• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

strange things happening in the abyss

E

Emma Royds

first of all i have seen a stool and a crown of arcane temperament on vendors of but not seen to steal them and no info about them.
So i was running around and i came across something strange on the ground and i hover the mouse over it and it was the crown, i went over to steal it and nothing happened so i dragged it off the floor and placed it into my bag, i was thinking one of 2 things.
1: it acts like a daily rare and can be picked up by anyone.
2: someone had already stole it and placed it back on the ground.
i checked my log and there is black and white i see the message (you successfully stole the item) unsure as to why it fell back on the ground.

Is there a separate timer for abyss/underworld spawns?
I was busy so i got the timer from the skull candle then every 15 mins (+ the few seconds delay for each timer) i would do a quick run around then parked up, it was around 8 mins later i got a shock to see something spawn in front of me.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timer for the Underworld and Abyss stealables is the same, given the Artifact Rarity value. The Crown is Artifact Rarity 5, so the timer is roughly 24 hours.

I don't know why you had to pick it back up. It does not act like a daily rare, it has to be stolen.

Stayin Alive,

BG

O

Old Man of UO

Where is the Crown found? I thought it was next to waterfall near the rat spawn, but have never seen it.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timer for the Underworld and Abyss stealables is the same, given the Artifact Rarity value. The Crown is Artifact Rarity 5, so the timer is roughly 24 hours.

I don't know why you had to pick it back up. It does not act like a daily rare, it has to be stolen.

Stayin Alive,

BG

For 5 days I been hunting the Crown. Going by the info found here, when you steal an item (if a artie 5) it will respawn 24 hours + or - up to 2 hours, so it is said. However this is my findings.

1st day Stole at 2:22PM
2nd day Stole at 3:30PM
3rd day Stole at 5:30PM
4th day (missed). I camped before & after up to 8:00PM. I assumed someone got it at around 7:22-7:28. I had to leave the comp a little bit and my log showed another thief I assumed got it.
5th day (last night/this morning) I camped from 6:00pm - 9:34pm while slapping together an old PC. Here again I assumed someone else got it.

3:00 AM I run to the Cavern of Discard to fight the rat renownds. I passed the area and of course no Crown.

At 4:54AM I killed the last renown and started my way out. It was close to server down, and there was the Crown. So I made a mad dash, switched chars and pilfered the crown and logged off.

So now I am wondering as far as the timing. The last time it was way outside the 4 hour window. I wonder if the clock resets, for I am sure it didn't sit there all night from 8PM to at least 2 AM on the 4th day.

O

Old Man of UO

If this is a daily rare, why do I see it on vendors for 1 mil to 3 mil gold? Who is going to pay 3 mil for a daily rare?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have sold a few at 3 mil. Luna prices on GL are 3.5 to 4.5

The mods are decent for something you can pick up off the ground.

It is one of the few human items that has casting focus.

Crown of Arcane Temperament
Weight: 10 Stones
Artifact Rarity 5
Casting Focus 2%
Mana Increase 8
Mana Regeneration 3
Spell Damage Increase 8%
Lower Mana Cost 6%
Physical Resist 10%
Fire Resist 14%
Cold Resist 4%
Poison Resist 12%
Energy Resist 7%
Strength Requirement 10
Durability: 255 / 255

So I try to get each one if possible.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first of all i have seen a stool and a crown of arcane temperament on vendors of but not seen to steal them and no info about them

Well you have lots of info on crown, just thought i would add the stool is a stealable item added to the little hidden vendor room on the Doom guantlet side ie same room as tattered painting, playing cards and reversed backpack