• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

STAY AWAY FROM UO GAMECODES!!!

• Thread starter Lunaticus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lunaticus

They're at it again! I just tried to purchase two, SA upgrade codes, got an error message, tried once more, and got a second error message. Now, when I go check my bank account, I see that I've been charged for both failed attempts to the sum of $129.86!! I've about had it with this friggin website. Not only can you not purchase more than two codes per 14 days, but now I'm just going to get charged and receive nothing in return! :cursing:

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add it to the long list of simple things that they seem to mess up without fail any time something important is going on.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To play the other side, a guildmate bought in one transaction 5 codes, had them emailed immediately, and nothing wrong.

Just saying, your mileage may vary.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it was fine for me too.

But, with this kinda thing, it should work 99.9% of the time.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, make sure you use Explorer instead of Mozilla, otherwise you'll get an error.

G

guum

They're at it again! I just tried to purchase two, SA upgrade codes, got an error message, tried once more, and got a second error message. Now, when I go check my bank account, I see that I've been charged for both failed attempts to the sum of $129.86!! I've about had it with this friggin website. Not only can you not purchase more than two codes per 14 days, but now I'm just going to get charged and receive nothing in return! :cursing:
Call your bank/credit card company. Tell them what happened and ask them to perform a 'chargeback'. Problem solved. Incidentally, if the website's chargeback rate is high enough, they'll lose VISA privileges (keeping chargeback rates down is a real motivator for good online billing practice).

Still, that's really annoying. Personally, I used the EA Store without incident, but I feel your pain. I'd go bonkers.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who's to say it doesnt? Can you tell me how many people have purchased successfully as opposed to those who had trouble?

Funny thing is, you never hear here from everyone who was successful, but I'll be darned if it hiccups, you will see it here. Lunaticus, I am sorry for your mixup, just so you dont think im trolling.

L

Lunaticus

Well I made the grave mistake of only purchasing two codes yesterday. That transaction went off without a hitch. . . Today, however. . . I've just gotten off the phone with a completely worthless EA customer service rep. At this point, he did tell me that I'm not the only one this has happened to today, but that all he can do is "escalate" my incident to I guess some idiot higher up on the dumba$$ chain. :fight:

O

Old Man of UO

No problem here with UO Gamecodes... upgrade was easy and fast. In fact, I just checked and my CC hasn't even been charged 24hrs later! lol

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heck I am still waiting for my promo code,I received the upgrade code from the uo gamecodes but no promo code as of yet.that is just with one account(for now) upgraded I hate to see how bad it would be for me to uprgrade my other accounts.

L

Lunaticus

Who's to say it doesnt? Can you tell me how many people have purchased successfully as opposed to those who had trouble?

Funny thing is, you never hear here from everyone who was successful, but I'll be darned if it hiccups, you will see it here. Lunaticus, I am sorry for your mixup, just so you dont think im trolling.

LOL, I know you're not trolling. And yes, nobody ever hears of the smooth transactions. The only reason even I posted is to hopefully prevent this from happening to somebody else.

G

guum

Seriously, moving this? I mean, there are exclamation points in the title and it's all caps, ok, I'll grant that. But this is a legitimate warning...this isn't the first time people have had issues with uogamecodes.

L

Lunaticus

Seriously, moving this? I mean, there are exclamation points in the title and it's all caps, ok, I'll grant that. But this is a legitimate warning...this isn't the first time people have had issues with uogamecodes.
That's what I was thinking!

G

guum

I'm enjoying the expansion immensely so far. Tons of stuff to do and a lot of nice little touches, in spite of the hiccups. But I'd say getting charged $130 for nothing is more than a hiccup.

Did you call your bank yet? That's totally the way to go. You'll get things done a lot faster with them than EA. Then once you get the charge recovered, try the EA Store.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heck I am still waiting for my promo code,I received the upgrade code from the uo gamecodes but no promo code as of yet.that is just with one account(for now) upgraded I hate to see how bad it would be for me to uprgrade my other accounts.
the 3 emails i received after upgrading my 3 accounts all had both the upgrade code and the promo code in the same message. are you sure yours only has the upgrade code?
ps to the other poster - i used firefox and had no issues either.

S

Salya Sin

WOW! Sorry! I purchased 4 upgrades yesterday at once on uogamecodes...
All 4 came immediately in an email... with the promo codes and all accounts upgraded without a hitch... If I had read this thread before that...I wouldn't have bought them there. Just.. WOW!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, upgrading and patching were about the only things I did manage to do yesterday. This morning I redeemed one of the promo codes on Europa and changed a character into a gargoyle. I'm kinda wondering if he'll be elf or gargoyle next time I manage to log him in, or whether I'm going to find I lost a code.

N

nemo

Weird how it only affects some people.

I can't buy from uo codes because it says my address is wrong, even though it isn't.

I can't buy from EA store because i get this error

Error:

We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Error Number: SIT_000002

Mind you Europa is down anyway so i couldn't play even if i could buy the codes.

And i am using firefox :wall:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because lets be honest. The game isn't that popular . . .
And I guess because YOU say that it isn't that popular then it must be true?????
have you paid any attention to how few players roam your shard?

I have seen few players roaming the changed Fire island. I found it actually scary and left me wondering if I have been tossing money down a hole.

Fortunately UO seems to be changing their style of offerings to players and have done a lot for Crafting. Nothing in SA seems to require that you kill supermonsters with a gadzillion hitpoints or have a gazillion in gold to buy the ingredients.

I'm a player who enjoys this game for the Crafting in it. The combat is pretty much limited to getting resources for my Crafters.

This game could pull in a lot of potential players who don't care for hardcore combat games which nearly all games are. UO needs to start advertising the non-combat features of this game and do EM events geared to low combat Crafting related things. I suspect many who play hardcore combat games but don't particularly enjoy them would stop by to check UO out. In UO you can play anything from a non-combat capable crafter to a miner combat miner/logger and have a lot of fun. No real combat involved. Unlike 90% of the games out there.

Stop trying to compete with other hardcore combat games UO. Use the qualities this game has that the others don't to pull in players.

Don't compete with the other games strengths (strengths hah!). Compete with them using the strengths this game has that theirs don't have. All the play possibilities for the non hardcore combat players out there. Some games touch on crafting, nothing I know of has Crafting and low voilence play like UO.

Don't compete with them on thier terms. Compete with them on terms *they* can't compete on.

N

nemo

My bank ran me this morning because of the use on my card last night, and confirmed i have been charged no less than 6 times for codes i haven't received.

The reason i couldn't buy direct from EA after was because the bank had blocked my card.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm waiting for cust serv & Chrissay to look into why uogamecodes doesn't recognize my username. Everything is in order, but it don't like my money :(

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I was lucky. Upgraded 5 accounts and instantly got all the info in one email. Sorry you are having trouble.