• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics PlayXPert Open Beta

G

Gallahan

We want to take a minute to introduce the new Stratics In-Game Community Toolset that we're making available to all Stratics users, completely free.

Below you will find out how to download the new tools and information on how we're trying to improve your gaming experience.

We've been busy working with PLAYXPERT to deliver a totally unique experience for you while you play the games you love. This new technology allows you to use gamer-inspired tools without the need to alt-tab. Now for those of you with dual monitors, this is already an option. But for the majority of users out there this will be a new luxury, allowing you to surf the web, chat with friends, listen to music and even kill process's all while still in-game.

We have built these Stratics Community tools just for you.

DOWNLOAD HERE
The hand-picked widgets that will come standard for our users:

1. Universal chat across all major chat IM tools (Yahoo, Xfire, Windows Live, ICQ, AIM, Gtalk)
2. Vivox Voice for person-to-person VOIP calls as well as password protected or public channels (for free)
3. Pandora for your music listening pleasure while you're raiding or grinding in-game (Pandora has a US only restriction)
4. Web browser widget so you can access the Stratics news, reviews and even your guild pages while in-game and
5. Switchblade so you can test playing your favorite games with a Xbox 360 controller.
6. GoogleGadgets – Allows the user access to the wealth of Google Gadgets in-game
7. Notepad – Gives the user the ability to use the Notepad application in-game to take notes for quests, locations, etc.</ul>

*The technology works on XP and Vista but the in-game overlay system will not be available to Vista users until January. Take note – the updater will auto-upgrade your vista version when the in-game support is added.*

More about the Technology:

PLAYXPERT is an in-game overlay technology that's designed to solve a number of multi-tasking issues for gamers. The kernel based architecture does not violate the Terms of Service, impact frame rates or interrogate shared memory of the game whatsoever. We have a fully extensible widget architecture that allows users to download individual widgets to do different things. Each one appears semi- transparently within the game, and they address everything from communication to music to web content.

Widgets:

All of the below widgets are available on the our Widget Gallery:

1. Universal Chat – Chat via universal chat client, universal chat support, Live Messenger, G Talk, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, X Fire, and Sony Station Friends
2. Web Browser – Web surfing, check your email, post on forums and blogs, game database and news research
3. Diagnostics – PC Vitals monitored and managed with heads-up display and monitors – CPU usage, Memory availability, and Task Manager functionality
4. Tunes – Fast forward, rewind, play, pause and stop music from the widget interface, select playlists, WinAmp, iTunes, Windows Media Player.

Additional Widgets:

1. WoW Armory – Direct link to Armory search for quests, items, characters, etc.
2. Pandora Music – Create and maintain play lists online
3. Notepad – Keep track of information and notes, display in game for immediate access
4. Volume Control – Tailor sound setting s to provide optimal volume of sounds, sound effects, and voice
5. WoWhead - Gives users access to WoWhead's World of Warcraft database
6. IRC - Brings Mibbit's web-based IRC into game
7. GMail - Allows the user to access to their Gmail while playing a game
8. Volume Mixer - Gives the user control over all their cpu's audio
9. Command Prompt - Bring the Windows Cmd prompt into game.

C

Ceromus

Does not work for me. Tells me its going to reboot to install the driver for the geforce 8800gt. I reboot and the process repeats. Does not work for me in game.

Edit: Im in windows xp 64bit

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I had everything working, ICQ, Yahoo, and Xfire, all in the friends widget window thing, then I reboot computer, and the only one that's there is Xfire. I now only have the option to add GTalk, Sony, and Xfire gateways... <_<

Edit: Seems to be a firewall problem, I just turned it off and it works now. Still weird though.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if you guys want my computer specs, but I'm on a Windows x64 O/S. I'll report back if I find any problems!

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry i only have 512 ram it said i needed 1048 i think itr said ty for asking me anyways :( maybe someday when i get a better pc

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Pandora has a US only restriction)

Until such times as things like this are addressed, I'm not even going to bother downloading it. Way to go leaving folks that aren't based in the US out in the cold :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question - why do you attack Stratics for a stupid restriction with Pandora? It's not Stratics that has to address it.

From PANDORA'S FAQ

Q: Why do you require a United States Zip Code when registering?

Our music licenses require our listeners to be United States residents, which is why we require your US zip code during registration.
We fervently hope one day we can legally make Pandora available internationally. For more information about international licensing issues, please see:
http://blog.pandora.com/faq/#79

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't attack stratics. I just said I wouldn't be downloading it until such times as all of the features are available to all of the players, regardless of their location. Pandora is not the only radio station out there, and there are plenty available to use wherever you are in the world. So why pick one that's restricted to US users only?

G

gryvix

hmm do we have to put bugreports here, Sir Gallahan? (Yea that's an old one, oh good #irc-help-times *sniff*)

Install: Had a message that .net and adobethingywingy were out of date: I had this freshly installed yesterday.

It says my nick is unavailable or taken: that can't be! No one else uses my nick. Or if the login/password is the same as the Stratics forums, than it doesn't work either.

Tifamarie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this the tool you use for the Bank Renovation contest if not what is. How do you do it. How do I decorate , what do I use!

C

Crystal Canyon

Is this the tool you use for the Bank Renovation contest if not what is. How do you do it. How do I decorate , what do I use!
My questions also. And...why do none of the links in this article work? I did go to Uo Herald, but alas, could not find any information there either.

Can you redesign the walls of the bank with different tiles? Floor tiles?

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope...this has nothing to do with the contest sponsored by Mythic.

For that, it was suggested you use InsideUO. Let me go find that post and I'll edit in linkage here.

Edit: Link