• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Story Time Adventures

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Place is Open to all Who Care to Share Your Adventures/Stories or even Add to Mine!)

She peers through the window of the small cozy cabin (invisible to all :p) sitting in the woods outside the City of Cove wondering if her persuers had found the trail left along the way. It was now early morning, the dew sat on petals looking much like diamonds in the morning sunlight and spiderwebs glisten like silvery threads in the slight late winter breeze.

As she listened to the breeze the sound of screams seemed to ride upon the waves of swirling leaves and instantly she knew the headless miners were in peril in these lands. There was a look of momentary terror in her eyes which was quickly replaced by a smile. Perhaps the headless miners would divert attention another way and her arrival in these lands would remain unknown.

Witches had never been much liked in her homeland and she saw no reason there would be much diference in this land, but deep down inside her, remained a sliver of hope; Her family was gone, she was now alone. She sat back and drifted into the trouble past, memories of blood spilled for others wild beliefs. Her family had been branded as traitors and workers of the dark arts, yet she knew all had lied to cover the wishes of one drunken old man.

She shook off the cobwebs of the past, it mattered little now, she had found a new land she would call home and if she must she would travel the lands alone. She had already seen some of the inhabitants that dwelled here or heard of their plights.. the First among them was one seen daily in the caves where headless miners worked day or night. She had sat hidden in the shadowed corners silent and watching as the endless massacre took place. It saddened her at times, other times she simply marveled at the dedication it must take to do this thing day after day.

It was not until she learned the reason behind the Lady's determination that she understood and then she realized that all things were not what they first seemed. The Lady was on a quest and everyone knew quests were an honorable thing to do were they not? She admired the patience which must certainly be needed to pursue this daily task and whispered and almost inaudible "good luck* to the lady and went on her way seeking more adventures in these new lands.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very interesting beginning I look forward to more. The lady on the headless miners quest is familiar to me too. I have ventured there when her day is done and taken up the task where she left off, but I have no where near her dedication

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Witches of Cove Journal)

Stygian Dragon
From the deep dark bowels of the abysmal dungeon a voice loud and filled with fetid anger rang out across the worlds above... "Leave my lands scum of the earth or feel the wrath of my glory upon your world"​

Those sounds seem to vibrate through the valleys and forests of the known world, falling on the doorsteps of the people of this land. Eyes would slowly lift toward the doors, fear in some, determination in others but from all you could hear the sighs of determination that comes before every battle for the people would not be driven out of that which they now had come to call their own.

The Stygian Dragon angered by the constant intrusion upon his lands stood mighty and powerful upon his throne, as if plotting some future battle for his home...Hidden close to where the dragon sat, she watched and listened to those words feeling the anger deep inside herself as past memories threaten to return.

A glance given toward the open door, she stood, pushed back the memories and walked away. If this magnificent beast ever decided to leave the underworld death and blood would surely be spilled upon the lands but in her mind she knew the people of this land would be victorious in the end.

Still the death of the mighty beast, if it ever came to pass, would sadden her as any death of a living creature always did.

She left the lair of the dragon and continued on her travels though the new world.

Last edited:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Demon Wind = Witches of Cove? Thanks for the fencing scroll =)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Search of Fishermen
She had heard rumors, a the search for the Biggest fish in the lands, so she had gotten a ship and sail searching of those competing for the title. She was only a bit north of Skara Brea, having just begun her search for fisherman, when she came upon a ship named The Ghost Ship. The ship was somewhat worn. *Perhaps the owner had been eaten by a Big Fish* she thought to herself as she continued on, trying not to laugh at her own silly thoughts.

The late winter skies were clear a slight breeze kissed the surface of the shimmering calm waters and all was well when suddenly her ship came to a dead stop and the ship shook violently. She ran to the side and looked out into the murky waters, but quickly backed away as the head of a sea serpent came out of the water and sat staring back at her with it's golden menacing eyes. It was definately not a friendly creature for it's head reared up and flames bursted from it's gaping mouth toward her. The small battle commenced but soon ended as the creature was destroyed.

She always hated taking a life even that of a creature in the wild but at times such things could not be avoided, It was simply a matter of self preservation. She had continued on her way thinking she would probably meet up with other creatures along the way. Just as she finished these thoughts she was attacked by swirling water, or so it seemed at first glance. The water creature had fierce poisoning abilities among other fighting capabilities but that too perished at the hands of her magical skills. A dolphin swam along her ship as the creature met it's death and she smiled slightly and continued on. Small ships could be seen here and there and she wondered what had become of their captains, had fishing become a dangerous sport?

