• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Strange Sightings 【Part IV】

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something strange is afoot IV

The mystery seems to be at an end! While I was snooping around the plot today, the goblins seem to be a lot more excited and were working harder than they had before. And as I was moving in closer to see what has changed, I spotted a figure I've not seen thus far. Before I could get a better look at who this might be, I was revealed!

Fearing for my life I made a mad dash for the guards of Luna but as I was making my way past the Genesis Archives' Shop, I heard the words "In Zu". And a cloak of darkness consumed me.

When I came to, I was back in the old windmill. Across me sat the mysterious figure I glimpsed before I was revealed. As she lifted the hood that covered her face, what I beheld sent shivers down my spine. She was a dream wraith! Fearing for my life I remained silent and waited for her to speak first.

After what seemed like an eternity, she finally spoke. "Are you hurt?" she said. And as she spoke, I felt a sense of puzzlement as in front of my very eyes was a dream wraith but I slowly realized she was speaking in a pixie dialect of the common tongue! How was this possible since dream wraiths do not speak any language but their own?

I steeled myself and began explaining to her that I am merely investigating the strange happenings in our fair city and did not mean to trespass on her property. She smiled and said: " I mean you no harm please believe me."

Despite what I saw before me, I believed her. I could not sense any malice in her but a feeling of great sorrow. And so I nodded and allowed her continue.

She began by apologizing for putting me to sleep, but she was fearful I might bring the city guard with me should I make my escape without having a chance to explain her presence in our fair city.

She began her tale.

"For many moons, I have roamed the Stygian Abyss a mindless soul, not knowing who I was or where I was. Everything in my past seemed to have been erased from my very mind. But as time went on, bits and pieces began coming back to me.

It was not until I happened upon the Silver Sapling that it all came back to me. Seeing this sacred tree of my people, everything came flooding back to me!

I am the Pixie Queen from another world that is not dissimilar to your own. We were a happy and peaceful people. But alas, my sisters grew tired and jealous of my reign and no longer wanted to play second fiddle to me, though I never saw them as anything but my equals. And so they tricked me into drinking a powerful potion that turned me into a dream wraith and banished me from our world.

As I searched for a way to return to my world, I came across my two new friends. I found them both badly wounded just as I was finishing my climb from the Stygian Abyss to the Underworld. I took care of them the best I could with whatever I had at hand and slowly they began to recover. I asked why they were fighting and neither of them could tell me.

They vowed to help me regain my throne.

Many moons passed us by while we scoured the world for a way back home. Finally we happened across Grizelda the Hag! She claimed she knew of an ancient rite that could send me back to my world and return me to my former self, but it would require many items. Most are ancient relics that would not be cheap to acquire, while others were more readily obtainable.

And so my goblin friends and I parted ways. I went in search of the items that I could harvest on my own while they came to the fair city of Luna to prepare a place where I can rest my weary body and sell what I can to raise the funds required for the rite to be performed.

I mean the people of this world no harm and wish we can get along.

All would-be friends are welcomed to visit two days before all hallow's eve. Please bring tales of this world or any tales you wish to share to me then. But please come in costumes other than yourselves as my goblin friends do not like having humans, elves nor gargoyles around them. I have also prepared small gifts that I hope will please you all."

As she finished her tale, a bitter-sweet smile crept over her face. It almost brought tears to my eyes.

The mystery has finally been unraveled. But there is none of the joy that I have experienced from solving mysteries in the past. Perhaps there is more I can do.

Cador
---

奇怪的現象 【Part IV】

這個謎題快找到解答了!今天我又來到在這棟老破舊風車房窺探時,那些小妖精似乎好像比之前更很興奮更賣力的工作.當我靜悄悄的前進去觀察它們的進展時,我發現了一個從未看過的影子!但我沒看清楚影子就被發現了!

當時我慌張了但為了我生命的安危我就賣命的往城鎮的守衛區奔跑,不幸的,還沒經過我們新月的復活師之前就聽到了一句 "In Zu"...接著一片黑空畫面把我吞入.

