• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Stone form

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stone form buff describes the following effects:
-10% swing speed.
-2 cast speed.
+9% all resists.
+4% all resist caps.
+18% damage increase

Two things:

the +18% damage increase does not display in character status when all other effects do, I will presume that the +18% damage increase does not work.

Also the description of -2 cast speed in incorrect, it should read
"Reduces faster casting to 0" the two things are not the same.

(also there is no reason for there to be 2 buffs, the poison immunity could simply be added to the description of stone form)

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I just tested on Atlantic, using a composite bow drag slayer, I was hitting a greater dragon for 34-42 average without stone form, and exactly the same with stone form : 34-42. I remember have tested it in pvp it was the same. Note that I should be hitting for 41-50 or wathever it rounds up to with stone form, but I was seeing exactly the same numbers as without. So the 20% damage increase is borked and need a fix. Its a spell from Stygian AByss Expansion, and hell its not even working allright now and none have noticed, really sometimes uo nothing to understand......

But for the -2 fc part, I dont see any trouble : when I put 2 fc I get to 0. When I put 1 fc i get to -1. And when im at 0 fc, when in stone form I become -2. Not sure whats the problem can you tell me what was your race or were you using some spells like protection ?

Last edited:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a cap for di. If you have reached it, your probably not getting more from stone form.
Some paladins run around with more than 2 FC.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes thats true, but I thought the 20% would count towards items but nah its probly counting towards abilities and spells which is capped at 300% ( or dragon slayer)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, this is interesting, you can indeed raise your casting over 0 in stone form with enough faster casting to counter the -2 faster casting that stone form gives.
But the casting description is still not quite right, we don't have "cast speed", we have "faster casting"

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Yes I just tested on Atlantic, using a composite bow drag slayer, I was hitting a greater dragon for 34-42 average without stone form, and exactly the same with stone form : 34-42.
The damage increase from stone form works the same way that the horrific beast damage increase functions in that it only affects melee damage. It does not affect ranged damage at all.

But the casting description is still not quite right, we don't have "cast speed", we have "faster casting"
I do agree that the stone form buff icon should display with "-2 faster casting" as well as the "+X% melee damage".

I have submitted a problem report into the system on the stone form buff icon text as well as the horrific beast buff icon text.