• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

State of the wiki, 9/14/16

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I hope everyone's had a good time checking out the wiki so far. I've noticed a few people have started helping with editing it - thank you! :)

I've been working hard to get things 'done' in time; any help is greatly appreciated! :)

So, some new areas to announce!

Last, I've been working on building the new maps section. I'm still working on building all of them, but what exists so far can be found at Login required - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics

Please note that IE, Edge, and Firefox haven't yet caught up with some css standards. Edge and Firefox both should have support in the near future, but for now, you'll want to be using Chrome, Opera, or Safari to browse the Atlas pages.

So, how can you help?

1. Continuing to help add new info to the rares pages

2. Keeping an eye out for anything with the wrong picture, or where a picture looks like it applied the hue incorrectly (partially hued items where the whole item incorrectly got hued)

3. For the hunter's guide, there's over 800 mobs listed. But a definitive list of every mob doesn't seem to exist anywhere else; if I've missed ANY mobs, other than EM-event one-offs, please let me know!

4. For the Hunter's Guide, there's a page with some basic reports of missing info at Login required - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics These are easy things to know ("Is a Dragon still spawning?"), but with 800+ mobs to cover, there's just a lot of 10-second edits that need help getting done. :)

5. On every map in the Atlas, you'll see a little gear icon in the top left corner. Click on that to access the map tools I've built. If there's anything missing from a map, please go ahead and add it! I worked from old UOAM labels, plus my own custom UOAM maps, but I've not seen much in the way of UOAM label files to work from for the locations added with ML, High Seas, SA, and ToL. If the names are off on any of the existing labels, please also go ahead and correct those too! :)

6. @Larisa, can I task you with finishing writing Login required - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics ? :)

7. If everyone could check their shard's info in Login required - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics and add/fix any missing/incorrect EM/Advisor/PEC names, that'll help. If there's more than one, just separate with commas. (And leave out the title; EM ShanyraFyre and EM Challenger would list as "ShanyraFyre, Challenger".)

8. For each shard, you have a shard info page linked from the main page. Right now, they're pretty empty - I've just added a basic set of empty headers. If anyone feels like helping to fill in the names of former EMs, seers, councelors, etc, or if there's some other shard-specific info that you want to add, go for it.

9. Each shard also has a specific page for shard-unique locations and player towns. There were multiple attempts in the past to collect that type of info, and some even had pages made for them in the old stratics. You'll find a link for each shard's unique locations page in the info box for your shard (look on either the page linked from the main page, or the rares list for your shard). The page name for each shard is UO:shard_Player_Towns and UO:shard_Unique_Locations.

The only shard I've added a few to is Chessie's unique locations page, Login required - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics . Feel free to use that as a template though, for adding new player town and unique location listings.

At some point, when everything else is done, I'm going to look at adding the ability to show those towns and locations on the Atlas pages. On the Chessie page, you can see the round circles showing the location on the map. Directions on how to add those is at Login required - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics . Both tile and sextant coordinate systems can be used. For any town or location you add, please do add one of those circles. When I work on adding the ability to see those locations on the Atlas pages, it'll need to be able to read in the same coordinates that also are drawing those circles on those shard-specific pages. :)

I am also going to write a tool to edit item properties, for the rares and general item pages. There's just too many properties handled by that template. So look for that to come in the next couple of days - when it's ready, I'll post here.

We have less than a month until the public launch of the wiki. Any time anyone is willing to give to help get things up and running is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As the main source of information, @Kincsem , Amaryllis (not this forum member)
I appreciate the cooperation of several other people.

We are seeking information providers of Mugen and SP shards
also,I hope that the Manticore list will come back with the new season.
This wiki project did not go without his list.
And I hope that @Manticore List will be updated in the future.