我醒過來時,我發現我又回到了這棟老破舊的風車房裡.坐在我正對面就是我剛剛看到的那個神秘影子.這時它慢慢的把頭巾拉下來...終於出現在我面前的畫面令人顫抖...她就是個夢幽靈!我當時很害怕不敢發出一語直到她有所動靜.

時間感覺過了一輩子她才開口問了我一句 "你有受傷嗎?".當她問了我這句話我又感到困惑,因為在我面前的是一個夢幽靈,她們只會講人聽不懂的幽靈語,但她卻講的語言是跟人們互通小精靈語.這是不可能的我心裡想著.

我小心翼翼的開始跟她解釋我的動機,我只不過想找出為何我們的城鎮裡開始冒出這些奇怪怪物,我也不是故意想惡意侵入她的家.她就對著我輕輕的微笑說"我並不想傷害你,請相信我."

盡管在我面前是個人們恐懼的怪物但我還是相信了她.因為我在她身上無法感受到任何邪惡氣息只有一股巨大的悲傷.所以我點了頭讓她繼續講話.

她也開始解釋為何剛剛必須把我打昏了,是因為害怕我會向城鎮裡的所有守衛報警來抓她害她沒機會解釋她的冤枉處境.

她開始敘述了她的故事...

"我流浪了冥河深淵當一個無意識的靈魂,過了無數的日子裡,從不知我是誰或身處何在.我的過去記憶似乎被洗掉了.但過了很長時間才開始有一點一點的小印象.

直到我無意中發現了這棵被我的小精靈同胞們視為神聖的銀色樹苗後我的記憶才全然開始回復了!

我曾經是從類似你們世界來的小精靈女王.我們小精靈國都是快樂與和平相處的人.雖然我對待我每一個小精靈公平及公道,但到最後因為我的姊妹們對我的統治感到忌妒和厭煩,所以她們預謀把我滅掉,騙了我喝下一罐威力強大的藥水把我變成了我現在的樣子再把我從我心愛的世界驅逐了.

得到我的記憶後開始尋找我回家的路中遇到了我現在這一對小妖精新朋友.在我正找到從冥河深淵的出口時發現它們當時在那受到了重傷.我用盡了我能力帶它們跟著我離開也幫它們治療傷口,慢慢的它們開始回復健康了.我有曾經問過它們為何當初會打架但兩者都不敢跟我說原因.

但它們從此只跟我發誓會幫我奪回我被搶走的王位.

我們花了無數的圓月日子到處尋找如何從這個世界回到我的世界,終於遇到這個巫婆叫Grizelda!她說她知道一種古老的巫術能讓我回到我以前樣子及回到我的世界,但這個巫術需要用的物品並不會好找,很多都是昂貴的極品,其它東西就很容易找到的.

因此我跟我的小妖精朋友們在這暫時解散,我去尋找了這些巫婆需要的東西,我的小妖精朋友則是去尋找一個能讓我定下來休養和籌集足夠資金買巫婆需要的昂貴物品地方,所以跑到你們的城鎮裡發現這棟被遺棄的風車房角落裡把它給翻修了一下.

我對你們世界的人民沒有惡意,也只希望能夠和平相處.

所以再過兩天就是萬聖節的前夕,我很熱烈的歡迎大家希望能夠來探望,同時帶你們在這個索沙里亞世界的故事來跟我與大家分享.但請大家能夠扮裝成非人類,精靈類及翼魔類,因為我的小妖精朋友們若是看到了會感到不安也很難說它們會做出什麼令人擔心的舉動.我也準備了小禮物給大家希望你們會喜歡."

當我聽完她講她的心酸的故事後,她的臉輕輕的掛著一副似乎苦甜的微笑,害我感到鼻酸.

這整個謎題終於有個解答了.但我卻無法感受到解謎後的成就及快樂.或許我也能留下來幫助她!

【終】

卡多最後筆.