As the day grew older, she spotted another ship. This one called The Fish Finder. It sat quietly upon the waters slightly west of Magincia docks, and it too had no occupants on board, with a frown she continued her way. A fierce storm was brewing you could almost feel the bite upon your skin. The once cloudless skies soon began to filled with angry dark clouds snd in the distance, lightning streaked across the lonely skies. The fate of the Fish Finder would remain unknown.

During the storm, she almost rammed into the Plenty-O-Fish yet another abandoned ship upon the sea. By the size of it she thought it would weather the storm better then her own. As it started to rain, she knew the enormous ship would survive for it was anchored down just south of the shores near Cove.

Reaching the coast, she came upon the SS Chimera anchored down for the storm. It seemed to dance back and forth upon the waves as they hit the side of the ship. She docked her ship close to it but not too close to prevent any damage to either, hopefully, and traveled overland to Moonglow.

At Moonglow docks she stood gazing out toward the sea, the salty breeze upon her skin. She boarded a ship and headed out toward the seas once again. It was here in this great city that she learned one very important thing. There were trecherous waters at Moonglow docks, some poor souls may die before ever reaching the open seas having to battle a group of Water monsters that seemed to guard the shore, however her spells had allowed her safe passage and the journey continued on.

She gazed toward the western horizon, the storm had passed and the evening light shimmered off the waters surface, and it was then that she saw it. She went reeling to the wheel and screaming at the top of her lungs *iceberg!* the waters were still as glass, no warning had been given in the already chilled day. As she drew nearer, she realized it was not an iceberg at all, but a whole island covered in snow and ice. She laughed hysterically and docked her ship deciding to explore.

The island seemed filled with polar bears and white wolves, snow leopards and even a waldrus here and there. She giggled quietly to herself as she roamed around the island. She came upon a shrine dedicated to Honesty and smiled thinking it was fitting for this shrine to be place in an area covered in pure white, Some how it seemed appropriate to her. She returned to her ship and sailed around the vast ice covered island and continued in her search for fishermen. She knew they were out there she had heard the rumors about the lands. Perhaps there were not as many as she first had thought there would be.

Land Ho! another island spotted and investigated. This island seemed dedicated to Valor as shone by the Shrine centered upon it. It would have made a nice place for a home if not for all the trees that covered it whole. Perhaps one day a space could be cleared and provide someone a good home.

A shrill of happiness rose over the lands as the headless miners surrendered their prize. She blinked as she heard the sound carried by the wind over the sea. She smiled and offered her congratulations into the wind so they might be carried back to the one who had accomplished her quest. A witch had ways of knowing things even when she was no where near.:p

Her mind had wondered a bit at the thought of the Lady on her quest and she again admired her unyielding determination to accomplish her goal. Few people had such determination she thought, she knew for a fact she herself did not. She was lost in thought when she heard the first attack and almost fell over the side of the ship as Peg Tooth Sirius the Dread Pirate fired upon her ship.

Srambling for cover and realizing she had forgotten about the Pirates that now infested the seas, she had not prepared for this battle at all. Scolding herself as all her magic was resisted and the attacks on her ship made it apparent that she would need to flee to survive, she turned the ship and tried to out run the pirates. The damage to her ship made that almost impossible.

The ship, although still moving, was damaged badly the sails torn and some in flames seemed to wave in surrender but it slowly moved away; somehow she managed to lose the pirate ship which followed. Before she could breath a sigh of relief another attack came from a different direction and she caught glimpse of Glass Eye Helios another known pirate. Still trying to move out of their reach, she turned the ship once more but it faltered as a barrage of attacks brought it to a stand still. She quickly used her magic to flee before she too perished under the attack and vowed to return for her ship.

After a few hours, and after collecting supplies needed for repairs, she returned to the ship and repaired what damage she could. Complete repairs would have to wait until she reached safe shores. Slowly she headed toward the nearest port. It had been a long day she thought as she waited for repairs to be completed at the docks.

