• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Still worth it?

AntiquarianNuja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Now that forged pardons have dropped in value, I'm wondering if t-hunting is still worth the effort. On average I can get 5 lvl 6 tmaps an hour, and it seems as if it would be easier to just sell them rather than spend the effort digging them.

What are all the other t-hunters doing?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh the Pardons have never been the larger part of my income. Legendarys and clean jewels is.

So i buy maps, dig chest, loot and sell.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I make plenty due to the pinks, blues, and essence. Anything else is added bonus!

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just to verify, you are getting legendary and clean jewels from level 6s not lvl 7s ?
I ask because I keep toying with the idea of making a melee thunter. I am sure I can get him in to shape to solo 6s, but I doubt I could solo 7s on a melee build.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say i get better or equall loot from lvl6. lvl7 is jsut a bit more anoying and takes longer to solo so not worth it.
But do legendaries drop still from lvl6? Maybe RNG hates me, but I have not seen any in awhile.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been getting a few more legendaries in level 6 chests. I wish they would bump the percentage for a level 7 map in the chest. I have only gotten one of those in quite some time.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm calling Shennagins AGAIN!!!

I'm noticing a seeing a MAJOR decline in quality and intensity beginning this Saturday August 1st. They changed something....

I do alot of maps you guys...ALOT!! With the EC client in grid form I blaze through the chest to see what is what, and I'm telling you they downgraded the maps once again.

Felucca Maps appear to have been nerfed and are now on par with the trammel facet maps (which they should be), however from my point of view that makes doing any treasure hunting at all essentially worthless.

I did 10....count em'...10 Level 7 Malas maps, and came up with one mediocre Legendary Artifact. 800+ items and how much game time for 1 so so item?

I'll go about another week, perhaps until this weekend until I hang up my Treasure Hunter once and for all.

What I get a kick out of is we get players on the boards asking " Did you guys (the Devs) change something" and everytime it's "No we didn't change anything...blah blah blah"

BS!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well all I can say is that I have gotten some on the last few maps that I did. I never said they were good, just that I got some.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Like this you mean? I mean this piece below is absolute garbage...nothing Legendary about it. I've seen better majors, even better greaters...

Weird greater artifacts/major artifacts are popping up since Saturday. That bow below is all messed up....

I don't think I've ever seen a bow with Stamina increase! You guys!?

It's like the bow wants to be a piece of armor!:tongue:

Tell me I'm crazy...

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah the last legendary I got was unraveled since it was so bad, was an embarrassment to legendary artifacts every where. :(

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Pure speculation here, but i have noticed in other games, just before an expansion comes out, you sometimes find some "weirdly" itemised gear, released prepatch, so when the mechanics change people already have/have had opportunity to get the items that are itemised toward the new character mechanics. Once again, this is my speculation, there are no sources and i am probably way off, but something to think about. That bow would be good for training :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A matter of taste I guess - I do them because I enjoy doing them. I've never had a legendary artifact in a level 6, but I don't have luck on my suit. Most of the lesser and greater artifacts I unravel for relic fragments. I like getting orbs, sots, soas, mibs, essences, cloth and more maps. The Minor Arties, vines, sashes of warding and recipes I mostly turn into clean up points, which eventually I can convert into something I can sell or use.