• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stats for Disco Archer?

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking of trying out Poo's Disco Archer template. It looks like it would be a helluva lot of fun.

100 archery (120 with hunters headdress on)
120 tactics
120 music
120 disco
100 bushido
70 chiv
90 meditation

Just curious where I should lock my stats? Human or Elf?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will want high STR and DEX and enough INT/mana to support your bushido moves. Your stats will be roughly the same as other archery templates, since Discordance requires nothing special, stat wise. You will want to base your DEX off how fast you want to shoot your bow, since it detemines your base stamina value.

Browse over the templates in the Warrior Forum for more information.

Stayin Alive,

BG

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks... I think I'm going to try:

Str 80
Dex 125
Int 45

Hopefully that will be enough mana. I do want a high dex for rapid fire... :thumbup1:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your swing speed is based off increments of 30 Stamina. It is good to have some amount of stamina above the increment, so you don't slow down when hit. Once you get stamina increase on your armor and mana leech on your bow, I suggest you raise your strength.. 80 seems a bit low.

You can use this page:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php
to determine how fast you will be shooting (use the "Swing Delay" column). Even though the entry asks for DEX, just plug in your stamina instead to see how fast you are.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
exactlly.

i was just gonna say the same thing about the incriments of 30 dex.

keep in mind the hunters headress has some dex on it as well.

imbue yourself some armour with stamina and LMC and MR and our laughing.

i found that with a nice amount of LMC on my guy having like 40-50 int was just fine.

i usually go
100 str
100 dex
50 int (or how ever high i can get, stat scroll depending)

then i strive to get over 120 dex with my armour.
like was said, 30 increments.
30/60/90/120/150 are where you wanna aim for.
anything in between is a waste.
same as how having str over 100 you hit the diminishing returns stuff and its a waste.

cheers

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent advice, thank you. I had forgotten about the Stamina thing. This is what I get for not playing very often over the past few years. =/

100/100/50 it is!