• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealth gains are soooo slow

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow and I thought I was done with slow skill gains when I hit legendary on my tamer. Gains almost died once I hit 60. I am still wearing just a death robe. Any suggestions?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Try putting on some leather items?
I've not had too hard a time with it (setting the teleporters appropriately in my home helps)
Perhaps put some jewlery on to get to 65 and put on some studded?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Try putting on some leather items?
I've not had too hard a time with it (setting the teleporters appropriately in my home helps)
Perhaps put some jewlery on to get to 65 and put on some studded?
Didn't think about jewelry or anything like that. I have a cloak with +5 stealth. thanks, will give it a try :)

V

Victoria Navarre

Yeah I am training a stealther right now too. I used leather armor until 60 then I equiped studded at 75. If stealthing arround your house is slow with gains,just walk about old haven or any safe area outside of a guard zone.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been awhile since I made my stealther, so my memory may be a tad fuzzy on the actual numbers, but I started in a death robe up until around 50 or so, then switched to newbie clothes and a death robe to 60ish, then started adding leather armor pieces until I had a full suit and gains stopped. Then I started swapping pieces out one at a time for studded.

Eventually I started moving up to ring and chainmail. When I finished (I stopped at GM and rely on my suit for the last 20 points to legendary) I was wearing a mix of chain, ring and platemail pieces.

Honestly, best way to train is to get yourself a crystal ball of knowledge and set up a teleporter treadmill in your house. Add pieces and start stealthing, the ball will tell you if you're wearing the right gear for best gains or not.

B

Bill Gates OSD

If memory serves, you need witnesses for stealthing gains. I'm not sure at which level they are beneficial but I'd try that, too.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did 95% of my stealth training in my 18x18 east of Skara Brae. The only witness I had was the occasional mongbat or bird that would happen by.

E

Emma Royds

i find that when you fail to move un-noticed it was always a pain to hide again so i used moongates they auto hide you, i used to walk around umbra/luna moongate popping into them when i failed.

S

ShakaNV79

Wow and I thought I was done with slow skill gains when I hit legendary on my tamer. Gains almost died once I hit 60. I am still wearing just a death robe. Any suggestions?
I don't remember the exact times you need change armor nor the delays anymore (havent played in a while) but I can tell you how to make it ALOT easier but its kinda complicated, go to the MG lets say moonglow standing on the gate without having the mg menu up BUT still hidden start recording a UOA macro:

use the stealth skill (the actual skill dont just walk it wont record that)
stand there for a couple seconds
double click the gate and select the next gate in the list
click ok

your now at the next gate hidden

use stealth skill
stand there for a couple seconds
double click the gate and select the next gate in the list

rinse and repeat til you got a ton of em then make sure you go back to moonglow when your done with your gates then stop recording the macro without using the stealth skill after your back to glow.

now the fun part, your gonna have to put wait delays after each time you switch gates. (like 8 seconds maybe?)

enjoy

EDIT:
If you did it right, it should just make a loop dropping you back to moonglow where you can use the macro again ^^