A look of sadness seemed to glimmer in her eyes then quickly disappear. A deep breath taken in and a slow exhale as she moved toward the stables for her horse. Taking one look back toward the sea she smiled, swiftly mounted, her dark hair swirled in the breeze as she galloped away.

The night had come, the moon shone bright, like a golden coin on black velvet, the stars shimmering and twinkling like diamonds. Her journey had come to an end. She was headed for home, to her hidden cozy cabin just outside of Cove.

Last edited:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Today I found writings detailing the history of the City of Cove, the place I chose to call my home. They were hidden amongst hundreds of other writings which in all probability had been forgotten or lost. I learned that Cove had been "built upon the shores of Lock Lake against the eastern flank of Mount Defiance".

As I continued to read, I closed my eyes and tried to imagine what the people of this small village had endured through the ages both from the weather and peoples that happened upon the small community. I could almost feel their pain and smell the blood spilled during storms and invasions.

As I finished reading, a noise outside my door caught my attention and I moved cautiously toward the open doorway. It was a moonlit night and in the shimmering whiteish light of the moon the small figure that stood at the doorway was clearly visible. It was a small child, age about five years by the looks of her. Her clothing torn and dirtied by falls and scrapes, her hair was a golden brown, her eyes blue like the summer sky.

As she caught sight of me, a soft shy smile replaced the frown on her lips and her eyes lit up as a tear ran down her cheek. She spoke rapidly as if trying to make excuses for something wrong she had done. Her words were simply *Can you help me? I'm Lost.*

(to be continued...)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gently I took her hand and led her inside. I lifted her to the chair, her fraile body trembling from the cold night air or from fear, I was not sure. I wiped the tear from her eyes and pushed back a lock of hair and smiled. She smiled slightly and began looking about the cabin, her eyes searching, it seemed, then they stopped as she looked upon the pot of stew in the fire.

I cleaned up the young girl's face and body as best I could and took and old dress from my childhood for her to wear, while her own was washed. After eating of bit of stew and some milk she yawned and slipped into a deep sleep. As I watched her, she seemed to be having a troubled dream and I wondered what had happened to bring her to my doorsteps. Shaking off a feeling of dread I sat watchfull thru the night. I decided that in the morning I would find someone to care for the child while I went out in search of any information that would lead to the child's family.

The morning was crisp and clear and the early morning sun spread it's warmth upon the land. A slight breeze stirred the fallen leaves as I mounted my horse and headed around what used to be Lock Lake then headed south toward the City of Britain. I had heard tell that the City had a new King, Lord Blackthorn. The news had traveled fast thru the lands near and far. I decided to visit the palace while in the city. I also stopped by the blacksmith to repair my weapons and armor and then headed to the stables to rest my mount.

Each place the same question I asked. "Was there any news of a lost child." Some would question why I asked and I would explain trying to give all the detail about the child I could but always the same answer no one had heard anything about a child being missing.

I continued thru the city stopping at every door intent on finding the child's family. Britain was a big city and soon dusk had fallen. By now the whole of Britain was probably whispering about the lost child I was sure. I was not sure what to do if I found nothing here. I headed toward the City Mint and as I neared heard commotion and sounds of battle.

As I neared, I came upon a group of citizens killing frost spiders and I wondered why frost spiders were in Britain. As I listened, Linsey, the Spider Caretaker, claimed that these spiders were not bad spider but the nice ones, she also spoke of mending the gate but that the spiders kept getting out. She even asked those around her if anyone had seen who was letting her babies out. Seeing no gate I was a bit confused but so many things in this new land confused me. I thought it strange that anyone would keep spiders for pets or even call them babies, but then who was I to question the eccentricities of others, I had my own.

My mind wondered a bit thinking to myself, *If these were the nice ones, as she claimed, did that mean that the not so nice would come through those gates as well?*.

Groups went out in search of the gate Lindsey spoke of, most returned with no news. Slowly the multitude of citizens went about their daily tasks while some sat closeby watchful. I could not help wondering if this was perhaps a prelude of things to come and if so, perhaps the guard, if there was still a guard, should be reassembled to protect this Great City of Britain and others that might be in peril.

As I was leaving I passed a peasant Hailing Lord Casca as the King...Was this a ghost from the past? My head swirled with confusion, I had a sudden feeling as if something was wrong, very wrong... I mounted my horse and headed home in the darkness of night.

