• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

State of Oceania/UO?

• Thread starter Kaliron / Balth
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaliron / Balth

Havent played in a good few years now, been killing my spare time in WoW but starting to get a little bored.

Hows Oceania going? Many old names around?

Hows the PvP Scene?

B

BBurnyeWest

IT's actually looking up the pvp scene. Alot of minax have been around in the last few days, GIMP, MP and TOS alike. OPK are alive and well and i even got crashed by the rons a couple of days ago so they cant be too far away.

P

Paradox_

One Ron and I have closed our accounts, so yes, they are pretty far away.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, I think Im done this time.

Gargoyles and flying? Nah, definately done thanks. This is not UO.
yeah im done too, havent logged in for a few months and have no interest to. SA won't do much, just more duengons, more overpowered templates and more **** to horde bearing no real use.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, I think Im done this time.

Gargoyles and flying? Nah, definately done thanks. This is not UO.
I agree its not UO. But there is no other game out there like it. Ive tried most and cant get into the others like i can with UO

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree its not UO. But there is no other game out there like it. Ive tried most and cant get into the others like i can with UO
thats why i doubt i'll play any other mmo for a long time, the only one that slightly interests me at the moment is mortal online but aside from that the genre is pretty much dead.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats why i doubt i'll play any other mmo for a long time, the only one that slightly interests me at the moment is mortal online but aside from that the genre is pretty much dead.
Agreed. With everything going WoW-like its killing the genre. Mass-Grind = Death

S

siyeng0

Agreed. With everything going WoW-like its killing the genre. Mass-Grind = Death
Introducing levels to any multiplayer game kills it; you can be inferior to others in one area in UO but vastly superior in another, whereas if they're a level 60 and you're a level 12, that's it.

I hate WoW.

P

Paradox_

There are other states of UO out there and that is the form I want to play and remember it for, not this trammelised care-bear game it has become.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the most recent "large" mmo to come out is Darkfall, which is run by a company that unfortunately does not have enough money to make it an amazing success, from what I've heard it is basically still in beta. However at least it is based on a skills/hardcore system.

Mortal Online is basically going to be very similar to Darkfall except with graphics like that of Age of Conan, a dev team who basically made UO and enough money to keep promises. However, I still doubt I will play it.

K

Katlene

Gargoyles have been a part of Ultima lore since Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar, one of the most popular titles from the single-player series of Ultima games. Gargoyles have been known for their deep-held beliefs, including a belief system apart from the Eight Virtues of Lord British. They are also known as skilled artisans with their own secrets of crafting powerful items.

source

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss

it may not be UO but its still U.

T

Teeshy

's true =)

I'm looking forward to the expansion. Mostly just to do something new, see if it re-sparks my interest, cos I've kinda lost interest in the game lately too.

Though that could just be cos it's gotten even more laggy for me lately =( Maybe if we go to wireless (BIG "if" =P) it might be better =)

T

thenow

Me personally, I've always been hopefull that SA was going to help the blantant cheating and as it seems it will make it much more difficult to cheat.Way more difficult to cheat than it is today. Time will tell , but atm i'm encouraged. If it is the case then alot ppl will return to play and see whats the game is like.Most ppl quit UO due to the cheats over recent years.
More pleasing is the cheaters will either quit or play on an 'even' field as the rest of us. If they quit happy days, if they stay then their 'leet' pvp skills will be seen by all.
I will be back when SA comes out. And then we will see.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i laugh that you still think we hacked, its quite obvious that none of us did

P

Paradox_

'you beat me which is impossible cos im awesome so you must cheat'

T

thenow

My post was not aimed at anyone in particular but I am curious to as why you 2 replied to me.
As I said in my post, time will tell and it will be interesting who is playing SA

P

Paradox_

Noone good will be playing SA.

So you can be the best on the shard. Go son.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GO SON, FULFILL YOUR DESTINY! ITS YOUR TIME TO BECOME THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE GREATEST PVPER EVER KNOWN TO MAN!!!!!!!!

D

Dain

I don't get what these hacking/cheating claims are all about, seriously.

For one there is scripting, which will be damped for the short time but will return soon after release I believe - It's not really all the useful anyway; sure it can lead to more gold and more resources, trained skills etc but in PvP and even in PvM the only people it will help are those missing 8 fingers or half their brain.

There's duping, which will only be increased by the introduction of a new client and even if so, items are so easy to get now that money isn't really a significant factor of UO anymore.

There's speedhacking, which is minor and will be totally unaffected by a new client.

There's the occasional gimplate, ingame bug or exploit - but hacking doesn't exist.

There's no SDI hacks, insurance hacks or crap like that, all there is, is you're inability to understand the logistics of a simple MMO GUI.

