• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Strange and annoying KR bug!!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My character's face on the paperdoll using KR appears to be hued with the darkest Elven grey hue but the body appears as the whitest Elven hue.

This "followed" through everything. Formatting, re-installing, Gender and Name change, Human to Elf to Human to Elf again.

It bypasses Savage Kin Paint hue and doesn't go away with it either if I use a cloth. Also if I put on Savage Kin Paint my paperdoll's body colour turns a bit orange(as said, face remains grey).
I guess that has to do with my body hue being already the same colour as the Kin Paint though.

Other people see it as well. Just not in 2D.

The actual character in the game window appears normal at least. And it doesn't go orange if I use the Kin Paint like in the Paperdoll.

If I choose another Body Type (and not just FACE Type) the whole character turns grey-hued. Only Face Types give the Grey Face/White Body bug.

Called a GM, we spent a long time trying to fix it(and had a hilarious conversation!) but nothing worked. I haven't filed a report because the GM told me they would see to it personally being somewhat of a major nuisance.

I think I "caught" this when I switched to Human after being a grey-hued Elf in the Undead Body Type. Because I remained a grey-hued Undead even though I was Human and Humans don't have that body hue. I completely neglected reporting it immediately because I was wearing a Hooded Shroud and forgot totally about the character anyway until yesterday when I wanted to turn her PvP and needed to train her.

Anyway I've tried every combination possible. It doesn't go away now, and I guess it wouldn't go away back then.

Just checking if anyone else is experiencing this? If yes, what did you do to solve it?

EDIT: I remember a guy back when ML launched, he was Human with Elven hair style.. At least that was cool. My case is like a bad day at a Tanning Salon.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that sounds really odd. I have also seen someone "stuck" with elf hair and huing (in 2D). I just wanted to say sounds like you got an awesome GM! Hope they are able to find the issue and resolve it!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I needed GM assistance 3 times during Summer.
2 out of 3 times the GMs were excellent! :D
I really didn't expect it so I was pleasantly surprised. :hug:

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So nothing on this yet? I hope I won't have to delete my character or something, I'm tied to her!! :sad3: Don't laugh!!

Plus she's full of Legendary Power Scrolls(literally, because I used to change templates often), 25 Stat, owner of my main 18x18, founding Guild member, has a Personal Bless Deed and got Glacial Hair. She's also my first Europa-born character.
I even had teh recent and previous Valentine's Day gifts with her name on! Nevermind I changed her name recently, it's still her! :D

And I've already spent a full day today training her up.
I hope there are other solutions than deleting or running around looking like I've been in the Coal Mines.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Last Bump*

If this gets no direct attention I might as well delete the character. She looks totally ridiculous.

J

Jhym

So... let me get this straight... you've invested what sounds like millions of gp in skill and stat-scrolls, not to mention switching human to elf multiple times...

And you just want to give up on her because she looks odd and unique?

Okaaay...

Why not just go with it? Change her style and dress to reflect the weird colors until you can get a Gm to correct it. Is it really that horrible that no one would talk to you or something?

Btw, :postpics:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't think I have an answer for this one. I had a small problem with one character and item properties windows in one UI skin but was able to tweak the skin settings to correct it.

As for yours... I have no idea. Send in bug reports as well as consider emailing Jeremy with screencaps to send on to the client programmers to see if they can figure something out while they're working on updating KR into SA.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried the body sculpturer? Maybe getting a new head will change the hue. Then you can go back.

If I were making a PvP character and had some oddity, I would keep it. You would stand out.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you would delete this char instead of using 2D?