• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealable Artifacts.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sended this to the devs as a suggestion:

Can we get a thiefs community collection somewhere in the library or vesper museum that takes stealable artifacts.Or make a new one in Bucc den. Low levels ones are rarely stolen these days and don't sell much. Maybe a collection of these artifacts can encourage people to steal them again and turn them in for points for some interesting new thiefs rewards.

What you think?

B

Bill Gates OSD

I sended this to the devs as a suggestion:

Can we get a thiefs community collection somewhere in the library or vesper museum that takes stealable artifacts.Or make a new one in Bucc den. Low levels ones are rarely stolen these days and don't sell much. Maybe a collection of these artifacts can encourage people to steal them again and turn them in for points for some interesting new thiefs rewards.

What you think?
/signed with a big honkin' sharpie

Blue Madam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a toon that has just started his training, and I would love it if there were rewards to earn in the process.

G

Gowron

-signed-

I'd like to add this to the request. Stop the insane stacking and allow the tinker shops to be pilfered again, please.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a good idea. Now my question is would you want a community collection or something like the Tokuno turn in sysem? What type of rewards would you turn in these artifacts for? Any suggestions?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a good idea. Now my question is would you want a community collection or something like the Tokuno turn in sysem? What type of rewards would you turn in these artifacts for? Any suggestions?

I would go for the community collection because stolen artifacts have different rarity. Then the higher the artifact rarity the more points you get.
For the rewards there should be things that enhance stealing/stealthing and/or hiding. Maybe some decorative statues from stolen rare objects.
Maybe some special titles that are thief related you can choose from like for the zoo donations.

O

Old Man of UO

I would go for the community collection because stolen artifacts have different rarity. Then the higher the artifact rarity the more points you get.
For the rewards there should be things that enhance stealing/stealthing and/or hiding. Maybe some decorative statues from stolen rare objects.
Maybe some special titles that are thief related you can choose from like for the zoo donations.
Really? Who wants to collect 10,000,000 points before you can turn anything into to the Community Collections? I certainly don't, and gave up on all of my collections- those mostly benefit scriptors. There's no reason a Tokuno turn-in couldn't take into account the rarity values and give credit based on that.

But, I do like the idea of special deco items or thief/stealth items that can be obtained only through these turn-ins.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not for the 10 Million points myself. Unless they give 1 million points for a level 8 rarity artifact. ;)

It should not be too easy to get a item but also not insanely hard. Finding a right balance is always tricky. :)

G

Gowron

I think a combination of these options would be more prudent.

For stealing the semi-rares, I think incorporation into the community collection would be appropriate. This would also have to take into account that the tinkers toolbox, shafts, and such would have to be fixed as well as the smithy shop stacking problem. I haven't tried stealing from them in quite some time, but it was nearly impossible last time I tried a little over a year ago.

For stealing items with assigned rarity, I think something like the Tokuno turn-ins would be appropriate.

I agree with the previous poster that it shouldn't be insanely easy nor insanely difficult, but a happy medium between the two for this.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for rewards that benefit Stealing, Stealth and Hiding, costumes, other items for disguises could be added. I like the titles option mentioned also. Deco items could include thieves tools/grappling hook or other equipment.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea!

I'm more for a Treasures of Tokuno like system too - way cooler to hand your stolen stuff to a fence than dropping it of at the library (what are scribes doing with all that stuff anyway?) Also, please don't make the rewards be had for gold like the library. Make the players earn them through stealing.

New cool thief themed artis would be cool. I can come up with several spontaniously:

Nimble Fingers
Gloves with 10 Dex, +10 Remove Traps and mediocre resist

Silent Slippers
Shoes with +5 Stealth

Safecrackers Glasses
Reading Glasses with +5 dex, +5 str, +10 Detect Hidden, all resists 10

Trapmakers Bracers
Sleeves with +10 Hitpoints, 10% Damage Eater, very good resists (especially fire)

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I think its a nice idea, but somehow I'd prefer a new, complete "Spring Cleaning" (or sort of a cleaning anyway) we had some time ago.

This way 'only' thiefs are in favour of getting rid of their items (constantly), and Xmas and Valentines gifts/boxes/junk would still be piling up to the roof in our houses... :D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am onboard with anything that will help clean out the constant clutter we all seem to accumulate.

Thieves in particular need something though, it's to the point that dungeon "rares" aren't worth stealing (or buying/selling) unless you need a specific piece for deco. About the only time my thief goes out anymore is if I need something and I can't find it on a vendor for less than it would cost me in insurance if I died while swiping it myself.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given that it recently 'disappeared' and stopped working, replacement for the bugged dye tubs would be a useful choice - something people want, no changes to game balance of play, and a useful earner for thieves who could sell them on vendors too....

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not for the 10 Million points myself. Unless they give 1 million points for a level 8 rarity artifact. ;)

It should not be too easy to get a item but also not insanely hard. Finding a right balance is always tricky. :)
As long as they don't allow you to purchase the points from this vendor with gold, I could see a cooperative collection vendor for rarity artifacts working very well. The key is determining how to value each level of rarity and what to set the rewards at.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many server birth deco items that could be nice to see as replica like the two story statues, also the latest event items (like conjurer garb, conjurer trinket, etc...) as replica so the original ones still better.
The items of the last spring cleaning too would be nice to see available again...

That's because IMHO there are enough nice items around and many of them are no more available for new players (if not duped version for hundeds of mil)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These items already have a points value, allotted for the spring cleaning:
UO Spring Cleaning 2008 Reward Table

And I, for one, wouldn't mind a second chance to get some of the items that came from that. The firepit, the beehive, the horse barding. Not any of the clothing or armour. Tbh I think there enough different combinations of armor parts available already.
As a novelty item specific to thieves, how about a talisman of long reach, which would enable you to be 2 tiles from your target instead of right next to it (him/her)?

D

Der Rock

this idea i posted years ago ;)

ok,i would like to see :

1. like tokuno turn in

2.no more trash items (no more items we collect only for the NEXT spring clean LOL )

3.usefull items, consumables, things player like to buy from thiefs

4.only high point value items...we dont need new items wich are worthless after a few weeks
(many if not most high seas items are already worthless)

5.NO replicas of existing items (dont destroy the value of nice items)

6.pls pls think twice before you make new rewards/artifacts...so many items in game are simply trash

7. ideas:
basic lvl rewards : SA resources of all kind in 10 -50 values (random chance)

mid lvl rewards : nice NEW deco / sots 3,0 skill (random chance)

high lvl rewards :thief gloves/shield(shield could be in hand during stealing)/sleeves
imbuing :gem of imbuing (imbues 1 chosen mod)
:sots 5,0 skill

absolute high lvl reward : 1 of all existing artifacts in game- free choice

point system should start at 100 000 points for basic, 300 000 points for mid lvl
500 000 for high and 1000 000 for the absolute top lvl reward.

points for trade in should start at 500 points for lvl 1 stealables til 100 000 points for lvl 9 stealables and 1000 000 points for the lvl 12 artifact (ruined painting)

;)

D

Der Rock

IMPORTANT :

Bevore you think 1 sec about such a system, make SURE it is IMPOSSIBLE to farm spots 72h nonstop unattend !!!!!!!

we have still scripter ingame farming the higher lvl spots day by day unattend .

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:thumbup1: GREAT IDEA!

I agree ...I love to take my thief out...but after you get a few of each item, what's the point?
I got chest of the stuff, and while I can't bring myself to just trash it.
I find nobody wants to buy it, no mater how cheaply I price it.
And I could use the storage space.

:thumbup:

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 thumbs up on this idea

and 3 thumbs up on making it script-proof!!!!!!

E

Emma Royds

:thumbup1: GREAT IDEA!

I agree ...I love to take my thief out...but after you get a few of each item, what's the point?
I got chest of the stuff, and while I can't bring myself to just trash it.
I find nobody wants to buy it, no mater how cheaply I price it.
And I could use the storage space.

:thumbup:
I totally agree, people dont want to buy them, their value is almost worthless and like so many others we cant bare to bring ourselfs to trash them and end up in boxes to collect dust.

The only problem is would this include all items with the artifact tag? i personally think this would ruin the whole system (maybe another system) also the amount of reward points for each lvl should be fair to encourage us to hand in our higher lvls, say for example we need minimum 2000 points and lvl 1 gives us 1 point and with each lvl the points double so a lvl 10 would give 512 points.

As for the rewards it should be a mix of deco, useful items and weapons

B

Bill Gates OSD

Wow, thanks for responding Mesanna! :) I think that the community collection system would be best. In the spirit of being a thief, I think that the NPC where you turn items in should be in a back alley someplace though.

My suggestions for rewards are...

1: A pair of gloves that randomly gives a XX% better chance of stealing items that you wouldn't ordinarily be able to steal due to weight issues. I'd call them gloves of nimble fingers or just nimble fingers. You folks decide the AR and other enchantments. This could be the Wizard's Crystal reading glasses equivalent turn in for thieves.

2: I don't use the belt thing that holds shurikens is called but, how about a belt that acts like a quiver but holds thief items such as smoke bombs, shuriken etc? Call it a smuggler's money belt and put a low item/weight limit on it

3: This one is going to cause a huge outcry but, so be it. Thieves need to be thrown a bone. A smuggler's backpack. It is blessed and acts like a bag of sending one time per day, non-cumulative and not for items that are flagged recently stolen.

I'm sure that I'll come up with more eventually...

B

Bill Gates OSD

Great idea!

I'm more for a Treasures of Tokuno like system too - way cooler to hand your stolen stuff to a fence than dropping it of at the library (what are scribes doing with all that stuff anyway?) Also, please don't make the rewards be had for gold like the library. Make the players earn them through stealing.

New cool thief themed artis would be cool. I can come up with several spontaniously:

Nimble Fingers
Gloves with 10 Dex, +10 Remove Traps and mediocre resist

Silent Slippers
Shoes with +5 Stealth

Safecrackers Glasses
Reading Glasses with +5 dex, +5 str, +10 Detect Hidden, all resists 10

Trapmakers Bracers
Sleeves with +10 Hitpoints, 10% Damage Eater, very good resists (especially fire)
For the record, I honestly didn't see this post until after I made the one above!

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The TOT turn in idea is great...with not a lot of new artifacts to steal...or at least an abundence of the 1-6 levels, a turn in system would put us back in the dungeons stealing again.

Community collection requirements are so enourmous, nobody would pursue it....just too discouraging.

Go with the TOT idea...love it!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow them to be turned in for sashes with invisibility charges (like the old items) :D

As for community collections...the points are way too skewed, some of the hardest things to get/make give the least points, especially with the artys since there's a limited number on the shard per amount of time the higher level ones would have to give a lot of points, nobody would wait 16 days to steal a saddle only to turn it in for 25 points or so.