• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat Ranges for the New Dragons

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I have a pretty good idea of the stat ranges for the new greater dragons. All except dex which I didn't pay much attention to because it is too low to make a difference in tamed greater dragons. I also have only included the skills that can be over 100 after taming, and I'm very iffy on the lower ranges of the skills. These are all pretamed stats.

Hit points, strength and dexterity are halved at taming. Wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% (X .72) on taming, but will train back up to a maximum of the pretamed skill minus 10% (X .9). Magery loses 10% on taming and that is it's new max. If you want to find out what your skill maximums will be for wrestling, tactics, and resisting spells, right after taming, before you do any training, divide those skills by .8.

Stats:
HP: 1000 - 2000
Str: 1025 - 1425
Int: 475 - 675

Resists:
Phys: 60 - 85
Fire: 60 - 90
Cold: 40 - 55
Poison: 40 - 60
Energy: 50 - 75

Skills:
Wrestling: 115 - 145
Tactics: 110 - 140
Resisting Spells: 110 - 140
Magery: 110 - 140

As you can see, the ranges on these critters are absolutely huge, so finding a really good one is going to be extremely difficult. Also if you find any stats that fall outside of these ranges, please post in this thread with the number.

G

I hope the range really goes to 2,000 and not 1,999 for hit points. It would be nice to have a pet with 1,000 hit points.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think it's your duty as a tamer to name your dragon "Jackpot" if you roll the max on all attributes.

Jackpot would be such a nice pet

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Neither Sarphus nor I have found one yet that we can remember that had over 145 wrestling, so I've revised that number.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ah, didn't notice the other thread on this same topic. Added some more info.

I

imported_Sarphus

Is my probability good?

I tried to calculate the odds to have a perfect resist greater dragon spawn. The number I came up with was 1 in 5,625,000

that's resists only... totally disregarding stats and skills.

If my memory from stats class is good (and it might not be), you calculate individual probabilities and then multiply.

So you have the ranges in each resist multiplied across.
1/25 * 1/30 * 1/15 * 1/20 * 1/25 = 1/5,625,000

is that right?

If it is, the probability becomes exponentially more likely the further from perfect you're willing to accept. Assume you only care about max phys, fire and energy. Then you have 1/25 * 1/30 * 1/25 = 1/18,750

How long does it take to go through 18,750 greater dragons?

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the likelihood of getting the lowest possible value the same as getting the highest? Do you have an equal chance of having the lowest possible physical resist, as the highest possible? If not, then it's going to be a whole lot more rare than what you listed.

G

How long did it take the kids to get all of the golden tickets?

18,750 / all possible shards = soon there will be complaints on UHall

G

Strength, Dex, and Int, def do not follow any set pattern. Most of the time STR and DEX are halved and Stamina is usually tied to Dex, but not always. STR and HP are never tied, so it seems, and I've never seen INT/Mana drop from wild to tame, they always have stayed the same for me. And INT/Mana are always the same number for me too.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree G.v.P. The variables don't roll straight random for each attribute. I get far more good pets of any kind than I would if that were the case, and often certain attributes are much harder to find high numbers in than others.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Edited the first post slightly. The other thread says max for int is 660, that may well be, I'll keep an eye on that and see if I see any higher. For now I'm just rounding off to the nearest 25.

G

A guildmate said they saw a Greater Dragon training today with 1,024 hit points. So apparently they do go above 2,000.

G

My 954 blesses to 1017 currently, with 94.7 eval. I noticed changes to bless at 75 eval and 90 eval...I assume it is the same as human bonus, hehe

G

I've seen many blessing themselves, the only stats I'm relying on now are dragons that haven't seen a player yet. I saw one with 1966 HPs yesterday, but can't verify 100% that he hadn't aggro'd on someone recently.

Incidentally, they can spawn with less than 1000 hps, but I forget where the thread was with a mention of that scrawny beast.

I'll try and keep the other thread updated as well, but if I miss anything here give me a nudge.

Wenchy

G

Well I tamed two of them today the first one wasnt that good the second one had good hp (945) and above average resists...only one thing bothered me...he had below GM wrestle when I tamed him...when he was wild he had 135 wrestle? the 10% reduction doesnt fit in here totally obviously...Well he did have 118.5 magery...but to be honest I prefer a 110 wrestle drag with "only" GM magery over the vice versa

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Incidentally, they can spawn with less than 1000 hps, but I forget where the thread was with a mention of that scrawny beast.
I've never seen this, any possibility it was cursed?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well I tamed two of them today the first one wasnt that good the second one had good hp (945) and above average resists...only one thing bothered me...he had below GM wrestle when I tamed him...when he was wild he had 135 wrestle? the 10% reduction doesnt fit in here totally obviously...Well he did have 118.5 magery...but to be honest I prefer a 110 wrestle drag with "only" GM magery over the vice versa

[/ QUOTE ]

These new dragons work like the reptilon they drop all skills (except magery) by 28% and then can be trained back to 90% of their pre-tame skills. So if your dragon had 135 wrestle pre-tame it will train back to 121.5.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lowered the upper skill ranges somewhat for most of the skills to 135 as I have not seen anything higher for those skills.

edit: And of course as soon as I did that I realized that I had one in my stable that broke that... I've switched it back...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think I have a pretty good idea of the stat ranges for the new greater dragons. All except dex which I didn't pay much attention to because it is too low to make a difference in tamed greater dragons. I also have only included the skills that can be over 100 after taming, and I'm very iffy on the lower ranges of the skills. These are all pretamed stats.

