• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stats

G

I was just kinda looking at my main char's stats - I'm level 31, tauran warrior - and I wondered if anyone could suggest ways in making me that little bit better so I could not die quite so often
I'm still quite lost when it comes to tuning my character to make the best of what I've got.

Strength: 101
Agility: 55
Stamina: 94
Intellect: 19
Spirit: 43
Armor: 1910

Weapon skill: 151 (one hand sword - wingblade / shield - arctic buckler)
Damage 67-89
Speed 2.20
Power 275
Hit rating: 0
Crit chance: 11.17%

I don't mind buying weapons or things if I have to but I'm not a cash cow

aj

L

Lord Abernathy

For warriors, I believe the most important is to have updated equipment. Try to have gears right at your level, at least don't go below 1 level of your char's level. I remember when I was leveling up my lowbie warrior in the 20s, I keep dying to mobs 1-2 levels above me and also to 2-3 mobs at the same time.

However, once I upgraded all my gears to the same level as I am, I was killing mobs 2-3 above me without problems, and taking on 2-3 mobs at the same time with at least 1/3 life leftover.

G

So the bottom line is that whether PvP or PvE, it's all about gear.

L

Lord Abernathy

yeah, that's true for all classes...but especially so for warriors i think, they're extremely gear dependent. I know for my other chars (druid, mage, priest, warlock, rogue), I can have gears 2-4 levels below my char level and still kill mobs 2-3 levels higher than me, and also fight 2-3 mobs at the same time.

Playing warriors can be expensive cuz of the gear, plus the fact that they wear plate so if they die, their repair fees are higher than all other classes.

I

Irima

That is true. Warriors are highly gear dependant. i would suggest maybe looking for gear with a little more stamina. This will increase the amount of life you have therefore making take longer for a mob you bring you down

G

I say Agi as much as possible, not only for crits but to dodge and it gives some extra armor.

L

Lord Cream

<blockquote><hr>

I was just kinda looking at my main char's stats - I'm level 31, tauran warrior - and I wondered if anyone could suggest ways in making me that little bit better so I could not die quite so often
I'm still quite lost when it comes to tuning my character to make the best of what I've got.

Strength: 101
Agility: 55
Stamina: 94
Intellect: 19
Spirit: 43
Armor: 1910

Weapon skill: 151 (one hand sword - wingblade / shield - arctic buckler)
Damage 67-89
Speed 2.20
Power 275
Hit rating: 0
Crit chance: 11.17%

I don't mind buying weapons or things if I have to but I'm not a cash cow

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

All the replies are mostly true. Gear will make a big difference for you. The MOST important thing about your gear is to ensure it has the most beneficial stats on it. Many would be surprised how many warriors walk around wearing +intellect gear.

Then I would ensure it is up to date. If you're grasping the use of all your new skills, then I'd say don't let any of your equipment get older than ~3 levels of you if it can be helped. Rares (blue items) will last you ALOT longer than greens. Greens can and need to be updated every 3 levels or so. It's done by easily just doing quests. Rares can last for a very long time, especially rare weapons. Then tend to be ~10 dps higher than most greens your level, and thus don't need replacement as often ...if it is a good weapon.

As everyone else has mentioned, Strength, Stamina, and Agility are your friends. "of the Bear", "of the Monkey", and especially "of the Beast" gear will be what you're looking for mainly.

At your level, more than anything, enjoy experimenting with the different gear
More often than not, its the use of your skills and talents that also need adjusting to be a more effective killer as a Warrior. Couple that with bad gear, and it's a losing situation. So I hope we can be of help here.

Good luck!