• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stop redirecting me upon log in, please.

John Merchant

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care what is going on in the towns, but please stop sending me to Jhelom every time I log in. It is really getting annoying. I will take my chances if there is spawn, but most of the time there isn't even an invasion. It just redirects you out of any city and into Jhelom.

Do the citizenry of Britannia really need this sissy hand holding? There is no adventure left in the game, if the devs move us to a safe location, because of an event.

Very, very lame....and truly inconvenient having to get back to the city that I looged out in.

D

DHMagicMan_1

You know what's going on right now, why don't you think ahead and log out someplace else, like Malas, a house, maybe someplace in Fel? If you log out in one of the "Invasion Towns" between now and when they announce the end of the events, you deserve what you get!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, considering the probability of logging into massive lag depending on the spawn in the area, I think it's a good idea. Wouldn't want to login with dragons/ greater dragons, etc all around you, would you? Or better yet, the Crimson Dragon :p

John Merchant

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, considering the probability of logging into massive lag depending on the spawn in the area, I think it's a good idea. Wouldn't want to login with dragons/ greater dragons, etc all around you, would you? Or better yet, the Crimson Dragon :p
In the old days, you could log right in the middle of anything. It provided some excitement. Hey, actually a chance of being killed by something unexpected. Today, players choose exactly when and where they die. This game is losing all element of risk.

John Merchant

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you deserve what you get!
No, I don't deserve what I get. That is the most rediculous load of bull crap I've seen in a while. You players that kiss the backside of the UO dev team like they're ripe cherry tomatos should grow a pair.

If I log, lose connection, or become logged off in a town, I should be able to log back in that same spot. If that is to a black and white screen, then so be it. That would be deserving what I get. The actual risk of playing an MMORPG!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I agree with what you're saying 100%.

You know the Devs would rather listen to 1 or 2 people pancake about being redirected than the 1000's of posts pancakes about being killed upon log-in/recall.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the old days, you could log right in the middle of anything. It provided some excitement. Hey, actually a chance of being killed by something unexpected. Today, players choose exactly when and where they die. This game is losing all element of risk.
well, to be honest, logging in to a lizardman or ratman invasion wasn't terribly dangerous :p But maybe I forget what it was like back when armor wasn't so uber :p

HOWEVER, I do wish I could recall into the towns during an invasion :D

J

jelinidas

You know what, I do agree with most of what ya say.

BUT...I sure wouldnt state it as you did. Ya sound like your fourteen and you big brother taught you some new words.

Grow UP. Have Fun, Be Safe. And...get over it. :mf_prop:

T

T_Amon_from_work

If one KNOWS they could be logging out in a battlezone AND they know doing so even when it's quiet they WILL get warped when they next log in ... why do it?

It's like asking someone to give you a right-cross to the jaw and whining when they do!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
getting disconnected from the game?
thats not even a factor i would consider when judging game play, much less the risk side of things.

this event has been awesome so far. i could care less about the redirecting. however the recall thing is weird, wonder why they didn't just stop the recall

W

Warrior of Time

You could always log out about 2 tiles outside the city. Also recalling just outside the city will work. No need to jump right into the middle.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, the redirecting handles one particular exploit beautifully.

If your tamer's pet gets into trouble, then you can't log out and back in to get your pet out of trouble with no consequence. You would have to go back to the town after your misguided log out and search for the now-ghost of your pet (depending on the town, Britain is murder on pets).

For that alone, I like the redirection.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care what is going on in the towns, but please stop sending me to Jhelom every time I log in. It is really getting annoying. I will take my chances if there is spawn, but most of the time there isn't even an invasion. It just redirects you out of any city and into Jhelom.

Do the citizenry of Britannia really need this sissy hand holding? There is no adventure left in the game, if the devs move us to a safe location, because of an event.

Very, very lame....and truly inconvenient having to get back to the city that I looged out in.
It's truly inconvenient to recall to Luna, walk to a Moongate, then walk from the Moongate to your city of choice?

If you logged in and died instantly, wouldn't that be even more inconvenient?

And let's not forget a sudden client crash.

Or logging in, having one of those weird login delays, only to realize your backpack's been robbed dry while you were "Entering Brtiannia."

While I could have been fine if they'd never instituted this, I also don't find it to be in any way something to complain about.

If you want the risk feel free to go back to an invaded city and hang around.

-Galen's player

A

Aboo

Let's see all the Devs need to do is code the game so that YOU, and anyone else like you, is left where they log in no matter the consequences and code it so that everyone else who would rather be safe upon login is redirected. Shouldn't be a problem now should it?

K

Kensai Tsunami

how about trying to get out of heartwood when yew is invaded?
ha!!

i took my poor little mule thru the gate, not even thinking i would pop out in the midst of hordes of monsters, esp since i was led to believe i would be re-directed to jhelom.
less than 2 secs the poor sap was toast and i lost all the recipes and everything on the char since it has no honor and not even a peacer could get me to my body. i didnt cry and whine about it tho it really sucked. i just took my dumb butt to the house and re-eqipped and tried to forget all the time i spent getting all that stuff.

another time i was re-directed to the 'safe jhelom' on a char that i hadnt logged into for a while. i musta been in one of the invaded cities and found myself instantly moved to jhelom only to stand face to face with 5 fiends and 3 or 4 others critters. the char is a wimp and died pretty quick. again, i didnt go off and **** and moan. whats the point? it does no good. no one cares about a crybaby.

so they didnt think it all thru as well as they should have. OOOO ...travesty!

my point is ...not everything works the way you think it should.
stop crying and try to enjoy what you have.
you will be much happier.
:violin: