• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Still can't get items from EA store in Australia!

A

AirGuitarGod

I posted this on UHall but thought I would here too.

We have been complaining about this through direct emails to EA Customer Support (now there’s an oxymoron if ever there was one) and various posts on Stratics, ever since they changed the store site so that you get directed to a local version, which in Australia’s case, has less than half of the items listed in its USA counterpart.

So, if you live in Australia, there is no practical way to purchase the following:

Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss™ (Account Upgrade)
Ultima Online™: High Seas Booster
Gothic Theme Pack
Ultima Online™ Character Name Change Token Code
Ultima Online™ Character Gender Change Token Code
Ultima Online™ Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade Code
Undertaker's Staff
Britannian Ship
Woodworker's Bench
Pen of Wisdom
Ultima Online™ Eleventh Year Collection
Natural Hair Dye
Forged Metal Tool 5 Charges (100% Enhancment)
Haochi’s Pigments

So, if you happen to be a returning player living in Australia, you will not be able to upgrade your account to Stygian Abyss or High Seas!

You think that once this oversight has been pointed out that EA would immediately fix things. Not the case. After countless emails, Stratics posts, even Mesanna saying she will look into it, still no change … nothing.

Well done guys!

And you wonder why people are leaving UO?

M

Meldannen

are you sure you're looking at the right site? Go to the origin store an dsearch ultima online. stygian abyss is surely there. i'm in australia too.

V

Von Dagger

I tried logging in with Origin a few days ago and searchered for "Ultima Online" and there was no matches. I thought I must have done something wrong and was going to wait till next week when I am off work to check it out more thoroughly, but I guess now it wasn't me :)

A

AirGuitarGod

Oh well ... I finally resorted to getting a friend in the USA to buy the Gothic Theme Pack for me.
I'll be keeping an eye on the UO Store site to see if they ever get around to fixing this stuff up.