• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing from mobs?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is stealing from mobs no longer an option? It seems like I used to be able to do this or am I just confused with another game?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SO it is still possible I guess from what I saw you just use the stealing skill ant target the mob? Does it require being attacked with a pet or summoned?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just stealing and target. I use the summons to run interference, you can do it without - but each mob can only be stolen from once, so you need to kill it after the steal.

Dapeekas

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I was just trying this for the first time. I keep getting the message 'You reach into the backpack...and try to take something.' Is that essentially a failed message? I am trying to steal from an earth elemental, I have 114.3 stealing (i've also tried with jewelry to bump to 120) and keep getting the same message. I've tried multiple times on the earth eles. I've successfully stolen from other monsters in the area.

Dapeekas

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Thanks Petra, I guess the difficulty is really high. Do you know if it helps to reduce the monsters health? I'm just attempting a steal and then invis

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think so. I'm also not really sure if skill on items counts or if it's only real skill. My thief was at 120 when that publish went in, so I've never tried it with less. Sorry :(

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even with 120 stealing you will still fail a bunch. One of my thieves only has 90 real skill and I bump it to 120 with gear. Steals the same as my real 120 stealing thief. But I know having less than 120 makes you fail more.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Important to remember. The special stealable items (mana draught, seed of life, balms) are only stealable from mobs in fel.

I wasted a bunch of time in malas on it the other day then went to fel a managed to get some special items.

Same thing with refinements. You can steal them from fel towns but not in tram.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Important to remember. The special stealable items (mana draught, seed of life, balms) are only stealable from mobs in fel.

I wasted a bunch of time in malas on it the other day then went to fel a managed to get some special items.

Same thing with refinements. You can steal them from fel towns but not in tram.
That isn't correct. I get all mine in Ilshenar. You don't have to be in Fel to get those items.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
That isn't correct. I get all mine in Ilshenar. You don't have to be in Fel to get those items.
wow that is awesome. i thought it was only fel ruleset areas.

so the champ spawn areas that are in ish where you can't get pk'd will work? or are there other ish spots?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
wow that is awesome. i thought it was only fel ruleset areas.

so the champ spawn areas that are in ish where you can't get pk'd will work? or are there other ish spots?
Just the champ spawns from my understanding.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At current time that character's template is, unmodified
Detecting Hidden 100/100
Hiding 100/100
Locking Picking 100/100
Magery 100/120
Snooping 100/100
Stealing 120/120
Stealth 100/120

In addition she has a blackthorn dress taking stealth to 110/120 and if she is in need of a magery boost she has a Dragoni's spellbook, taking magery to 120/120