• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing

saveuo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on GL and made this guy because I am getting bored with UO and the hacking in the pvp world. So what are the good things to steal. I know scrolls but what else is anyone stealing? Can you still steal items inside a bag in some ones pack?

Thx

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

stealable rares in: doom, fandancer dojo, tokuno mines.

saveuo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about stats and armor? I am...

115 wrestling
110 ninja
115 stealing
100 stealth
100 hiding
100 snooping
95 chiv

What should my str, dex, and int be? Also what armor to wear, I thought I read if you have on armor it is harder to steal.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor doesn't affect your steal chances, neither does dex. Oh, and you might want to think about dropping stealth to 80 for the extra 20 skill points.

I'd put 125 into strength strictly for the ability to get away with more loot. Also, you never know when an extra couple of hit points will be the difference between getting away or getting killed by the mark...la

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On production shards there's not much out there besides champ spawns.

saveuo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I get the message my char is to young come back in a week, This char was my miner. It is way older then a week.

Thx,

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a bug, I thought they were supposed to have fixed it already... or maybe that was next publish. But there was/is a bug where characters of the correct age get the "you're too young" message when trying to join the guild.

At any rate, the character must have at least 40 hours of playtime logged on them. So even if your character is a week old, if you only actually played him for 9 hours in that week he's still going to be too young.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might help...might...but don't hold yer breath. I have tried paging on a couple of items, usually to end up in the que for about 2 hours each time and moved from number 12 to number 8...I gave up...la

Z

Zip

Then I'd try paging a GM.
Be prepared to get canned responses (after about 4 hours) and directed to the EA website a couple of times. Eventually, you might get one that shows up to help. Usually after you're good and pissed about it, then you have to rationally explain as though you haven't already wasted days of your time on the issue. Good luck.

Z

Zip

reminds me of a quote:

Fletcher: You know what I am going to do about this?
Motorpool Guy: what?
Fletcher: Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain 8 hours out of my life and you probably won't show up and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway; so what I am going to do is **** and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!
Motorpool Guy: [tossing the keys to Fletcher] You've been here before haven't ya?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I play on GL and made this guy because I am getting bored with UO and the hacking in the pvp world. So what are the good things to steal. I know scrolls but what else is anyone stealing? Can you still steal items inside a bag in some ones pack?

Thx
Pickings are slim on prodo shards but I do my best work there....

I regularly find

Power Scrolls 115 and up
10th anniversary Artifacts Usually one of the shields or Stave
PvP quality Weapons nicked a decent Kryss tonight
Odds and Ends that don't really have a place like some of the more desirable loot talisman and some good jewelry.
Ship Keys

It really irks me though the amount of good stuff that people run around uninsured with that we aren't allowed to steal like Tokuno Dyes and what not...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really miss stealing ships. I have only snagged 5 over my time on Siege, and one of those was in deed form. It's tough, very few people use ships, and those that do, don't typically run around with keys in their packs. The 3 of the 4 ships i have stolen, I have had to steal the key, and then get a GM paged to move my character to my new ship since we can't recall of the keys on Siege.

The other one I snagged was most fun. Someone was dropping a ship in Serps hold and I happend to stroll by at this time. i walked up and started talking while snooping his pack, I stole the key unnoticed. The trick was talking him off the ship. I simply asked him to walk off the plank, and he did. At that moment, since he hadn't had time to pull the anchor, I just double clicked the tiller man, and the ship was mine. I'll have to dig up some of the screen shots, it was like 30 minutes of ranting which eventually turned to whining about the cost of ships and how i hadn't done anything to earn it.

I still laugh when I recall that steal. When people ask why i have always played a thief...that story always comes to mind...la

saveuo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In one week on GL I got a decent bow, a ship key, and a 30+ smith hammer with 519 charges. I also got some horned armor with high lrc and fire with mr 2 pants and gloves. Nothing I would wear but nice. I looted off a dead corpse, was a full set of luck armor with a weapon and shield. Again nothing I would wear because I don't pvm and belive in luck. I got lots of new style aids, pots and bolas. I got a 110 resist scroll. Not many spawns going on right now.

How am I doing?

A

Arch Magus

In one week on GL I got a decent bow, a ship key, and a 30+ smith hammer with 519 charges. I also got some horned armor with high lrc and fire with mr 2 pants and gloves. Nothing I would wear but nice. I looted off a dead corpse, was a full set of luck armor with a weapon and shield. Again nothing I would wear because I don't pvm and belive in luck. I got lots of new style aids, pots and bolas. I got a 110 resist scroll. Not many spawns going on right now.

How am I doing?
Sounds fine.
Scout the spawns more, they'll be there.
I like to check at odd times of the day.

A

Arch Magus

I really miss stealing ships. I have only snagged 5 over my time on Siege, and one of those was in deed form. It's tough, very few people use ships, and those that do, don't typically run around with keys in their packs. The 3 of the 4 ships i have stolen, I have had to steal the key, and then get a GM paged to move my character to my new ship since we can't recall of the keys on Siege.

