• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stolen

A

Arch Magus

Don't forget to check people's weapons, even though 99% of the time it's insured, there's still that 1%, like this....

Cheers!

S

Sweeney

While I can't speak for everyone.. where is the before pic?

S

Sweeney

Sweeney, you are universally negative.
Sometimes.. it's just that I can post individual pics of many nice items and claim they were stolen (actually this thread never mentioned anything was stolen.. just a "beware")

This forum isn't about the items taken.. it's about the story, from before to after. The stalking, grab, and aftermath are the important parts.

I don't care if you snatch bandages.. if the story is good it makes my list. But without before and after pics (during pics are the best though), it's all just my word against the ops, no proof.

T

The Green Thief

Sometimes.. it's just that I can post individual pics of many nice items and claim they were stolen (actually this thread never mentioned anything was stolen.. just a "beware")

This forum isn't about the items taken.. it's about the story, from before to after. The stalking, grab, and aftermath are the important parts.

I don't care if you snatch bandages.. if the story is good it makes my list. But without before and after pics (during pics are the best though), it's all just my word against the ops, no proof.
qft

A

Arch Magus

sorry I don't have a picture program, i just use print screen.

you don't have to believe, and frankly I don't care if youdo.

you've never posted anything Sweeney. :bored:

A

Arch Magus

And Greenthief probably can't cut it in aos.

where's your stories?
do youeven play?:loser:

A

Arch Magus

This forum isn't about the items taken.. it's about the story, from before to after. .
HAHA. this forum isn't about crap. it's just old has beens, and you acting like you're gonna start stealing soon.

all of which don't do anything but pancake here occassionally. :next:

T

The Green Thief

Gotta love the rewriting of history that goes on around here. Way to keep down the masses. Now I see why Rico took off.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually resurrected this forum when I decided to post my stories, funny what happened when I stopped.

Honestly, just a bunch of children running rampant....I find very little benefit from posting since all I tend to see is criticism from one another...considering we are all thieves here.....and people just talk ****.

Example -- I brought a method of stealing to this forum that shows people on a Production shard that you can be persuasive enough to steal high end items.....but people think that's ridiculous around here.

All in all, I enjoy my times, felt like I should share them....too bad that most of the people that talk ****, just do that.

Try walking the walk every now and again instead of bashing people. :thumbsup:

D

DevofLS

I actually resurrected this forum when I decided to post my stories, funny what happened when I stopped.

Honestly, just a bunch of children running rampant....I find very little benefit from posting since all I tend to see is criticism from one another...considering we are all thieves here.....and people just talk ****.

Example -- I brought a method of stealing to this forum that shows people on a Production shard that you can be persuasive enough to steal high end items.....but people think that's ridiculous around here.

All in all, I enjoy my times, felt like I should share them....too bad that most of the people that talk ****, just do that.

Try walking the walk every now and again instead of bashing people. :thumbsup:
Actually, I think there are people who do read this and enjoy the stories and tactics other people use, like myself, I just tend to read more then post but I hate to see good people get discouraged thinking that all there is, is forum trolls.

P

Playhardgopro

Oblivion, most people would agree your method of stealing is 'scamming', within the UO universe at least. If it's not illegal then that's great for you, but it is exploiting a loophole.

Your stories are interesting to a point (usually only if someone throws a tantrum) but a story of a 'legitimate' theft/chase etc is always going to be more entertaining than a screenshot of a player who has been cheated/fooled into losing an expensive item.

R

RichDC

a story of a 'legitimate' theft/chase .
Ive had a hard time finding these recently, even thefts at champs havent got me the chase i crave...not even now im in factions!!!

People seem to ignore the lowly thief :(

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oblivion, most people would agree your method of stealing is 'scamming', within the UO universe at least. If it's not illegal then that's great for you, but it is exploiting a loophole.

