• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat gains

G

About a week ago my wife bought a stat scroll (+25) to add some str to her tamer. The tamer is a vet char and has the max 720 skill points - basic scrolled out tamer/mage with about 70 spellweaving.

She has tried everything we can think of other than loosing skill points to get a str gain, but no gains have happened in four days.

armslore/focus seesawing, mining, stripping (my personal favorite
) - no gain. Dieing has happened more than once and hasn't seemed to help either.

Anyone have a (positive and possibly helpful) suggestion?

*edit - and str is turned up, the other stats are locked.

G

If her current base strength is 125, then she won't be able to gain. Other than that, I have no idea

G

Can't gain Stats if your skills are all capped. Have her soulstone a skill, train some worthless skills from NPCs, get a Training Dummy, set Macing to raise, gain it to 10.0, set it to go down, set Wrest to raise, get it to 10.0. Set it to lower, raise Macing again. The Sesaw trick. If that doesn't work, i heard you might have to cross a server line to gain again for some weird ass reason.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can't gain Stats if your skills are all capped. Have her soulstone a skill, train some worthless skills from NPCs, get a Training Dummy, set Macing to raise, gain it to 10.0, set it to go down, set Wrest to raise, get it to 10.0. Set it to lower, raise Macing again. The Sesaw trick. If that doesn't work, i heard you might have to cross a server line to gain again for some weird ass reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not entirely true. You CAN gain stats as long as the skill is pointed UPWARD. I am not too sure why they are having problems, though.

Yule

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the trick is to unlock (letting them move up) your already capped skills. Let's say she has Veterinary already at 100, 110 or even 120 capped. Unlock it and she should get stat gains. As far as I know you cannot gain stats from locked skill's use. I had recently bought a scroll too and this way it worked for me.

Also make sure that only one type of stat is set to up at one time. I first tried to raise INT and STR at the same time but only INT gained all the time. Once I locked it STR began to raise. Seems to be easier to raise one stat at a time.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
lock all skills except arms lore.
have arms lore set up.
have dex and int locked.
have str set to go up.

now make a UOassinst macro to arms lore a weapon in your pack.
put a 1 second (1000) pause after it.

then just start hammering that key.

you'll cap out in a couple of minutes.

you need to have the skill that you are trying to toggle your stat points in set to up.
if you have everything else locked then you wont gain in that skill, which is fine, cause as long as it is set up it will still get the skill check, which will in turn do a stat check (every once in a while)

this is what i do when i start a new toon.
i go to heaven and i buy all all random skills till i reach my cap of 720.
then i lock all skills except arms lore and music.
i of course do NOT buy up arms lore and music.
then i play music till i reach where i want my dex.
then i toggle arms lore till i get to the STR i want.
int i dont worry about cause it gains like mad with med and focus set up anyways, but if you MUST gain it faster then you can just toggle Eval Intel and target a NPC.
i did this twice last night on new toons, maxed out my stats in under half an hour on each of them, and they where both brand spanking new.

if your still lost or stuck BardMal, icq me, i think your still on my list somewhere.