• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics Plus

D

Dern_Ironskull

And you attract more flies(+) with honey, not vinegar.

Ok, we'll just have to think of something else, or somewhere else to go.

Cya

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww, Dern got no sense of humor? *tickles Dern's chin*

Again, if there's enough of a demand for a particular feature, we'll no doubt bump it up a notch on the Priority Alert Level (PAL), through our Office of Message Board Security. But we'll need to be made aware of the demand through the voices of multiple readers.

Btw, I obviously don't mean any offense. Just seeing if I can get a smile out of a Grumpy Vet. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

-Den

D

Dern_Ironskull

This one made me smile:
<blockquote><hr>

But we'll need to be made aware of the demand through the voices of multiple readers.

<hr></blockquote>
How will you ever hear multiple readers, when the posts don't bump /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
real convenient...

You could put a "sticky" post at the top of the forum if it wouldn't violate the spirit of this board to have a post that doesn't float away.

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But we'll need to be made aware of the demand through the voices of multiple readers.

Yeah, I like that one too. The best part about it is the fact that there are several ways to contact us and make suggestions for improvement, such as e-mail. If enough readers want the feature (and it's feasible on our part), then it will most likely be implemented.

[email protected]

Den

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very happy to hear! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Thank you.

Den

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI: We will be adding a toggle switch for users to personally select between date slip and post bump with the next update to our forums.

Hopefully that will help,

Den

C

Citern

because i cannot join stratic plus since it refuses the data i enter

same date i entered to pay for my second uo account, buy uoassist support

no problems there but your system has a problem....

weird eh ?

D

Dern_Ironskull

Wow.
*Is impressed*

I know you have alot on your hands with the Stratics Plus program rollout, and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to look into this issue. I am aware that you can not dedicate time looking into every idea and issue that arises on this board (especially a board that gereates 1000s of rants &amp; raves every day); but you managed to stay open to ideas and concerns, and that is a fantastic quality for a company to have. And I would also like to thank you, Den, for your personal envolvement in this issue, which is definately "above &amp; beyond" the normal participation level of someone in your position.

I think that your choice of resolution on the issue is the best one. Being able to toggle the format as a Stratics Plus member is a good opportunity to increase your membership base &amp; a good business decision. Giving the choice of format will be a popular decison with the community. And while some would say that this is just one forum of many, it is "the" main discussion forum, and so, quite important to us all.

I'd like to congradulate you on your ability to stay in touch with the UO community on the small changes to the Stratics Plus program. Of course this only makes me more eager to see how you &amp; your staff can amaze us with the large additions to the Stratics Plus program. Your involvement that you have shown with the community can only be an indicator that the Stratics Plus program will continue to be a great success.

Thanks!!
Dern

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad that, thanks to the great people we have on staff (Teresk in particular), we could resolve this issue for you and others who may not be accustomed to the U.Hall default. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words,

Den

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] and they should be able to help out with any problems in the billing form. First, however, you should verify that all fields are filled out completely and with the specifically correct information.

Den

C

Chinalilly

<blockquote><hr>

FYI: We will be adding a toggle switch for users to personally select between date slip and post bump with the next update to our forums.

<hr></blockquote>

Can we please get an ETA on this?

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure: when it's ready for implementation, hopefully sometime soon. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Den

S

SirLynxx

I know this is in the Stratics Plus Thread .. but i have to ask to make sure is the Thread Bump Feature going to be a Plus thing only or is it going to be for All users ? (Crosses his fingers as he cant get Plus for prolly 2 months)

D

Dern_Ironskull

C'mon, it has to be a plus member feature. If they are going to take time out of development for the stratics program to implement this, it should fall under the plus program only.

If this feature doesn't add to the membership base, how can they justify the dev time used to create it? Free developent is nice, but its just not the way successful businesses work.

A few days ago, the chances of this being done were very slim. and now that it is a possiblity, we should not be so quick to rule out that it will be a Stratics Plus member item (and IMO rightfully so) only.

S

Steelworker

At the very least the new features should be available to the plus membership base for a set time period (6 months or so?) before being made available to the hoi polloi.

C

Citern

all fields are filled in correctly, i compared to the info i used for my uo accounts and the data is EXACT (capital-exact included) the same

but i still get an error..

