• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Status Check on the Third Party Cheat Detection

C

Cal_Mythic

Here is a quick status ...
At this moment I have a massive spreadsheet to parse and gather data on player activity.

It has unique account IDs with the programs the account was running.

I will not share how the data was gathered, or the methods by which players will be ... prosecuted ... :) I almost used the term executed but that would have been a bit too dark even for my tastes.

However, please know the processes are alive and well. The application has been running for some time now, and we made a few changes offline to adapt for different types of accounts and how we can parse all the information.

We had publish to work on as well as the Housing DB, Login Server and conversion of the character DB as priority for a while. (In addition to some other wondrous nuggets you will hear about next week!)

As stated before this is an iterative process. Some players have mentioned how the mass bannings of the past are not the most just way of taking action. As many of you have stated ... moving forward on this is delicate ... But please know it's NOT been abandoned by any means.

And I will say ... it's nice to be able to look directly into player behavior in a simple format. I guess Excel isn't as evil as some might believe.