Hit points, strength and dexterity are halved at taming. Wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% (X .72) on taming, but will train back up to a maximum of the pretamed skill minus 10% (X .9). Magery loses 10% on taming and that is it's new max.

<u>Stats:</u>
HP: 1000 - 2000
Str: 1000 - 1400
Int: 475 - 675

<u>Resists:</u>
Fire: 60 - 90
Poison: 40 - 60
Energy: 50 - 75

<u>Skills:</u>
Wrestling: 115 - 145
Tactics: 110 - 140
Resisting Spells: 110 - 140
Magery: 110 - 140

As you can see, the ranges on these critters are absolutely huge, so finding a really good one is going to be extremely difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Info thank you very much

G

I didn't see it, so can't verify the cursed side of things. My current low on hps is still 1071.

Also confirmed a 139 dex spawn rate. Not that it makes much difference after taming, but there it is anyway

Wenchy

I

imported_Sarphus

I'm almost certain these stat ranges are accurate. A lot of people get confused about the stat ranges of their dragons because of bless and curse spells, but I'm pretty sure these ranges are correct or at least very close.

I've seen blessed dragons with 2k+ hp

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I'll revise the stat range for str.

I

imported_Sarphus

interesting... I didn't realize str went that high.

I agree with others that the stats don't roll straight random. They seem to have weighted averages possibly on a bell curve. What I'm not sure of is whether the stats work the way mods do when you make stuff with a runic crafting tool. The devs haven't really told us how exactly the stats roll on a critter, so all we can do is guess.

G

Thank you for posting this info! Now I've got a better idea of what to look for out there

G

I double checked it. I tamed a 1923 hp and it went to 961 tamed (which would be 1/2). I tamed a 1980 and it went to 954. I also got "stam loss" of 5 on the 1980, which is what I will call it when the dex and stam lose their parallel bond. I tamed one just now, a 1755, and it fell to 877, which follows the 1/2 trend, and it also received stam loss of 7. I tamed one other one, a 1638, which fell to 819, which is also 1/2. I also have one from Test, I believe, a 1568 which fell to 714 for some reason, perhaps due to inaccurate results resulting from a bless, so I will throw that out. All previous results listed were conducted in isolation, while that Test dragon was in the heart of Destard.

For me so far:

1980 HP: 954 HP, 5 Stam Loss
1923 HP: 961 HP, 0 Stam Loss
1755 HP: 877 HP, 7 Stam Loss
1638 HP: 819 HP, 0 Stam Loss

I was wondering if anything past 1950 had a curve to it, but if the Test dragon really did drop the way it did then that would mean any dragon could drop a bit. The stam loss issue is also perplexing to me.

Anyway, my 1755 is my new tank:

877 HP
615 STR
68 Dex (61 Stam; Max of 118 :/)
635 INT

82/88/54/60/70 (354; -11 from perfect, I think)

131.8 wres (118.6)
132.3 tact (119)
129.7 resist (116.7)
107.1 magery

Dex pisses me off, but will hit often and hard, and between magic resist and resistances should tank fairly well.

Ed.: Corrected INT on my tank dragon (my 1923 has 630 INT, and I mixed them up). I also double checked mr. 1923

G

What is the STR on those dragons? Maybe (and this is just a thought), there is a MAX DPS set up for the dragons, such that, if the stats of a dragon were to exceed a certain point and their DPS above a set number, that the stamina is lowered to put those numbers back in line.

Just a thought.

G

i'll take a look at the STR ranges later this week

also, may I make a suggestion to a Moderator? what about a sticky thread, this one, one of the others, I don't mind which one, but, so many people need an FAQ on these new dragons =P. I mean, I know a lot of people will just ask anyway, but, it's a thought.

and I need to rant.

the thing I hate about pet AI is that pets stop actively healing once they have no target, while wild monsters like Dark Fathers often keep healing randomly even if not engaged. I wish pets would cure and heal even when not engaged because quite often a RC would poison the dragon and then the RC would die, and the dragon would forget it was poisoned, lol

/rant

G

I've lored about 95 new dragons and haven't seen them fall below 55 poison resist. I've only recorded the skills and other stats of about 28/95 below, because, it is so tedious lol, but, here are my personal findings:

Stats:
HP: 1039-1980
Str: 1141-1299
Int: 487-639

Resists:
Fire: 65 - 90
Poison: 55 - 60
Energy: 56 - 75

Skills:
Wrestling: 116.7-137.6
Tactics: 112 - 135.3
Resisting Spells: 111.6 - 138.1
Magery: 111.7 - 137.7

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

also, may I make a suggestion to a Moderator? what about a sticky thread, this one, one of the others, I don't mind which one, but, so many people need an FAQ on these new dragons =P. I mean, I know a lot of people will just ask anyway, but, it's a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good idea. We have lots of info on cu's and colors etc but nothing sticky about the new dragons. I am lucky I found this thread since I didn't have a clue what to look for.

