Stealth and ninjitsu

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

treunanen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 23, 2009
I have just started to train my steather and came across few questions that Im not able to figure out. If the llama form, gives you the possibility to run at mounted speeds while stealthing, how much skill of hiding and stealth is required for the automatic stealth check to be done after I hide and start to run or is it ever done if the first step taken after hide is a running step? Does the first step need to be a walking step and then you can run or how does it go?

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 8, 2008
Lake Superior
You can't run and stealth not even in llama form. What it states I believe is that in llama or Ostard forms you can move at mounted speeds, but thats doesn't mean running. Its kind of misleading.

treunanen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 23, 2009
It seems that you can run while stealthed yes, but then the amount of steps is halfed to what it would be on your skill level and if the step which triggers the stealth check is a running step, you will be revealed.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Sonoma
The Stealth Information on Stratics is still accurate. Your stealth level determines how many steps you can run and remain stealthed.

However, being in Llama form and running is different than just running. Llama form running, is at mounted speed and stealthing at mounted speeds has never been allowed.

Q

treunanen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 23, 2009
But is it so that the first step after hiding has to be a walking step to trigger the stealth check? Alternatively I have to remain hidden and manually use the stealth skill to run without taking any walking steps. Atleast thats what it looks like :)

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Sonoma
For the auto stealth, the first step after hiding is a stealth check which you will either pass or fail. There are subsequent checks at various number of steps depending on your stealth skill.

In reference to running, once your in stealth mode you can run. You can't be running during a stealth check. So once in stealth mode run a few steps, walk a few and run a few and you should remain stealthed.

Q