Your stories are interesting to a point (usually only if someone throws a tantrum) but a story of a 'legitimate' theft/chase etc is always going to be more entertaining than a screenshot of a player who has been cheated/fooled into losing an expensive item.
Oooo...this is a fun one:

So....what about my method is scamming, illegal, or exploiting? Is it my fault that people are naive and ignorant and decide to un-insure their items in Felluca? I do nothing that is even close to bending the rules; and I do nothing against the game's mechanics.

Who said I was trying to entertain anyone? Think I could really give a ****? I'm here to have fun being a thief. Sad part is....about 99% of thieves here can't do what I do, or steal items like I can (which are actually of value, on a production shard, with insurance)....so they pancake about it.

I've never cheated a player, nor fooled anyone....I've taught many people lessons about what not to do in Felluca when it comes to handling their items. I've never once told ANYONE to un-insure any items....they do it willingly. Not my problem.

So in short -- call it "scamming/exploiting/cheating/tricking/fooling/sneaking/etc." because I really don't give a ****.....case and point, i'm the best you'll see so deal with it. Stop crying and complaining that you could only be as good as me. Period.

Also --- to those that are thieves, what ever method you choose to follow, go for it. Remember we are thieves....and I still really can't fathom the fact of why our thieves complain how one has mastered the art.

S

Sweeney

I may have some issues with how things were done (though I tried keeping my personal feelings to PMs). The things that made me want to become a thief again were the stories.. I've said many times, I don't care how it happens, make it interesting.

Even if you need to embellish a little (as is everyone's poetic license), the story is what makes the grab.

And OhmyGED.. I had some nice grabs in competition with yours, it's the sin of pride that makes you think you were the only one who had steals during the times you posted.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may have some issues with how things were done (though I tried keeping my personal feelings to PMs). The things that made me want to become a thief again were the stories.. I've said many times, I don't care how it happens, make it interesting.

Even if you need to embellish a little (as is everyone's poetic license), the story is what makes the grab.

And OhmyGED.. I had some nice grabs in competition with yours, it's the sin of pride that makes you think you were the only one who had steals during the times you posted.
Everyone has a reason, it's a matter of opinion.

And i'm not disagreeing with you at all --- and if I can recall I've never attacked or disregarded anyone who has made a theft. Pride....yes, but I'm not sitting here saying "I'm the only one making steals" i'm saying that people should stop talking **** about how I play the game. Period.

R

RichDC

. Stop crying and complaining that you could only be as good as me. Period.
If this is you saying your the best...You will NEVER be the best, for a few reasons:

1) youre attitude.

2)your lack of story telling prowess.

You should take a leaf from Chad Sexingtons book and even Nightstalkers. Now they are good thieves.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is you saying your the best...You will NEVER be the best, for a few reasons:

1) youre attitude.

2)your lack of story telling prowess.

You should take a leaf from Chad Sexingtons book and even Nightstalkers. Now they are good thieves.

Blah, Blah, Blah. Maybe in your eyes....but surely the truth won't change. :D

Sorry, i'm not here for Kindergarden story time -- i'm here to make good steals on valuable items. Hmmm....do real life criminals or thieves look to steal low end crap, or go for the high end ticket items?

Wait....only the best thieves can pull of grabs on high end items. Hmmm.....

So you have your form of judgment...I have mine. We're different, tis life.

C

CroMag1980

You should steal a leaf from Chad Sexingtons book and even Nightstalkers. Now they are good thieves.
I notice prior to two of Chad's "breaks" (around episode 100 ish and 200 ish) the stories seem to subtly change to include more pking. I think that might have been ultimately self defeating - almost like he enjoyed the process of stealing more than the end result of just grabbing something off someones' corpse.

*crickets*

Ok I'll leave.

B

Black magick

How ironic this is, you're telling people to play their game and to each his own, yet saying those who don't give a damn about an items value are idiots, not to mention comparing the game to real life. LOL Seriously dude, step away from the computer for a while.