Thanks for this information btw..very helpful!

I

imported_MonkeyBusiness

After 3 weeks of looking, farming, and taming Greater Dragons I have finally found the ultimate keeper!!!!
HP = 942
STR = 635
85/74/43/55/56
WRESTLING = 92.1/115.1
TACTICS = 89.1/111.3
MAGERY = 119.0
RESIST SPELLS = 83.4/104.3
That would be a HP/1-Phys Resis rating of 6280 with great strength and solid wrestling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also found an awesome dragon that is almost as good:
HP = 889
STR = 592, low : (

Great phys/fire resist
85/86/41/60/64
WRESTLING = 92.3/115.4
TACTICS = 91.6/114.6
MAGERY = 109
RESIST SPELLS = 87.8/109.7

HP/1-Phys Resist rating of 5926.6666666!!!!!!

G

I saw a super drag who probably has the best resists in the game today. It also had awesome stats and magery. Wasn't trained yet either. Not the best I've seen in game though, unfortunately, I didn't take a screeny. It had 991 HP naturally and was located on Cats. This dragon is located on Baja.

http://i31.***********/ejvgi9.jpg

G

Good information! Currently I just returned to UO so my character is still in the process of skilling up, but I have been able to enjoy seeing these dragons in town and while running through destard for memories' sake!

I have also been testing out the skill changes on Test to see how they work since the last time I played was ~2000. &gt;.&lt; Also, I can only skill taming for so long before my mind goes numb! lol

Through taming them on test though I think I have seen higher than 55 cold resist, maybe 58. I'll have to double check tonight when I get home from work.

Its a pain to find a decent well rounded dragon due to these ranges also. I often see near perfect resists coupled with low health. Although, I am a resist guy more than a pure HP guy. Through testing barding, I found that a ~1200 hp GD with amazing resists could waste a 1900+ hp GD with lousey resists. The skills were pretty similar. Stats were a little lower in str on the 1200 hp one.

Anyway, I will post the cold resist if I have it stabled.

Good work on the ranges though! I can't wait to tame these bad boys on Baja when my tamer gets up there. I could probably tame them now but I don't have a guild, so I'm trying to set up a solo tamer. :/ Then again, if any guild is looking for someone on Baja let me know!

J

JoyousGard

I had trouble finding this post, so I thought I would bump it.

F

frawsty

What is the taming/lore required to control one of these super dragons? How do you calculate this?

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I skimmed, so I hope I didn't miss the post, here is my question;

When the dragons are tame and trained a bit, can their HP rise with time and skill? Or does that number remain static?

Thanks in advance!

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the taming/lore required to control one of these super dragons? How do you calculate this?
The actual formula for controlling pets depends on the pet difficulty (PD). If your taming and lore are above the PD, it is rather easy :

MaxControl (99%) = (PD * 2) + 10

PD= 104.7 for a greater drag

This means that as long as both taming and lore are above 104.7, all you need is to distribute 10 points across taming and/or lore. 104.7 taming/114.7 lore should give max controll as well as 109.7/109.7.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Uber Dragon
STATS Minimum Maximum After Tame
Hit Points 1000 2000 1000
Stamina
Mana 475 675 337
STR 1025 1425 712
DEX
INT 475 675 337
RESISTANCES Minimum Maximum
Physical 60 85
Fire 60 90
Cold 40 55
Poison 40 60
Energy 50 75
SKILLS Minimum Maximum
Wrestle 115 145
Tactics 110 140
Magic Resistance 110 140
Magic / EI 110 140

Dread Warhorse
STATS Minimum Maximum After Tame
Hit Points 555 648 650
Stamina 92 125
Mana 92 152
STR 502 551 551
DEX 89 125 125
INT 100 159 159
RESISTANCES Minimum Maximum
Physical 65 75
Fire 20 40
Cold 20 40
Poison 50 60
Energy 40 50
SKILLS Minimum Maximum
Wrestle
Tactics
Magic Resistance
Magic / EI

just posting this up here cause i can never seem to find my files.

I

I FLEX YA HEARD

The really good dragons are fairly uncommon, im talking 85% in all skills/stats/resists...or 4.2+/5 on pet calculator. I have a stealth/tamer and he will scope fel and tram destard several times a day and lore every greater in the place. Anything 3.5+ is worth taming if you feel the urge, they're worth at least a mil or two. When you do this enough you will see the bad boys come out every now and then...I tamed a 4.3 other day but it died lol so still on the search for a 4.5+

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:blushing:

The 'they' in question happens to be me, so thank you very much, and I've fixed it.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its rare but i have seen one gd with 90 phisical resist so this 85 nonsense is just that i have also tamed one with 89 phisical resist 90 fire

also you all are off on max str i know because my first one had 706 str not blessed i am not mistaken i also gave this one away due to low resist hp ext.