours on projects to enrich our community only to be attacked & slandered from outside and within. It's a thankless job for the most part but I would like to remind you of the 100's of people who spend countless hours on this site over the last 20 years, most of whom did it for a love of community and UO. Have some respect for them and stop ripping apart what is left of this site.

I am saddened to see Stratics bounced from owner to owner without regard for the individuals who put their blood, sweat and tears into it. I am appalled that it is being implied that unless you have contributed money your voice does not matter here. Does my contribution now count for less because I did not contribute to the last "sale"?

Our community is small and we need to find ways to combine it not divide it. It is time to stop making this about one or two or three people and move forward to solutions that will solve the original problem. One shared location for Forums & Content would be ideal but never would we ever be able to put egos and past greivances behind us to accomplish that and I realize that what has transpired over the last few days that there may be no point of return for some but at least moving in the right direction would be a start. To all sides, please stop inflaming things further...

Respectfully,
Andrasta
GRL
I seriously teared up. I do not want to see Stratics go. A lot of my heroes, influences and icons are passing now like small embers from a low burning fire. Enjoy your youth, you frickin' punks! (I know... but frickin' does not really pl$$ anyone off the days) ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been here on stratics for ever Rictus was me prior to 2003 so seen all of this drama repeat and resolve over and over and over....... Folks it is a forum about a game and in some aspects these boards are a game just as much as UO. PvP and Non PvP are always going to clash, Siege and Non Siege yep going to usually clash. RP and Non RP always going to clash. Personally I would like to just see impartial moderation of the boards and warnings, temp bans and perm bans handed out based on the TOS, which btw pretty much all of us have violated at one time or another. Poster post X and it falls in a set parameters of a violation that warrants a 7 day ban DO IT. If it warrants a warning give it, if it falls in the perm ban issue it, even if it is your bestest buddy. It really is SOS just a different day and different mods and owners.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could also be argued that by not enforcing the TOS equally or not at all in some cases the Mods, board and owner are in violation of their own TOS and therefore should ban themselves :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its just sad.

As usual the same few posters keep defending this stuff. It doesn't matter if some people on the list deserved to be there or not. The question is when does it end? People were already on the list for flimsy reasons so who is to say where it ends? Who is to say when you become a "Troublesome" poster? Why did the ROC get changed just to allow this? Why are things outside of Stratics being used against people?

I mean, at least @Riyana 's posts reads like she cares a little bit but its far too late. Instead we had threads get deleted and efforts to cover it up. When we finally did get word from Senior Staff it was like they didn't care. They seemed sorry just because it got leaked and more annoyed that they even had to deal with it. To top it off it eventually lead to the thread being moved off Uhall a few hours before Elenni threatened legal action to JC.

Yet people wonder why we are still upset.

But you guys don't care. You know a lot of us are stuck with Stratics and it shows in your responses to this whole thing.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its just sad.

As usual the same few posters keep defending this stuff. It doesn't matter if some people on the list deserved to be there or not. The question is when does it end? People were already on the list for flimsy reasons so who is to say where it ends? Who is to say when you become a "Troublesome" poster? Why did the ROC get changed just to allow this? Why are things outside of Stratics being used against people?

I mean, at least @Riyana 's posts reads like she cares a little bit but its far too late. Instead we had threads get deleted and efforts to cover it up. When we finally did get word from Senior Staff it was like they didn't care. They seemed sorry just because it got leaked and more annoyed that they even had to deal with it. To top it off it eventually lead to the thread being moved off Uhall a few hours before Elenni threatened legal action to JC.

Yet people wonder why we are still upset.

But you guys don't care. You know a lot of us are stuck with Stratics and it shows in your responses to this whole thing.
I haven't been defending other peoples actions, only my own. The "cover up" conspiracy has no weight, as I was the main person deleting and moving and locking posts in a effort to keep the peace while tempers cooled. I have explained that several times.
Moving these threads was also my call alone, and I have explained why in previous posts here. I cannot defend actions of others, only my own. If people need and want to continue being upset with initial censorship, that was all my doing, not the board. In times like this, blame needs to be placed where it belongs, and you are blaming the wrong people for parts of this.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand that Giggles

But how can I be sure you arent being forced to throw yourself under the bus for Stratics? I mean they already did that to Norrington

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will gladly commend Giggles on moving these threads from UHall to SHaS, this is the proper forum for them and UHall doesn't need drama in it.

Stay strong mods... Regulate but be fair. I have been through firestorms... You can too.
Well there's no shock that you side with the moderation team after a witch hunt...

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I understand that Giggles

But how can I be sure you arent being forced to throw yourself under the bus for Stratics? I mean they already did that to Norrington
Well, I guess you can't be "sure" I am not being forced. But I would like to think my reputation would speak for itself. Anyone who has played with me for any amount of time would know that I am not the personality type that succumbs easy to threats and demands. I have been harassed, trolled, and attacked by the best of them. If anyone was telling me to do anything that I didn't agree with, I would gladly tell them where to go.