*EDIT*
P.S,
I'm looking forward to S.A, I'm going to kill all the new bosses, train all the new skills and get all the new items; this will entertain me for probably 2 weeks. I'm excited about that because it will be the most entertainment I will have had from UO since the introduction of ML. Oh goodie.

K

Kaliron / Balth

So Trav and Romp were still around? Haven't really spoken to anyone since i left ages ago. Would come across the odd old UO player in Wow. Last person i probably spoke to would of been Lob or Emerald.

So OPK's still kick'n around? Any originals?

Without starting a flame war.. TC still around?

Yeah Fink i remember you :) Ive been gone for quiet awhile but was around for about 6years. Your a moderator now?

How things change. I still remember when i first started playing back in 99, begging my dad to pay the montly fee in return for mowing the lawns. Got a full time job now and bought my first house last year. Time to grow up i guess!

Anyway good to see a few old names still around, might troll the boards from time to time to see whats happening.

Ciao.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Trav and Romp were still around? Haven't really spoken to anyone since i left ages ago. Would come across the odd old UO player in Wow. Last person i probably spoke to would of been Lob or Emerald.

Without starting a flame war.. TC still around?

Yeah Fink i remember you :) Ive been gone for quiet awhile but was around for about 6years. Your a moderator now?

How things change. I still remember when i first started playing back in 99, begging my dad to pay the montly fee in return for mowing the lawns. Got a full time job now and bought my first house last year. Time to grow up i guess!

Anyway good to see a few old names still around, might troll the boards from time to time to see whats happening.

Ciao.
No one that you spoke of are still around.

The guild OPK yes. Though the original members arent

TC left to join WoW because they were tired of all the ass kicking they were receiving.

G

GET A LIFE ASAP

I don't get what these hacking/cheating claims are all about, seriously.
I would be embarrassed if I were you dain, seriously. You and held are the most prolific users of such tactics on this shard. EVERY decent pvper knows it. The funny thing is that you are still both crap which is why you can't run a successful pvp guild. The only difference I see between you and held though is that held (for the most part) admits to doing it.

For one there is scripting, which will be damped for the short time but will return soon after release I believe - It's not really all the useful anyway; sure it can lead to more gold and more resources, trained skills etc but in PvP and even in PvM the only people it will help are those missing 8 fingers or half their brain.
This makes no sense whatsoever. I think you must be missing 8 fingers or half your brain... come to think of it, it would explain your lack of pvp ability.

There's duping, which will only be increased by the introduction of a new client and even if so, items are so easy to get now that money isn't really a significant factor of UO anymore.

There's speedhacking, which is minor and will be totally unaffected by a new client.
I like how you refer to speedhacking as minor

There's the occasional gimplate, ingame bug or exploit - but hacking doesn't exist.
In the words of the Rons' surrogate mother, Pauline Hanson - "Please explain?"

There's no SDI hacks, insurance hacks or crap like that, all there is, is you're inability to understand the logistics of a simple MMO GUI.
I am assuming that you are talking to yourself here?

*EDIT*
P.S,
I'm looking forward to S.A, I'm going to kill all the new bosses, train all the new skills and get all the new items; this will entertain me for probably 2 weeks. I'm excited about that because it will be the most entertainment I will have had from UO since the introduction of ML. Oh goodie.
I guess you don't get any 'entertainment' out of pvp then?
You are such a tram dain.

D

Dain

^^^^

Okay there's a heap of spelling and grammar mistakes, wrong words etc, but I was typing on an Iphone; give me a break.

As for your belief that I am a hacker, you're wrong. If I am, I am surely a ****ing **** one.

D

Dain

Okay, hacking does exist in UO - It's was done once in the history of UO and all that he managed to do was spawn a statue on every tile of his server.

And yes, I am a tram. I don't remember saying otherwise.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only hacks that exist are speedhacks, stump hacks and walk through bagballs and other items... the rest are just exploits or bugs, most of which have no effect on how skillful somebody is in pvp.

but yes speedhacking is blatently obvious and the biggest culprits were wist, a few of the kovers and dain/held. a few people like wishes and stuff turned them on/off occasionally.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Trav and Romp were still around?
they play gamers, dont play oceania anymore.

no to both. a few trams who thought they could pvp remade a guild with the same name to try and look cool but really they were still just trams.

TC still around?
they basically rage quit after getting consistently demolished, they would come back every now and then when a new overpowered thing was released but basically they were just useless like always.

F

Fink

Scary, eh?

I actually quit a few months back because I no longer have the time devote to it. I felt the Beggar forum deserved someone more actively involved. For some reason I haven't been powered-down.. I might give them a nudge about it.

T

thenow

To think ,para and pet,you guys think I would be the best pvper with everyone playing an even playfield. I didnt realise you guys actually thought I was I was that good. I know I will not be anywhere near the best as a cartoon warrior (which I do not hold as important as you guys) but I am flattered.
By the way , para we all saw what you tried to do with the remote controll when you found ron cancelled his account.
Anyway I qoute myself yet again to restate the original point that you guys so lamely tried to distract from.
Seriously I want you guys to stay for SA, we will see then. And if you leave , well, to be honest . Happy Days :party:
Can I have all your stuff?

