• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing Macro

M

moonbit

just set up macro in assist for stealing using the following

use skill (stealing)
target item
pause 11000
use skill (stealing)
target item
pause 11000

using cloaks as they are right weight when i run the macro it runs okay until i steal one then every attempt after that the macro trys to steal from my backpack instead of packy,
the only difference i can see in macro is mine says target instead of target item.

Any ideas thx

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Change item to *Item Type* if this is UOA....

No idea what it should be if your using the new client. However, some research in this forum should provide the answer (if your using the new client)

G

GreekHero

just set up macro in assist for stealing using the following

use skill (stealing)
target item
pause 11000
use skill (stealing)
target item
pause 11000

using cloaks as they are right weight when i run the macro it runs okay until i steal one then every attempt after that the macro trys to steal from my backpack instead of packy,
the only difference i can see in macro is mine says target instead of target item.

Any ideas thx

Is there any way to bring the target up when recording this macro earlier without having to wait for the 11 second timer?

G

GreekHero

This thread has a good explanation on how to set up a stealing macro.
Hi Black Sun, was able to setup my macro correctly and everything is working fine. The original problem was that you need to be waiting for skill to reset (around 7 seconds timer upon failure, or 11 upon sucess) when you record the macro. So if you are to steal 50 items it will take like 10 minutes just to record the macro. I was wondering if there is an easier way to bring the target up faster in order to record the macro faster.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should be able to create the macro by doing it once and then go to the actual Macro file and just copy and paste it till you get the proper # of attempts.

(or maybe do it twice so you get the pause between attempts)

Program Files > UOAssist > UOA-Settings > Account Name > Shard > Char Name > UOA-Macro#.cfg

Q

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could follow Quenchant's advice and edit your cfg file. Beyond that I don't know a way to bring the target cursor up to record it faster. Because you need to use a skill before each target attempt anyway. I have always just bit the bullet and recorded a macro and waited out the timers while recording.

That goes for the classic client anyway, I don't know about the enhanced client as I don't use it.