C

Citern

well i send em an email but i just as wel might not have

i have a bill here from my creditcard company that has my adres info info on it (it is acutally used to deliver it to my adres)

i enter the EXACT same info and it is refused

O

Oluffer

I've been using the stratics sites for a long time so of course I bought Stratics plus + =D

Keep up the good work! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif *mmm so nice with no pop-ups*

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad you're enjoying the service! As an aside, please note that we will soon be getting much faster, so Plus will become like a suped-up hotrod: lightning fast, baby, awww yeah. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

-Den

J

Joko

I want to get stratics + but i dont see what iam going to get out of it

I only really come to stratics for SWG now, what are they offering for that?

L

Lasolan of Cats

Absolutely no problems with more ads or popups on this end. Since I've restricted most ad sites from my browser, I get these big blank spaces where your ads are supposed to appear... and of course the popups don't show up, because the sites are restricted.

So by all means, add more ads! I don't see them anyway! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Goodman Atlantic

I just tried to sign up. It won't let me get into it far enough to register.

Marizelle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please provide some more details as to the problem you are encountering?

Where on the sign-up page are you having issues? Is it during submission? Etc.

Please provide any details you can to help us track it down.
Thanks!

G

Goodman Atlantic

When I click on the link at the top of this post to sign up, I get the standard "not here" page from explorer. Same is true when I go through the links on the main web page. It can't seem to open the page called "signup.html".

Hopefully that describes it well enough. (Its not a problem with my computer or my software. No other problems are being found on other pages or other web sites.)

I tried again today, with same result.

G

Goodman Atlantic

There must be something at my office blocking certain kinds of input from the internet. I was able to access it from my home computer without any problems.

G

I was regesterd for Stratics + near the first day it was offerd, I love stratics and would give them money stright up if they had a button or something so i could just click on it and send them some cold hard cash. So far my only complaint is that at times the boards do not refreash and i cant access some threads, im running a cable modem with 1.5 GHz Pentium 4, so im pretty sure its not on my end. Then thing i love is the fact i dont have to deal with all the annoying ad's I hate that. That is the same reason i left AOL for stright Cable b/c of the pop up add's in game during UO sessions. Nothing as frustrating as fighting Titins or LL or Bloods and have a advertisment for Vigra pop up in your face duing a time when you are casting ivesablitly to exit out of the pop up to see You Are Dead on your screen and you WW follows shortly.

T

Turlock

LOL, and thats were it all starts! I can remember at one time AIR was free at 7-11, then some idiot put a 25 cent charge on it and then a bunch of even worse idiots payed for it. So now we have vending machine air stations *Rolls Eyes*

Frankly I could care less if stratics or any web site shut down *Shrugs* You simply just move onto the next one. Up until UO shut their site down many never even gave Stratics the slightest glance. Also considering OSI deemed LaGStratics it's official site for the gathering of customer complaints, idea's and communication then let them carry the financial burden. To be perfectly frank, how stupid at business does one have to be to take on such an endevor and not ask for compensation from the MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY taking advantage of their established hosted site and user base?

Seems to me ifin yer beggin pennies from your viewers and letting the big boy exploit you then you really should rethink your stratagies or shut it down, or at least find smarter people to handle the financial end of the company /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

D

Dargalin

<blockquote><hr>

*jots down the note about a spell-checker for Stratics Plus members*

<hr></blockquote>

Can you make it compulsory so I can understand D3WD? *grins*

F

flatscan

You’re presuming they don’t receive some compensation. But if they are not, there to just shut down? How ridiculous is that. So every UO player site is to try and hit up UO for backing or shut down? Stratics isn't here just to cover UO's discontinued forums. Their here cause (I’m guessing) they like it, enjoy providing information and resources to players, and are proud of the environment they maintain. I don't think it unreasonable to ask help form the people that benefit form there work. I personally have used Stratics for news and information since almost day one of starting in UO. I have yet to find another site that offers even remotely what Stratics does. So if they need a few bux to continue supplying the content they do, then I’m more then happy to help out. Live cheap and you tend to miss the best life has to offer. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

T

Telon

Signed up for Stratics Plus today! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much! I hope you enjoy all the features--especially those that are right around the corner. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

-Den

H

Hawkeye

While playing UO i have have found the love of my life. We met in UO and now her and I are the best thing that has happend to each other. Anything to help keep stratics(best place to finda anything for UO) up and running is worth every cent.

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right on, man! That's totally awesome. May your future together be bright. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

-Den

C

Citern

i payed for pkware 6 professional since my last post, my 2 uo accounts are being paid every month with my cc (from now on every 6 months) and these companies also require cc info check just like you do

but for some reason your billing system does not accept my cc info even though i *know* it is correct

and no i am *not* sending the info by email

fix your billing system !

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's some info that may help:

"We have had quite a few where it wouldn't go through,
but when it came down to it after helping the customer, in every case one of
three things happened :

1) They were living at address "A" and were entering that instead of the
address where the bill was actually sent, which for obvious reasons caused
the card to come back declined.

2) They had their home address listed with the credit card company as an
"alternate address" and it wasn't the address where the bill is sent. To
get an authorization when this happens we need to do it manually with a
phone call to the card processing center and it can be approved since they
can then see the alternate address on file. The problem is the automated
system kicks it out and won't allow it, so unless the customer e-mails
support and provides the information or their phone number so I can call
them at home and take their sign up over the phone, we don't have any way to
get an alternate address to verify.

3) They had a typo in their address, city, or zip and that caused it to not
go through. In this case, usually after talking to them at support they
re-enter the information and it goes through (and I can see when looking at
their account what was different the first time, and it was a typo.)

If there are any other reasons this is occurring I'm not familiar with them.
From the support e-mails I receive and resolve the above three things are
what happens all the time."

If none of the above provides an answer, please contact [email protected] and you'll receive personal assistance.

Thanks,

Den

M

meru of europa

I didnt' go for stratics plus at first because I wasn't usign stratics that much.

Now I am, I have.

And it seems to go a little faster without Ads.

As I'm aware of how much bandwidth costs, I don't run adblockers. Websites cost money and I'm not going to block the tiny income stream from adverts for those I use.

C

Citern

<blockquote><hr>

1) They were living at address "A" and were entering that instead of the
address where the bill was actually sent, which for obvious reasons caused
the card to come back declined.

<hr></blockquote>

i enter the EXACT same info on my uo accounts and they accept it

it is certain the same method is used so all the info *is* correct

<blockquote><hr>

2) They had their home address listed with the credit card company as an
"alternate address" and it wasn't the address where the bill is sent. To
get an authorization when this happens we need to do it manually with a
phone call to the card processing center and it can be approved since they
can then see the alternate address on file. The problem is the automated
system kicks it out and won't allow it, so unless the customer e-mails
support and provides the information or their phone number so I can call
them at home and take their sign up over the phone, we don't have any way to
get an alternate address to verify.

<hr></blockquote>

there *is* no alternate adress

for the rest: see above

<blockquote><hr>

3) They had a typo in their address, city, or zip and that caused it to not
go through. In this case, usually after talking to them at support they
re-enter the information and it goes through (and I can see when looking at
their account what was different the first time, and it was a typo.)

<hr></blockquote>

i went so far to open the uo account website and copy paste the same info from one browser to your register webpage (wich was exactly what i entered manually btw)

for the rest see my reply on 1

your site has a problem

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Citern,

I would very muchlike to help you personally, but I cannot. For this type of assistance, please send a descriptive e-mail to [email protected] and your problem will be remediated.

Thanks,

Den

G

Oo this is so much nicer and "quieter"! (Not having the ads, I mean.) Do you like my kitty? (points to icon)

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your kitty very much. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Is that an albino tiger cub?

(Btw, thanks for joining Plus! It helps us out so, so very much.)

Best,

Den

G

No no, it's a snow leopard cub /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I think they're adorable! My Siamese-mix cat actually has the same markings in the same color on his face. His name's Tyger.

Den

Founder
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew there was a Tyger in there somewhere. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

-Den

G

I think I will have to sign off as Plus member, I get no advantages on the guildforums, still ads there.
What's worse, your guys now nerfed the moderators on the guildforums, so I won't be able to have [NEW]'s forums there in the future, I will have to find an alternative host and only use the public forum to guide visotors to the real forums, where I can admin my forums.
I see no reason for this changes, if someone can't keep the rules, then nerf them and admin their forums.

I'm so disapointed with Stratics right now, that I don't feel I want to support Stratics with my money.

I would had been willing to pay a little to get full admin right on my forums if it included a access list I could admin without sending stupid forms to the admins.

Sorry, but I'm in bad mood

Freja

D

Dargalin

In the list of things for stratics plus, there is a big green tick next to guild forums.... any chance of giving us an update as to what exactly that does? be nice to have an ad free guild forum...

Darg.

A

Anubz

I signed up for Plus just to get rid of the anoying blooming adverts /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

Plus I use this a my main reference site all the time /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Plus the boards are a ok read while I'm board at work Oh and it's relativly cheap IMO