My actions the past few days have been mine alone. Everything I have done and the choices I have made have been with the general community in mind. I was not willing to ban people who were rightfully upset and confused, nor was I willing to allow everyone else to read the rage, porn, and general chaos, nor was I willing to let several people have a blatant disregard for the rules.
But to put it simply, I am not a puppet, and I am legitimately sorry if my actions have contributed to the overall negative tone of this situation. That was not my intent.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And all of you! Quit over thinking my responses! # @Flutter
Hate to say it man, but pretty sure Flutter is done with Stratics.. at least for now.

btw... among the quickest post removals in the history of Stratics there... wow!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I adore Flutter... She always takes my posts wrong when she is in a tizzy. We will get over it. I will anyway.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Good for you JC... Go do that thing.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you condone Stratics posting stuff from JC's site, what is good for the goose is good for the gander and Straics insisting that this falls under "confidential proprietary info" is a total joke Dictator Lexus conducted a personal Witch Hunt and coerced others to support him and also coarsed Capt to permaban those he wanted banned. Capt and others have performed notable actions by falling on swords in an attempt to protect Stratics.

Sums it up for me...

thebus.gif

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*sets down popcorn*

I see this popping up from time to to time.... so as a sort of "personality" on Stratics, I'll reply.

Elenni was brought onto Stratics as an Editor for the "wiki" project started by RonBron. She and I discussed some thing soon after my own departure as Publisher (which were for my own reasons and posted elsewhere).

1 - Elenni is a UO player and has played UO for a very long time
2 - Elenni is a writer and marketer, much like myself, with very similar skills and interests
3 - Her involvement in the sale/purchase of Stratics was, in part, prompted by the desire of so many others - to keep Stratics alive and as a non-profit venture
4 - Elenni has several business interests (as myself) which include for-profit ventures
5 - Stratics as a brand and entity is a holding of Gamers Gambit, LLC. Stratics in and of itself is NOT FOR PROFIT despite the holding company's status. This is a normal business practice.
(sorry, hit the wrong key and posted before I was finished)
6. If not for the formation of the Stratics Board, a similar entity (a for profit business that I sit on the board of directors here in Hawaii) would have purchased Stratics and put it into its non-profit-website category
7. If the Stratics Board had failed to form, the entity of which I am on their BoD would have put forth the monies to secure Stratics HAD notice of the sale reached my ears prior to the fiasco in December 2015.

Regardless of what has passed, I took a back seat to the Stratics Board in the ownership of Stratics because of the following:
1. All members of the Board (at the time) were active staff
2. All members of the Board had talked to me on some level or another about what was happening
3. All members of the Board attained the support and trust of other staff members that I talked to (reporters and moderators and contracted helpers not on staff for their own reasons).

I told other interested parties to put their support behind the Stratics Board - and as such the Stratics Board did purchase the site, brand and contents (forum, word-press and files otherwise archived).

For business purposes, and to protect the individuals from personal loss, the Stratics site was put into the Gamers Gambit, LLC as a sort of "portfolio" item. That was not anything I was involved with - but the process is something I am familiar with. Does that make Elenni a bad person? No. The senior staffers (or Stratics Board) needed protections on legal grounds - which is a common practice within the industry. Nothing snide or underhanded about it.

At risk of sounding like a PANCAKE, if you don't like it, don't like who is running things, don't like the RoC, ToS or anything else... then why the PANCAKE do you people continuously post? Go somewhere else. Go where you enjoy yourselves. Go where your efforts are meaningful to you and the people you care about.

Just simply stop being PANCAKES about a situation that, quite honestly, is a major lesson learned for the Stratics Board, the people involved, and the people affected. Quit harassing the people who keep Stratics ticking. Obviously, not everyone knows everything and quite honestly my comment about speculation is not intended for one or two people, but everyone.

Not even I know what all happened, and I shouldn't as I'm not on Staff or involved in the workings of Stratics. (So you individuals who keep sending me ICQs & FB messages, just stop - I DO NOT VOLUNTEER MY TIME TO STRATICS ANYMORE - I have nothing to do with their policies and "tatteling" to me really doesn't accomplish a PANCAKE thing.)

Last edited:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sets down popcorn*

I see this popping up from time to to time.... so as a sort of "personality" on Stratics, I'll reply.

Elenni was brought onto Stratics as an Editor for the "wiki" project. She and I discussed some thing soon after my own departure as Publisher (which were for my own reasons and posted elsewhere).

1 - Elenni is a UO player and has played UO for a very long time
2 - Elenni is a writer and marketer, much like myself, with very similar skills and interests
3 - Her involvement in the sale/purchase of Stratics was, in part, prompted by the desire of so many others - to keep Stratics alive and as a non-profit venture
4 - Elenni has several business interests (as myself) which include for-profit ventures
5 - Stratics as a brand and entity is a holding of Gamers Gambit, LLC. Stratics in and of itself
That still doesn't answer who she is.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <clips out most of the post ...>
At risk of sounding like a PANCAKE, if you don't like it, don't like who is running things, don't like the RoC, ToS or anything else... then why the PANCAKE do you people continuously post? Go somewhere else. Go where you enjoy yourselves. Go where your efforts are meaningful to you and the people you care about. ... <snip> ...
Boy do I like this! Sounds like something I said yesterday but a whole lot meaner! Thank you for this and for clarifying some of the recent Stratics history I knew had happened but didn't fully understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.