• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stay at home Mom...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Is it a 'real job"? Seems a big deal has broken out . Unfortunately, it has broken out at a level of income that it hardly matters.

The liberal point of view is stay at home moms have no clue on economics. The conservative view is it is a noble calling.

I say none of the people debating this issue in the "news" have a freakin' clue.

Managing a mid sized house hold at an "average income" as a stay at home mom is a job. With out nannys or a bottemless budget. Stay at home moms (and dads) is a difficult job. It is a balancing act of budgeting, scheduling and performance that is admirable.

Nothing against working moms. I mean that. It is a choice you make. Some family choose two incomes. Some choose one. There are advantages and disadvantages to both choices.

But telling a stay at home mom they have no clue about economics... just wrong.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this person speaks for all liberals? Should I assume all conservatives are in a public restroom tapping their neighbors foot? I don't consider myself either liberal or conservative yet parts of both. Viewpoints such as yours and other people in the country touting how one side says or does this is doing nothing to promote unity and just feeds division. As for a stay at home mom hats off to them it's a tough job, do they understand things people in the corporate rat race (if they have never been there) go through, no. Do some corporate types not know how to handle screaming kids and managing a household, no. Neither is a negative and is just a way of life.