Me personally, I've always been hopefull that SA was going to help the blantant cheating and as it seems it will make it much more difficult to cheat.Way more difficult to cheat than it is today. Time will tell , but atm i'm encouraged. If it is the case then alot ppl will return to play and see whats the game is like.Most ppl quit UO due to the cheats over recent years.
More pleasing is the cheaters will either quit or play on an 'even' field as the rest of us. If they quit happy days, if they stay then their 'leet' pvp skills will be seen by all.
I will be back when SA comes out. And then we will see.

P

Paradox_

To think ,para and pet,you guys think I would be the best pvper with everyone playing an even playfield. I didnt realise you guys actually thought I was I was that good. I know I will not be anywhere near the best as a cartoon warrior (which I do not hold as important as you guys) but I am flattered.
By the way , para we all saw what you tried to do with the remote controll when you found ron cancelled his account.
Anyway I qoute myself yet again to restate the original point that you guys so lamely tried to distract from.
Seriously I want you guys to stay for SA, we will see then. And if you leave , well, to be honest . Happy Days :party:
Can I have all your stuff?
Do you ACTUALLY READ?

We never said you were good, we said that pvpers that are better than you (EVERYONE) will leave.

And I cancelled my account before I knew he had cancelled theirs.

Yeah its great that I have left, you can play with yourself in fel, because noone else will be there.

Have fun with that.

H

Held

I would be embarrassed if I were you dain, seriously. You and held are the most prolific users of such tactics on this shard. EVERY decent pvper knows it. The funny thing is that you are still both crap which is why you can't run a successful pvp guild. The only difference I see between you and held though is that held (for the most part) admits to doing it.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I think you must be missing 8 fingers or half your brain... come to think of it, it would explain your lack of pvp ability.

I like how you refer to speedhacking as minor

I am assuming that you are talking to yourself here?

Hey Elwood, I thought you were done with stratics?

D

Deano

Gargoyles have been a part of Ultima lore since Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar, one of the most popular titles from the single-player series of Ultima games. Gargoyles have been known for their deep-held beliefs, including a belief system apart from the Eight Virtues of Lord British. They are also known as skilled artisans with their own secrets of crafting powerful items.

source

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss

No it's not.

Gargoyles were an asexual race. They were its. Why? Because it's not human.

They were very alien. Infact the accurate word is demonic. They had skeletal faces with very penetrating eyes and quite aggressive features. Why? Because it's not human.

All I see in Stygian Abyss are humans with wings. Heck there are even female ones. They ALL have wings.

Where is the distinction between the superior and "inferior" gargoyles. The same contrast that was explored quite well in Ultima 6 and 7?

The Gargoyles also hailed from the Underworld... which was destroyed with the raising of the codex. Events which have not transpired. It could given the existence of virtues, the first stepping stones in that path.

D

Dain

It's possible they intend to have a live events before the client release, leading into it.

E

Elwood

Hey Elwood, I thought you were done with stratics?
Hi newb,

Yes I am done with stratics, but I still view the boards, namely the few posts that pertain, in some way shape or form to pvp (before they get locked of course).

I am also pretty much done with UO, I log in once a week now and the only pvp I find is you running around on a stealth tamer and dimebag on a stealth ninja/bushido dexxer. As gimp as those templates are you are still terrible, no challenge whatsoever. Acolyte (massive newb on mage) and I pwned you both for christ sake! lol

Bye

Oh, and Dain, why don't you lie more. Speedhacking is obvious. You weren't the only one and you didn't use it 24/7 but you did use it. I saw it as did the rest of AUPK, pet saw it as did the rest of SSO, that GET A LIFE guy obviously saw it. What a sad human you are to not even be able to admit it.

Bye x 2

H

Held

Hi newb,

Yes I am done with stratics, but I still view the boards, namely the few posts that pertain, in some way shape or form to pvp (before they get locked of course).

I am also pretty much done with UO, I log in once a week now and the only pvp I find is you running around on a stealth tamer and dimebag on a stealth ninja/bushido dexxer. As gimp as those templates are you are still terrible, no challenge whatsoever. Acolyte (massive newb on mage) and I pwned you both for christ sake! lol

Bye

Oh, and Dain, why don't you lie more. Speedhacking is obvious. You weren't the only one and you didn't use it 24/7 but you did use it. I saw it as did the rest of AUPK, pet saw it as did the rest of SSO, that GET A LIFE guy obviously saw it. What a sad human you are to not even be able to admit it.

Bye x 2

I don't own a char with stealthing =]

B

BBurnyeWest

Yeah thanks for the recognition there elwood, appreciate that mate :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.