(To be continued)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The skies rummbled in anger, the wind sang out in agony, the Spider king reared his head up and gave his command. All those present in the nest readied for battle to begin...The Citizens of Britain waited, their watchful eyes never closing as guards were posted asked to report immediately upon the first sign of spiders on the city streets. Some took turns napping as others kept watch the alert would be sounded no matter what!

In the distance sounds could be heard, *clank clank* sounds of weapons perhaps or armor being armed. The sound seems to announce a battle about to begin. The seemingly endless wait continued, Britainnians and visitors to the city watchful for any sign of the Spiders that plagued the city's streets. The afternoon sun falling slowly toward the western skies, streaks of grey and gold coloring the clouds. A slight breeze almost seemed to whisper the approaching of night.

As I approached the cabin outside Cove, I immediately knew that something was amiss. The door stood wide open and as I stepped inside I spotted the Lady who was keeping watch over the child unconcious but alive on the floor. She stirred as I pushed her hair from her face and tired to sit her up, rather flustered she tried to explain .

*They took her I tried to stop them, but they took her* was what she said.

She could remember nothing more for she had been hit from behind. Only one thing seemed to have registered in her minds eye, an eye patch on one of the men who had taken the girl.

After helping her up and sending her home, I sat at my desk contemplating my next move. *Could it have been pirates?* I asked myself almost audiably. I had not seen pirates this close before...was it even pirates at all or simply a man who had lost an eye in battle somewhere...So many questions filled my head as I wondered about the cabin searching for clues.

I would continue my search for the girl but with no clues how would I ever find her again. Perhaps someone had seen her, I thought hopefully...I ask those I came upon on the roads in my travels. Perhaps one day I would come upon the girl once more. All I could hope was that she would be unharmed perhaps those that took the girl were the girl's family or someone hired to find her. For once I felt a tinge of fear...A fear of the unknown..for I could not see anything reguarding the girl...

In Britain the watch continued as before...The approaching of night seemed to send chills through the bodies of those that had no way to fight the eight legged creatures that invaded their city and perhaps their homes in the end...

The towers were manned , the walls secured, the castle draw bridge ready to be lifted at the first sign of danger if need be. The Spider King laughed as he gazed about his minons and still he voiced no attack. One might wonder why he waited, could it be he had more devious plans?

Darkness fell upon the city, guards yawned with inactivity. The citizens of Britain boarded their windows for the night as the cool night air swept through the empting streets. Still they watched those dedicated to the safety of the citizens. Stew pots sent a delicious smell in the breeze as if tempting those spiders to come. The Spider King watched silent, a sinister smile upon bloody lips and waited once more. Night was upon Britain and the City slept, a restless sleep filled with images of what the new day would bring...

Last edited:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A day dawn as usual, the warming of the morning sun upon the lands was welcomed after the cold winter months. Spring seemed to be creeping into Britannia almost as slowly as the spiders. There had been no sign of those eight legged creatures in the past two or three days and some wondered if they had finally been locked behind those gates. Lindsey, however, remained which only led us to believe the worst was yet to befall the City of Britain.

Lindsey was upset, this was clearly visible as I stood there listening. She asked if anyone had seen the culprit that had let her babies out. She claimed to be mending the fence but they would still get out. She seem to ask for us to feed her pets but that must have been something in the back of her mind for she seem to correct herself straight away and in a new twist she all but threaten that all would die for killing her pets. Yet, Lindsey also stated *We have to closed up this gate this week. I can't take this anymore* This would explain the lack of spider activity but still...

Citizens remained vigilant especially since the appearance of the void disturbance that had appeared almost as the spiders disappeared. I wondered what the relationship between the two was or even if there was a relationship at all. I stood there watching Lindsey and listen to her threat. An uneasiness crept under my skin almost like that fear of the unknown had before. The question in my head kept going back to Lindsey.. Who was she? Where had she come from? And why did she reamain?

I also questioned who the *We* was in her statement. Who was Lindsey refering to?

So many unanswered questions, as the sunny morning turned to afternoon, still the spiders seemed to hold back. By late afternoon it seemed evident that they would not come...Yet we waited...Soon night would be upon us, Would they strike in our sleep? Lindsey's threat seemed to have captivated the attention of the guardians of Britain...for now...

My thoughts turned to the girl who had come in the night and then disappeared almost as fast as she came. Who had taken her, was she well or hurt. Torn between the concern for the child and concern for the citizans of this city...and unable to do anything about either, I decided to stay in the city for a few days to see what if anything transpired...

The evening sun was setting on the western horizon casting eerie shadows over the city of Britain. The breeze seemed warmer then usual, the skies clear as stars twinkled like diamonds on black velvet. All was quiet as some barred their windows for the night. At the City square (bank) a constant buzzing of bees in the void disturnbance could not go unnoticed.

I closed my eyes briefly and imagined a giant monsterous pink Bee coming out of the void to attack the citizens. I opened them back up and laughed a bit at my silliness and hoped it would not or could not happen... I had never seen a bee attack that I could recall...and yet I wondered if it was possible in this ever changing world...glancing at the Void disturbance, my mind reeled as a past memory came to mind.

The Void Pool...was it possible that this is where the spiders were headed...Had Cora gained command over the arachnid as she had with other creatures? Remembering the battles fought there, I shuddered silently and vowed to go investigate...

Last edited:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(witches of Cove Journal)

Sunlight streamed through the stained glass on the windows sending a kaleidoscope of colors though the room. I marveled at the beginning of each day the beauty that was freely given to us to enjoy. The warm breeze seeped in taking the chiil off the air in the room as I slipped out of bed. There was little time to waste so much had to be done before another attack came. In no time I was dressed and headed out the door toward the place where spiders seemed to appear.

As I approached the area on my alternate ego form (My Gargoyle!) I found a battle in progress. One lone Spider, giant one at that and golden in color, was being thought a lesson for trespassing into our city. The battle was long but one lone spider was no match for the citizens of Britain and soon it fell to it's death. Glancing to Lindsey over to Lindsey, I was shocked to see that she was no longer in human form. She had taken the shape of her children it seemed. She was beautiful!

The golden spider seemed to sit on the pedestal where the Bell of Courage sat. Her shimmering gold form seemed to reflect specks of red from it's body. Yet, there was no mistaking the fact that she was angered by the death of her "children". Her previous threat from days past echoed in her new words..."You will all pay for harming my children, you will all die for this!" Speaking of the previous encounter with the Giant Golden Spider it was followed by further threat.."This is but a taste of what is to come, so be prepared to die!" Her weeping made my heart sink as I listened.

I began to wonder who had really let her children lose and most of all who had brought them to Britain. Perhaps there was a force at work here that none had considered. Could there really be another King, looking toward Lindsey, or Queen that was trying to rival Britain's New King, Lord Blackthorn? My thoughts were lost for a moment, I had never really learned much about King Blackthorn..was it possible that he was evil and all this was his doing? I could not sense anything but then I was sure the King would have his Wizards at work preserving his affairs...All I had was questions and no answers...One day I was sure all the answers would come to light.

Glancing to the Void Disturbance memories of the Void Pool flooded my mind I had gone there to investigate but had found nothing amiss. All was as it had always been for the time being. I sat on my mount thinking as I listened to Lindsey for the moment ...and thought about the final battle that would surely come.

My only concern was that when it did... Would Britain survive...

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Final Battle

Darkness fell upon the lands, the eerie sounds of movement could be heard as some shifted uneasily while waiting for the spiders to attack. Lindsey's threat all but clear that it would be devestaing to all. The skies were clear the moon shone brite, the call of the night owl sounded as if summoning the attack and at the same time the unseen gate opened almost beconing to all with a hiss a voice spoke. *My spiders are hungry come feed them if you dare.!*

The gate was entered by all present glad to fight this battle away from the city where innocents might perish and the battle began. The spiders came from all sides different types and shapes. The bloody battle began...the smell of death filled the air with each breath. Laughter could be heard as if Lindsey was laughing at us all as one after another valiant warrior fell. Her snears could be heard as her spiders died as well. Some spiders seemed to reflect the damage to the warrior others turned warriors to stone and then duplicate them somehow, it seemed the evil in each was made a twin of the original as if we were fighting ourselves to survive.

As time went by we could see that the battle was slowly coming to an end and a cry of pending victory was heard which only fueled the desire of victory in all until the final spider lay dead upon the bloody ground. Britainnians had overcome the invasion of spiders that had threaten the city for days. A cheer of all present as all slowly headed for their beloved City of Britain. Exhausted and bloodied but alive. Victory was ours. Where the spiders had come from and who had sent them was unclear. The reason for their attack also unclear. Perhaps it was a test, or maybe a omen of worst things to come but for now Britain was safe once again.