The other one I snagged was most fun. Someone was dropping a ship in Serps hold and I happend to stroll by at this time. i walked up and started talking while snooping his pack, I stole the key unnoticed. The trick was talking him off the ship. I simply asked him to walk off the plank, and he did. At that moment, since he hadn't had time to pull the anchor, I just double clicked the tiller man, and the ship was mine. I'll have to dig up some of the screen shots, it was like 30 minutes of ranting which eventually turned to whining about the cost of ships and how i hadn't done anything to earn it.

I still laugh when I recall that steal. When people ask why i have always played a thief...that story always comes to mind...la
:hahaha::bowdown:
I love it. :D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sounds fine.
Scout the spawns more, they'll be there.
I like to check at odd times of the day.

Yeah I like the odd times like the last couple hours before maintenance. I usually find smaller groups doing spawns then most times 3-4 people which really reduces the chance of being discovered as the spawn will keep them busier. Also it's less packs to check through...though I see 115's most the time I've not yet been blessed with a 120 dropping on someone......

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even during primetime, it seems many guilds will guard the exits while only 2-3 people actually kill the champ. More often then not there is only one person doing it with knight of justice (since they're usually crap PvM necros), so just single him out. If there's a nice scroll dropped, 50% of the time hes going to get it.

Edit: A nice tip if you don't have 120 stealth. Wait until the champ dies to move in on your mark. The gold spawning on the ground makes the same exact "puff" graphic as a shadow jump.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would really love to get into champs, but i dont know where to begin.. im just kinda playing around with my temps for a champ thief..

i was going for a stealth archer thief
120 archery
100 stealing
100 stealth
100 hiding
100 snooping
100 ninja
90 tactics

but then on that guy i took off snooping and stealing for anatomy and healing and made him pvp.

then now im making
100 magery
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 eval
100 med
100 ninja
100 resist

i was considering turning this guy into my part time champ thief and taking off eval and med for snooping and stealing..

what do you guys think?

his suit is 100% lrc, with 12 mr and 40 lmc so the med is only a pvm bonus.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Even during primetime, it seems many guilds will guard the exits while only 2-3 people actually kill the champ. More often then not there is only one person doing it with knight of justice (since they're usually crap PvM necros), so just single him out. If there's a nice scroll dropped, 50% of the time hes going to get it.

Edit: A nice tip if you don't have 120 stealth. Wait until the champ dies to move in on your mark. The gold spawning on the ground makes the same exact "puff" graphic as a shadow jump.
Reason I target spawns at odd times is because that's when I see people trying to "Sneak" a spawn in. Right now Chessy is pretty messed up on the PvP scene... the Second Largest guild on the shard, and 12th largest in UO overall is a zerg guild....I try to catch the offhour spawns where it's 2-4 people without any guards so I don't have to out run 50 speedhackers.....

S

Sweeney

i would really love to get into champs, but i dont know where to begin.. im just kinda playing around with my temps for a champ thief..

i was going for a stealth archer thief
120 archery
100 stealing
100 stealth
100 hiding
100 snooping
100 ninja
90 tactics

but then on that guy i took off snooping and stealing for anatomy and healing and made him pvp.

then now im making
100 magery
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 eval
100 med
100 ninja
100 resist

i was considering turning this guy into my part time champ thief and taking off eval and med for snooping and stealing..

what do you guys think?

his suit is 100% lrc, with 12 mr and 40 lmc so the med is only a pvm bonus.
I may be worthless when it comes to prodo.. but where is your stealth? Drop eval.. in your condition it's only helpful for PvM. Grabbing scrolls from spawns is about 95% technique, 5% skill... And stealth is 4 out of that 5%.
Other people can see you shadow jump, you need to be able to maneuver undetected. Seriously man eval is useless on a thief.. unless thieving is part time.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I may be worthless when it comes to prodo.. but where is your stealth? Drop eval.. in your condition it's only helpful for PvM. Grabbing scrolls from spawns is about 95% technique, 5% skill... And stealth is 4 out of that 5%.
Other people can see you shadow jump, you need to be able to maneuver undetected. Seriously man eval is useless on a thief.. unless thieving is part time.
Gold popping up at spawns looks identical to the *poof* that's visible when you shadowjump...I steal scrolls at spawn, I never have an issue, I find I get revealed by passive reveal almost as often at 120 stealth on my tamer as with 75 stealth with my Thief....

He'll be fine with that build if he drops Eval and Med if he wants that character to be a spawn thief, he just needs to play to it's strengths....

S

Sweeney

Gold popping up at spawns looks identical to the *poof* that's visible when you shadowjump...I steal scrolls at spawn, I never have an issue, I find I get revealed by passive reveal almost as often at 120 stealth on my tamer as with 75 stealth with my Thief....

He'll be fine with that build if he drops Eval and Med if he wants that character to be a spawn thief, he just needs to play to it's strengths....
Must be the acohol last night, I didn't see stealth in the second template. :dunce: