• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[sticky] Missing Objects

• Thread starter Mr Bo Jangles
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<font color=9A32CD>Oh My Goodness! My tree appeared on my lot today!! Thanks Maxis!! I Love You still

G

I am Missing a water sprayer and a bronze cat statue. I first noticed these objects missing in Test Center August 10th.

F

flitter

I lost a few crafted things and a mystic tree when I moved flitter from IH to JP. everything else seemed to make it ok. off to the bug boards I go.

A

AnnieDepressant3

I dont have a rare missing but i might as well. My mystic tree has been stuck in my inventory since the first part of the year. I have tried everything, switching lots, moving out then back in, and even avatar move. I have been to the bug boards, and nothing has been done

C

CACFia

Ok I'm confused WHERE on the bug board to post. I don't see any thread regarding missing objects. Only things like - I haven't gotten my tree/statue. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Few problems:
1. Last week I placed a cannon out on my lot but it went missing
2. Yesterday evening my roomie placed a tree out on the lot and it went missing too.
3. I took out a boxed mystic. Watered it and placed it on the lot. Later on it only looked like HALF a mystic. So I kept it back in inventory and I tried putting it out again but it stayed in inventory. Tried to do it after maint the next day but same thing the mystic kept going back in inventory. Don't dare to force the issue in case it dissapeared on me.
4. Took out a sprayerit went back into inventory. Tried again it wldnt stick. Relogged. Sprayer GONE. I'm not a happy camper

Someone please help!!!

C

CACFia

Thanks for the link. I do know where to go. Just don't know which thread as there is NO thread that talks about missing objects. LOL. Feeling incredibly frustrated. Please help someone.

G

Version 1.1234.1.0 in all cities (except Betaville)

Since it happened (I assume) on the current version.

L

LibbyDoh

<font color="purple"> </font> Lately it seems every other log in I get this message, however it has never been anything that I have noticed...like a rare. I hope someone can get this straightened out...

A

AnnieDepressant3

<font color="blue"> </font> This seems to b an on going issue with many ppl and not just me concerning the mystic being stuck in the inventory. I have posted this on the bug board, and this has been the problem since back in january. My question now is, why isnt this being fixed ? My patience (which i never have much of ) is wearing thin !!

M

Mista_a_founder

Just wondering how long does it take for them to get back to you on an issue of a missing tree? I reported it almost 2 months ago and according to the board last time I checked it was something momi was looking into.Now mabey I would understand if I bought the tree that they need to think alittle more on it .But I did'nt I earned it fair because of the age of my account and I really want it back it really means a lot to me.I really don't want them to blow my issue off.

V

vgsldy000

I have posted this to the bug boards, but am really frustrated. My new Tiger and boxed canon have poofed from existance. It took me a long time to be able to get this Tiger, and it was a gift from my husband. We were trading it between us when it gave us a Trade Ended by Server message. The Tiger could not be put out and he and the canon are now gone. This is very depressing. Nobody seems to know what to tell me or even knows if I'll ever see my Tiger again.
Can anyone help all of us who seem to be losing things that, while they may seem trivial, are important to us?

A

Al Capone TC

I've lost numerous crafts when placing them on my lot. Is there any logical explanation for this?

M

Monicah

I reported bad Bugs before like they want us to do, doesnt mean your getting your things back , it means they will fix that bug or at least try lol i havent got any good responds back when i reported things disapearing or even when maxis perged an account and deleted sims and items and simmy, when i came to reactivated my founders account not a thing on the account was there
few weeks ago i activated an account for a friend also , she had fallen on hard times and we waited 5 days so i called to see what was up with taking so long all i got from the peson on the other end of the phone was to wait, lol but he never told me to check my email and look for a code , thats how i got the game going for her i checked my email, he was rude to start with, so anyone who activates an account check your email for the code asap LMAO cause they wont tell you lol
3 yrs playing and im still here OMG must be all the great people i meet in Game ,there is so many nice people in game

G

has anyone got back a cannon thats stuck in the inventory ? i take mine out and it goes back in

B

beckatamar

I lost 2 trees in BF... : o(
I reported it.. and nothing...

G

Hey sahara,

can i give u a great idea for the development of the game here?

Thnx

V

ViolaShakespeare

Actually you should make the suggestion in the Designer's Den. There are number of forums in that area where you could place it

H

happy43asim

i just built a house and seems everytime i add window awnings and leave the property and come back they disapear all the time seems to peeve me off , i try to make my place look nice and i hate it when i want awnings and they dissapear happened again nov 17th 2005 , oh by the way i clicked on that bug icon you have didnt take me where i should post this bugggy problem so sorry had to post it here help i want awnings on my house without dissapearing on me everytime, maybe thats why no one has them on thier homes please fix this thank you

M

miana

It would be nice if you knew if your item was recoverable. I posted the loss of my mystic tree in JP in early October - I had just set it out and it was gone the next time I logged in. According to the bug boards that info was passed on a few weeks ago - but I've never got my tree back or any info about it.

G

anyone else here have the cannon problem where you take it out of your inventory but it wont stay out it goes back in.the cannon is in the inventory just broken i guess it seems fixable should i even report this or will it just be like everyone elses problem and take months

G

I was told to report that my mystic tree went missing in AV at first i couldnt palce it down its go down then pop back in invontory then I loggedo ut for 2-3hours and it was gone

H

HeatherEJ

I had my cannon in my inventory and when I tried to put it out it wouldn't let me, looked kinda clearish, then poof, no more cannon. Please help! Someone gave me the cannon and I would be really sad if it is gone forever. Heather in EJ

G

Camy
Buried Treasure
Test Center

I tried to set my one tree out from inventory and it would not stay set. It kept going back into inventory. So I rebooted and came back and it is no longer in my inventory. I did nothing but try to put it back out. It was not sold back. This happened at about 12:42 AM eastern, January 19, 2006.

L

Lord Death

My TC sim, Joe Black, missing 2 mystic trees. I don't know when they disappeared, but they're definately gone.

D

DjMacDaddy01201

jan 30th 2006 yes i had same problem last night i se one of my 3 birthday cakes out and it dissapared then i tryed to put another one out and it was not staying on the counter went back into my inventory im Toby D in Av

B

bbgreenej

May 13, 2006 - Between 9:55 PM and 10:05 PM (EST), lost 1 cannon in East Jerome from sim named Mr. Green. I was on the property "Evergreen Tree Home." I was attempting to place it on the lot, but it was resisting and later disappeared! Help!

B

bluetfire

I like to post i,m missing Mystic Tree I went too my property it was gone, I thought it was bug and wait til maintaince but next day my tree was still gone, I didnt move out or it not in my invertory i don;t where it when How do i go about too replace it or roo recover it? my Sims Name is MidnightFire in AV, can someone help me get my tree back? thank you
MidnightFire

I

imported_MARCIN2006

got hacked around January or Febuary 2005 in TC of like 5 mill 1 pet gold stautes and 1 silver pet statue and a size 8 house. Dont know who it was but my house name was Club Infinity and all i did was log out and my best friend in rl a roomie called me said why did i boot him and he said i was hacked beacuse their was a message in my bio and the house saying that i was hacked.

I allso gote scamed by a Mystic Tree in TC ine like december or Feb 2005-2006 but that was my fault and the person that stole it gote banned for some reason. I trusted her to trade it but she didnt i went to her house she and her roomies cussed at me and just booted me. I think the house was called beverly hills something i only know it was in a store house of what i remember.

T

Tristan Lewis

No not i but i know of someone who came home frome work one day and her sim had been mysteryiously deleted during main in the 26th of may. she called and theres no record of her existance no problem skills can be built back up but what about her set of 6 staues and 2 cannons. you may ask how i know she had these well because im the one that gave them to her for a wedding gift. her name was Michele Lewis in AV any results in replacing these would be much appreciated she is recreating tonight after work. ty

G

A tree disappeared from my inventory sometime between yesterday when I left TC and tonight. This time I was not even setting it out. Well, I would have been if it had stayed in the inventory.. Are the trees programed to just vanish after so long???

M

mom74sim

On Sat. morning I logged onto my account did a few things before maintnace then logged off for the day, when i returned home all of sims in my account were gone, that meant at least one year of locks effot and time was gone in a flash. I am am posting about some objects i had when my sim disapeered, I had 2 cannons, a set of pet statues, a few crafted beds and some vines. I am disapointed I will never retiive my sim back, but maybe I could get some her rares and begin to rebuild.

T

Tristan Lewis

Ok maxis said on the 30 of may that michele lewis never existed inAV well you need to look at Queen-Jammer's Friends web there are 2 michele lewis's one is 315 days old which supposedly never existed the other is only 2 days old now lets see what we can do bout the rares now that i have proof she existed and is still ageing ty

A

Amy@EJ

June 2nd, 2006 - Around 3:00 am: I checked on my East Jerome sim, Amoreena Spike, and all of my inventory was vanished. Including my Mystic Tree, St. Bernard, and some crafted objects. I do have my money, but the only thing gone is my entire inventory.
Help please!

T

Tristan Lewis

dont count on results looks as though a joke is more important ATM might be months before we hear anything on this

D

Dogsoffour

I got a tree a few days ago on my sim Dogs of three in Alphaville. It was still in the box, so I watered it. When it appeared it was deformed(1/4 gone, 1/4 always dead looking tree stage) I didn't think of it as a big deal because it still grew fruit and I coul interact with it. I moved to a different lot today and now I can't get that tree out of my inventory. It's still there now.

L

Lord Death

MISSING SIMMY ALERT!!!

When I was remodeling Frosty The Bear's lot in Calvin's Creek a couple weeks ago, I had problems putting down his silver simmy, every time I tried to place it on the lot, it would go back into inventory. Since I was no where near my object limit, I really didn't worry about it figuring that if it was in my inventory it would be safe. BIG MISTAKE!!! I just signed on and now it's gone! It's not in my inventory and it's not on my lot. I am attempting to make a post to the bug boards on player.thesimsonline.ea.com website as per Maxis Sahara's instructions, however I keep getting error messages that "The page cannot be displayed" which means that the website isn't working. This is not good. Unfortunately, I have very little confidence that I will ever get it back, but I would love to be proven wrong! I will continue to try to post this issue to the bug boards.

A

AshleyTSO

Hmm sometime during the night I went to place out my campfire and it would just disappear and end up back in my inventory I tried again and it still just wouldnt stay put. I left the property came back and I come to find my campfire had vanished from my inventory and was no where to be found on the property

G

I am missing the interaction on two campfires as of tonight. We had two lit and were trying for two ghosts and I got error 23. Needless to say, both now only roast marshmallows. Will we ever get them fixed??

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have lost 2 mystic trees this week....

[/ QUOTE ]

To this date I have lost 11 in total (excluding scammers, which is another story)

M

Mr. Gnome

I can't take my cannon out of ym inventory. It just disappears and goes back into the inventory when I ry to put it down. I don't know whats wrong with it. It didn't work at my former house and doesn't work now.

T

Tristan Lewis

Nothing Missing as of yet would like to know how long it will take to get my statues on the acct that 2 weeks ago became a year old.

I

imported_SnowAngel

Nothing Missing as of yet would like to know how long it will take to get my statues on the acct that 2 weeks ago became a year old.

I too have 2 accounts that are past due by about a month for their first year pet statues gifts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The Maxis policy is that if we can't prove it, we won't replace it. A rare is an object that is not available from the catalogue. We log deletions and trades of rares.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the third tree I have had disappear when setting it out of inventory. The other two were reported and never replaced. I have no hope they will replace this one either but will report it..

Edit is to add that I would report it if there were a way to get to the bug boards. That site is down once again, but will keep trying. Even though I know the trees are never returned once they disappear.

G

I am having a really hard time figuring out where this post really belongs. I tried link from where it said "here" but nothing there to follow but threads about never receiving Mystic Tree. My problem is not that I never received my Mystic Trees. I moved my sim from BF to AV. Set Move on the 17th and it took place yesterday the 18th of October. Turns out there were big time server issues that day. I was able to get on my property and drop my trees off. When I tried to come back to property later that day I would get the various error messages such as "a missing object may be found in the object owner's inventory or some such message. When I finally landed on property it showed no trees on lot. I had 3. Looked in inventory and two were back in inventory. I tried setting them out but it said that they were already out. so i left property and came back. Was able to put the two trees out but my third tree never did show up either on lot or in my inventory. Same with one of my sprinklers (which I am not concerned with). Is there anything that can be done about this?

Kessandra Green in Alphaville

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am having a really hard time figuring out where this post really belongs. I tried link from where it said "here" but nothing there to follow but threads about never receiving Mystic Tree. My problem is not that I never received my Mystic Trees. I moved my sim from BF to AV. Set Move on the 17th and it took place yesterday the 18th of October. Turns out there were big time server issues that day. I was able to get on my property and drop my trees off. When I tried to come back to property later that day I would get the various error messages such as "a missing object may be found in the object owner's inventory or some such message. When I finally landed on property it showed no trees on lot. I had 3. Looked in inventory and two were back in inventory. I tried setting them out but it said that they were already out. so i left property and came back. Was able to put the two trees out but my third tree never did show up either on lot or in my inventory. Same with one of my sprinklers (which I am not concerned with). Is there anything that can be done about this?

Kessandra Green in Alphaville

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry to say I don't think so Kessandra, notify the bug board is all. I also got caught with my trees down. lol I was transferring trees from one sim to the other from another city, the transfer went good with the first tree, I thought but the second tree transfer was very confusing as when I set the tree out to sell it I wasn't sure if the transaction actually happened. Both trees suddenly started falling apart then one disappeared. I rebooted but then both trees were gone. OH well

G

Today I had yet another tree disappear when I tried to set it out in TC. I will post it on bug board as soon as it will let me. And that will do about as much good as the last three times it happened there. In case I cannot get there to post, here is the info:

your sim's name, Camy

the city it happened in, Test Center

the object lost, Mystic Tree

the time it was lost, 3:50, October 30, 2006

and any other information you have, I tried to set it out of inventory. I had put the cannon and two mazes in inventory to make sure I was NOT at property limit. It just vanished and is now gone both from inventory and lot. And yes, I did try resetting the lot.

(good grief, as slow as bug boards work, I got to post there before here..)

G

I was just playing in Calvin's Creek - I released my Pink Poodle out, interacted with it a bit, then went to interact with it a bit more - and it wouldn't let me.. it seemed frozen, for no apparent reason. I then clicked it again to put it back in its kennel cage, and it poofed entirely. No kennel, no inventory, nothing - it's all gone.