As I reached Britain dawns early light led the way. A glace was given at the dew drops sparkling like diamonds on the spider webs that would always remind me of this day. Lindsey had vanished perhaps lay dead among her spiders, I do not know. The Dark Lady was present commending those for their bravery and welcoming them all back. I admired the courage that had been displayed by there people who I now shared a home with...most I knew little of...others I knew nothing about. All I knew for the moment is that they had gallantly battled for the City of Britain and their lives...Long Live Britain! Was the last cry I heard as I headed for my cabin ourside of Cove.

The thought of that lost girl filled my mind as the morning sun warmed the lands on the way to what I now called my home.

-Fin-

(Was a great event Mesanna. Congratulations to all the Winners. I had alot of fun!)

Last edited:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The City of Britain began to buzz with activity as a tree appeared by the city mint. Ohhhs and ahhhs could be heard throughout the land as more and more gathered to observe this phenomena. One by one they approached the tree and one by one they began plucking at it's limbs. Some jumpped back in surprise as the small reddish tree appeared on their person, a token of the previous battle persay and perhaps a way to remember those that galantly battled for the safety of the City of Britain.

Word seemed to spread to other lands and more and more came, all intent on holding a piece of history of our land. I watched silently unable to smile... remembering the bloodshed that had taken place the previous day. It had been a great battle and even a greater Victory that would not be forgotten for it was written in the minds of many from peasant to warrior and more. Long Live Britain.

Only one thing came suddenly into my mind....Where had Our King been during all this...? Perhaps he was on some other quest I'm sure he would have been present if he had known..

(Thanks for the participation reward Mesanna. I'm sure many appreciate the thought! Again Great Event Congratulations to All)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Volcano

Early morning teardrops of dew settling on open petal arms, as the sweet scent of nectur draws the butterfly upon the opening blossoms bathed in morning's shimmering sunlight. A spider's webs glissen in the morning's light, as the soft song of feathered creatures sings the day's lullaby. All things were as they should be this one sunny morning, all things of beauty on this one summer's day. Beneath all the wonders of the lands bathed in warmth, a low menacing rumble began slowly to grow.

A slight tremble was felt by all those above, the scrurring creatures looked up toward the sun. The flowers enjoying the morning sunlight seem to tremble along with the rumble from far far below. The skies slowly darkened as winged creatures took flight, seeming to know what was coming from the lands far below. The breath of the day had came to a complete stop, as all that had reveled in the beauty of morning felt the sudden protest that could only bring death.

The rumble became louder, the lands seemed to shift, the flowers sunk deeper as if hiding their gifts. The sounds all around them screamed their warning to all, *run, run little creatures be safe before nightfall*. Looking up toward the mountain that shadowed the valley below, a cloud of dark billowing smoke began to grow. The lands screamed in protest the assault they had felt, as a bright glow of fire surrounded the mountain peak.

Rivers of fire began to stream down the mountain side, their path unforgiving. toward the valley below. All manner of creature made haste and scurried away from what now laid is waste. The flowers were lost in the firey blaze, the once sweet scent of the breeze now was filled with a dark sufferous haze.
The once bright sunny morning, from not long before, was now a dark firey blaze filled with death and gore. The scent of death was all around, the bodies lay scattered on scronned ground. No more did the weather creatures sing their joyful songs, they now sang in sorrow of all that was lost. The haze of sunlight slowly dimmed, as nightfall covered the lands and lost it's gleem. Far beneath this battleground filled with death, the last of the firey flows slowed, the end was near for all to know.

The hazey skies began to clear and night time stars lit up the darken skies. The night time breeze began to slowly drive away the sufferous scent of death and deciet and the lands once more settled back down in defeat. The golden moonlight filled the skies promising once more a new beginning for those left behind. Silence fell upon the valley below as all manner of substance began to grow. As if given an order all began to heal awaiting the new day and all the beauty that it would reveal.

As early morning dawns on the valley below, all manner of creature looked up toward the mountain now silent with new found respect, not knowing what would happen or what to expect. The shimmering sunlight bathed the land with it's healing warmth, because after all it was just as it should be, another beautiful sun-filled day once more.